MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee Precision
RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Using a hand press in public.

Boolit Master

Don't mean to sound like a smart@@@ but to me its common sense,like picking your nose or scratching your butt,bad ju ju in public,other than a positive gun friendly atmosphere! GT27
    You can't buy common sense,and stupidity can't be fixed!

The range is semi public as far as "gun related activities", sizing your brass where someone else will be eating or drinking is not good.

Boolit Bub
    Workinging up ammo at the range is common around here...

However with the broad definition of what is a "terrorist act", and considering this could be used until it was decided....I would not "Brandish Ammunition" in a public place.

It's clear today, the definition of , "Terrorist Act", "Brandishing", and even if an empty case is considered ammunition, depends on who is defining "Them".
    The terrain looks a Hell of a lot different when you'er crawling through it!

Wounded Warrior Alumni

Boolit Man
    Mr. Jog.
    The world indeed is becoming stranger and stranger every day. People are just paranoid. Im sure some people would even be offended by whittling wood at a bowling alley. I believe it is the right of the property owner to not allow it. My response would have been. " I respect your feelings on the matter" and brought the press out to my car. I would have also said that from now on I'll be bowling at home on my Wii !

A co worker and I were once interviewed extensively by our corporate security team because we were TALKING about doing some shooting at the range over the weekend. I was basically told that not only did my second amendment rights end when I entered their property but my first amendment did as well ! Sad but true ! Nowadays if we talking about guns, shooting, hunting etc., we have to speak in code.
    If enough pressure is applied, it'll go

This what at my bowling league. I'm still friends with the manager. I was just surprised that anyone would think what I was doing was illegal. I had been working 65+ hours for a few weeks, and I needed to finish some ammo for an upcomming outing. Also skipping bowling means I lose 23 bucks. I did make it through 100 rounds before anyone said anything. The guy on the other team even came and helped me prep the brass.

I noticed a lot of guys that have the "nobody needs to know what I do" attitude. Well that's good for you guys. But I could care less if anyone knows I reload. It's not like I'm ashamed of it. And I don't feel as if I need to demonstrate the processs in front of a crowd. It served my purpose and I have no regrets.

And to the guy that said he could see no reason to do what I did. There are plenty of reasons for me to have done this. Think a little harder next time.

Sorry to hear about your work situation goose. It's a shame anytime an individual or a company is able to use their position to trample all over your rights. I'm proud to say that I work for a small company full of gun enthusiasts. It can be easy to forget how some people view guns and gun ownership when you are surrounded by the type of people I am.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjog View Post
    Sorry to hear about your work situation goose. It's a shame anytime an individual or a company is able to use their position to trample all over your rights. I'm proud to say that I work for a small company full of gun enthusiasts. It can be easy to forget how some people view guns and gun ownership when you are surrounded by the type of people I am.
    Yeah, I was both scared ( thought I was getting fired ) and pissed at the same time. Just stood there trying not to.... well.... release feces in my pants....
    If enough pressure is applied, it'll go

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by guidogoose View Post
    Yeah, I was both scared ( thought I was getting fired ) and pissed at the same time. Just stood there trying not to.... well.... release feces in my pants....

larger corps are full of perfectly coiffed, not a scar on them, excited by new cafe openings metrosexuals.

That is ridiculous. I worked for a large company for 17 years and NOBODY said anything against guns reloading or whatever. Even brought loaded ammo in to trade. Though something like that was sort of hid.

Boolit Master

Hmm I know a guy who sorts brass in his work van with his old man, also keeps a scatter gun in there. Once was told by a client not to bring it back for security reasons (the brass) they didn't know about the gun. Now he keeps the door closed and the air on.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567