WidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: 9MM Tru-Line Jr. Die Set?

Boolit Master

9MM Tru-Line Jr. Die Set?

Hi,
    I have a orphan Tru-Line Jr Press on the way and I am looking for a set of tru-line dies as I am under the impression those dies WILL FL size the brass. Can someone familiar with the tru-line and 310 tool tell me what the real set up is on these,similarities,difference???? Thanks! Oh,I am looking for a set of 9MM dies and a shellholder!

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Man! I thought there was some die hard Lyman Tru-Line Jr. owners around here!
    Last edited by seagiant; 05-07-2012 at 08:52 PM.

I have the powder measure that fits it.

Boolit Master

seagiant,

First thing is we need to make sure you know that their are the Tru-line press ( usually refered to as the tru-line senior, but really the tru line) and the tru-line jr press ( in two variations).

There is a difference in dies fo rthe tru-line and the tru-line jr. The tru-line jr will use 310 or tru-line jr dies and the j shellholder. plus the t priming post.

As for dies yes there are full length dies for the compound linkage pres as shown in your first picture. they will have CFL stamped on them. The CMR dies are a combined muzzle resizer and decapper, these do not full length size.

Send me a pm about the tru-line jr 9mm die set.

Boolit Grand Master
    The 310 Shop (that is mentioned here from time to time) currently lists 9 mm Para dies for the 310 tool, which will work with the TL Jr, but only neck resizes. If you have a pistol with a good tight chamber, you might be able to get by with that. Otherwise, the FL die will be necessary. Be aware that the TL Jr also uses the old Lyman J-type shell holders, and finding those for specific calibers is sometimes a bit of a challenge. Don't get discouraged, though. I set up a TL Jr for loading my 32 S&W Long (found a NIB die set at OGCA!) and love it.

Froggie

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    PM sent,Yes I have a Lyman Tru-line Jr. Turrent press with the compound linkage on it's way to me. I was thinking to set it up for 9MM loading as that would be the least amount of stress on it and I was wanting to use the Lyman dies made for that press. Thanks!

Boolit Master

Froggie,

What you have done with the set up for 32 S&W Long is what I am going to do also. I thought I had the hard part done, I have the proper shell holders. All I have been able to find is a full set of 32 S&W 310 dies. So for now it is dressed that way.

SeaGiant,

I will look to see what is in the stuff and get back to you, hopefully late this evening. I bought about 8 sets of dies off the swappin and selling section a few years ago and I think one set is 9mm. Not sure about shell holder though.

I've got a 9mm complete set in nice shape, with original box. P/M me.

Phil

Oh, and there's a conversion part to let you use standard shellholders in the Tru-Line Jr. I forget who has it - Midway? I'll do some digging. . . .

I have two of the little beasts. No complaints from me. One has had a new crown plate with 7/8" holes installed and the shellholder conversion, and does virtually all of my .38/.357 reloading.
    Last edited by uscra112; 03-22-2012 at 04:08 PM.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by seagiant View Post
    I was thinking to set it up for 9MM loading as that would be the least amount of stress on it and I was wanting to use the Lyman dies made for that press. Thanks!
    I wouldn't worry about the stress too much. I size 45/70 on mine no problem. I'm using the new turret for 7/8 dies and the case holder adapter, but the overall press is stout enough.

Boolit Master

The adapter for the shellholder is the the j to x adapter, they also make the priming t punches to fit the j to x adapter

Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Thanks for the help. I got my press in today and seems to be in excellent working condition, though a bit of rust but some TLC will take care of that. This press is smaller than I thought as I have only seen pics!

I can't see how guys are reloading 45-70's on this thing!