Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
WidenersInline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 264 mold

Boolit Mold

264 mold

I'm wondering about getting a mold for 6.5 JDJ and 6.5 Bullberry barrels I have. They shoot real well with jacketed 120-130grains and under but would like to try cast in them.My question is has anyone used cast boolets in theres with any luck?thanks

Boolit Buddy
    Hello,

Have not cast for these specific cartridges but have for the .264 Win. Mag. What we found was that due to dia./lenght/weight ratios the bullet, they needed to be seated shallow/deep depending on throat and neck length. The .264 neck is short and we did not want to seat too far beyond the neck but some rifles has short throats and the bullet was seated very deep.

Suggestion, try the RCBS 6.5mm 140-SIL 6.5mm (264 Diameter) 140 Grain Silhouette Gas Check. 6.5mm molds are not all that common but this should work. Look at Saeco also.

Need a quick spin for the longer heavy bullets also.

Boolit Buddy
    I really like CBE's 266132 bullet in my 6.5x55.

Boolit Mold
    I picked up 2 of the Lee 264 mold from mid south a coupe weeks ago and my win 6.5x55 shots them fair with only 1 load tried and my 6.5 jdj and bullberry not so good.I was thinking of casting some more and cutting them back and trying different weights and lengths.I'm thinking about trying to buy a few of the different boolets to help me decide wich mold to buy.thanks for the info