WidenersSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Mossberg 464 SPX

Boolit Grand Master

Mossberg 464 SPX

I was looking through latest American Rifleman mag. when I saw Mossberg's new lever action rifle..... It's a Tactical 464 Spx. Looks sorta like a model 94 with a black finish, 6 position adjustable synthetic stock, black synthetic Tri- Rail forend, and a flash suppressor... I need you guys to take a look at it and tell me what you think.

I'm going to tell you that I like blue steel and nice looking walnut on my guns. Stainless is good too. But when my eyes fell on the 464 SPX I was dumbstruck by the ugly factor. Now my thoughts are this is going to be a real bad idea ( think Edsel by ford or NEW coke ) or this will be the best selling thing since sliced bread.

Guys , what are your thoughts on it ?

Boolit Grand Master

Designed in China by Ug Lee to sell for lotsa bucks to Mall Ninja's in the USA.

In Remembrance
    That is the gun ugly can be compared to.
    When someone started the thread on the savage 42 and it got all the ugly comments, my first thought was the mossberg and the savage was one beautiful work of art in comparison. lol

Boolit Buddy
    When I first saw a picture of that thing I thought it was either photoshopped or that some bubba had performed a cruel joke. I don't get it.

I rarely ever weigh in to criticize someone else's taste in guns, but that thing...well I really don't get it.

Boolit Master
    Pretty bad isn't it?
    Frank G.

Boolit Grand Master

Starmac, Oh man I hadn't seen that Savage model 42 so I went to a few sites and saw it and read comments.... What in the world is happening to gun designers ? I'm starting to think there is an inside joke among them to come up with bad designs and see how they can word spin it into a great selling product.

I'm not getting these weird looking designs at all .To me the 2 best looking semi-auto pistols are the Browning High power ( was it called the P35 ) and Browning"s 1911 45 acp, Those designs are GOOD looking.

At one site the savage rep. said they couldn't make a steel and wood combination ( like the model 24 ) for under $ 600.00. I aint believing that.

All that being said I would choose the model 42 over the 464 SPX ... I guess you are right it does look better. But I am not going to spend my hard earned money on either one sombody would have to give it to me. We dont look gift guns in the muzzel.

Boolit Master

It makes my eyes hurt.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Master
    it's sad, but someone will buy one of those!!