Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: 6.5 170 gr. CM cut to ORIGINAL SPECS?

Boolit Master

6.5 170 gr. CM cut to ORIGINAL SPECS?

Is there any interest in the 6.5mm 170gr Swedish "Cruise Missle" designed to the ORIGINAL SPECS (as the Midsouth LEE molds currently are NOT)?

I used to buy these from Gardners Cache (which I've been told were cast from the first GB Lee mold), but they are no longer listed.

If 45 2.1 is listening, perhaps he could post a drawing of the original specifications.

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBushBro View Post
    Is there any interest in the 6.5mm 170gr Swedish "Cruise Missle" designed to the ORIGINAL SPECS (as the Midsouth LEE molds currently are NOT)?

I used to buy these from Gardners Cache (which I've been told were cast from the first GB Lee mold), but they are no longer listed.

If 45 2.1 is listening, perhaps he could post a drawing of the original specifications.
    No specs will be posted, but I am seeing about getting a really good mold maker to see if he can cut it.

NYBushPro: remember, 45 2.1 keeps all his data to himself, so you just have to trust, if it is one of his designs, that it will work in your gun if he says it should.

so far I have not heard anyone say they have been lead astray by 45 2.1 but ultimately it is your call, on whether you don't mind buying into a design that you will know nothing about until Your money is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by nanuk View Post
    I have not heard anyone say they have been lead astray by 45 2.1 but ultimately it is your call, on whether you don't mind buying into a design that you will know nothing about until Your money is gone.
    Same thing happens with all the commercial mold makers......... for the last 100+ years. They're in the business to make money, so oversize molds aren't going to be produced though you do see a lot of undersize ones. You can buy any of the commercial models and get "normal" accuracy to 1600 fps or so. Thats why we have GBs here........ to provide molds that fit those new or worn firearms so you can try other things out.

Boolit Master

If a GB comes up for this I'd be all over it!

The CM mold I got from Midsouth was such an unuseable *** I gave it away...

My 140gr mold from BRP works awesome, but it still leaves some rams standing in the military rifle silhouette matches.

Boolit Master
    i could use one also,,,
    i.m just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round..... i really love to watch them roll ,,,, J,W,L.

Quote Originally Posted by 45 2.1 View Post
    Same thing happens with all the commercial mold makers......... for the last 100+ years. They're in the business to make money, so oversize molds aren't going to be produced though you do see a lot of undersize ones. You can buy any of the commercial models and get "normal" accuracy to 1600 fps or so. Thats why we have GBs here........ to provide molds that fit those new or worn firearms so you can try other things out.

exactly.

Also, I'd expect that if one was needing additional assurance, an impact cast of the chamber, or Cerrosafe Cast, would provide You with all the info you need to tell me, or anyone whether your design will fit my/their gun.

like I said, matter of trust. We trust that You know what you are doing when you design boolit moulds!

Me, I'm a technical guy who loves numbers, but I also know when to trust someone who knows far more than me.

Quote Originally Posted by nanuk View Post
    Also, I'd expect that if one was needing additional assurance, an impact cast of the chamber, or Cerrosafe Cast, would provide You with all the info you need to tell me, or anyone whether your design will fit my/their gun.
    I don't trust Cerrosafe for what I do........... it expands and contacts after casting. Some of the tolerences I deal in go down to 0.0001" ( yep, thats 1 ten thousandth), so an impact pure lead slug is the only stable material i'll use. Most throats erode at the same angle also. The problem is whether the same throating specs are used between manufacturers even with the same supposed throat (like the 5.56 Nato and Wylde chambers.... there are differences between makers). Militaries are a lot easier to fit, even though they are large throated.

Banned
    I'd be in on this one.

I'm interested. I would like to know the diameter, or if we can specify the diameter we need.

Jeff

Question

Are we talking about the 170 FN here, or something else?
    Regards,

WE

What is the cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Haggway View Post
    What is the cost?
    Presently i'm waiting on a response as to whether a certain moldmaker can and will cut it. If he can, a new thread in active group buys will appear with the particulars.

Boolit Master
    Looking forward to hearing whether this will be a GO.

I just got a reply. The GB is ACTIVE here:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=150107