Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: New Marlins

Boolit Bub

New Marlins

I keep reading here & other places that Marlin's quality has slacked off a bit compared to past production.

Can some one please state any common issues with present production guns?

Quote Originally Posted by ksriverrat View Post
    I keep reading here & other places that Marlin's quality has slacked off a bit compared to past production.

Can some one please state any common issues with present production guns?
    I do not think that "slacked off" is the issue. The Marlin Lever Actions, that you can find, are as good as ever. The only real issue that a lot of people don't like, is the new "Hammer Lock Safety" that was added a couple of years ago.

As I understand it, Marlin stopped producing the Lever Action Guns almost a year ago and will not be producing them again until late this year, if not into early 2013. Also, from what I understand, when the new lever action guns are made they will be named 'Remlin" which is designed to signify the consolidation (combining) of Marlin Arms and Remington Arms, which took place late last year. There have been claims that some Remlins have been produced already and have been released to test the market, however, I have not seen one or even heard of one so far.
    "Of All The Things I Have Lost During My Life, I Miss My Mind The Most!!!"

Boolit Bub
    I missunderstood. I have to say I did wonder after handling & shooting many new ones with that safety & finding nothing that was obviously short of what one would expect from prior production models.

Your reply makes sense & cleared this up for me.

Boolit Grand Master
    I don't think Remiton is going to call the Remlins.
    There is a post on this site by Randy that clears up much of this rumor and innuendo.

Time will tell but I think Marlin will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    I don't think Remiton is going to call the Remlins.
    There is a post on this site by Randy that clears up much of this rumor and innuendo.

Time will tell but I think Marlin will be fine.
    Is it actually "Remiton"?

I am not being coy, as I really am not sure. I have seen it written, several times as "Remlin" but I can understand "Remiton" as well.

I tried a search to find the post that you mentioned but nothing came up. Maybe I am not using the proper wording in my search.
    "Of All The Things I Have Lost During My Life, I Miss My Mind The Most!!!"

In Remembrance
    Marlins will still be marlins and remingtons will still be called remingtons.

Remlin is just a slang name some call the marlins after marlin sold out.

Boolit Grand Master
    Remiton is a typo.

The thread I mentioned is in this sub forum- "New Remlin"

Remlin is just a slang word people are using when discussing Marlins made under the Remington name.

Boolit Buddy
    Check out Marlin Owners web site. They have a section called Rant Forum or something similar that will give you an idea of some of the problems and complaints.

Greg B.

Greg: the rpoblem with the Marlin Owners forum is that most of the problems they talk about are BS! None of it is current, and all of the Yap is from disgruntled former employees, and their buddies. Aslo the Rant section is just that,,, a bunch of rant!

See thread "New Remlin" here. I only deal in first hand knowledge and facts gained from first hand exposure to these new guns. I am not interested in someones negative speculation on what is going to happen. I only relate what I have personally seen and what has been told to me by reliable credible sources which I also name.

There is no way Remington would have bought Marlin to run it into the ground. It makes no business sense. The fact that new rifles are coming of the line now and are as good if not better than previous product proves that the company will survive despite all of the BS spread by the NAY sayers!

One thing I have found about naysayers in my 62 years of trapesing around this world. 99% of the time they are FOS!

Randy

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Grand Master
    Greg, the people on Marlin Owners seem a bit crazy over this issue. The very fact they have a "rant forum" tells me all I need to know.
    Taking this personally is silly. It was a business decision.

I am fully with Randy on this. I beleive his first hand account over those of "my brothers, friend, had a friend, who has an uncle, whose friend got a lousy Remlin".

Thanks Randy for an honest first hand account of what you saw and handled.

Boolit Grand Master

As I see it Remington had to make some tough business decisions to keep the Marlin brand alive. It's unfortunate for some folks but that's today's business world. I've seen and handled a few transition Remlins and haven't been overwhelmed by what I saw but I'm looking forward to things getting better. The ones I've seen aren't as bad as the ones I've heard about. Personally, I'm OK the the FOS naysayers, for now. I'm hoping to pick up a new one or two before folks figure out how good they are. Once folks figure out the naysayers are wrong the price will go up and availability will suffer as well.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.