Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load DataRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Lyman or RCBS

Boolit Buddy

Lyman or RCBS

I noticed that dies for the lubrasizer are interchangeable between the two companies and the Lyman are significantly less expensive. Which one is the best way to go?

Also, if you need a size that is not offered in their catalogue how do you get one?

Thanks,

Russ
    Last edited by rjathon; 05-02-2012 at 01:04 AM.

The Lyman dies have a dished return rod, therefore I liked those better. And if you need a size not offered contact Buckshot here on the forum. His dies are far superior to the Lyman dies IMO. But he will only do sizes not available by Lyman and rcbs.

Always carry, never tell.

Boolit Grand Master
    I prefer Buckshot's H&I dies over all others, the Lymans are a distant second--and the RCBS a more distant third.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    The Lyman dies have multiple rows of lube holes whereas the RCBS dies only have one row. If the boolits you size have a single lube groove consider using the RCBS. If your boolits have multiple lube grooves the Lyman dies may work better for you.
    Some times it's the pot,
    Some times it's the pan,
    It might even be the skillet,
    But, most of the time, it's the cook.

Boolit Master
    I like the Lyman lube dies, I have a couple of RCBS and I don't like the dished out part at the entrance of the die. The lyman die is opened up just enough that the unsized boolit will go in just a fraction and allows the the top punch to push it streight in.

Boolit Master

Lyman's are a tad better than the RCBS dies from my experiences. Neither make the grade when it comes to sizing what's stamped on the die so it's ahit or miss thing./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....