MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: Slug load recipes with gualandi wads & eurotrash hulls?

Boolit Master

Slug load recipes with gualandi wads & eurotrash hulls?

I guess the topic really explains it all.

Looking for some recipes using the Gualandi Super-G wads and euro trash hulls (I got some Fiocchis). Any type of slug would be interesting I guess, or any shot load using a similar weight as a slug too. I've seen the gualandi load site but I can't make heads or tails of those load tables for their slug loads.

No particular powder is required either.

Boolit Buddy
    hds, 3/16/12

When I started loading the Gualandi Dangerous Game Slugs, 1 and 1/8 ounces of lead slug with an attached plastic wad I got a bunch of load data from BPI for Fiocchi and other hulls. Is this what you are looking for? If so I can give you the loads for what I have for 2 and 3/4" and 3" hulls.

best wishes- oldandslow

Boolit Master
    Well I am trying to find some load data with the super G wads in particular because those are what I got easiest access to where I am.

I am a bit afraid of starting up and just winging up a load given how unpredictable and dangerous it is said to be to stray from documented loads and I am totally new to reloading shot shells...

I have been thinking about BPI's book about reloading slugs, is that where you got your data?

35 grains of Blue Dot --- that is an almost universal loading receipe that can be used for a very vast number of load combinations in the 12 bore --- lead bird shot --- buck shot --- and slugs

Almost any sensible combination of components ---

Anything payload weight from about 1 ounce weight up to about 1.5 ounce in 2.75 length hull --- anything from about 1 ounce weight up to about 1.75 ounces in 3 length hull --- anything from about 1.25 ounce weight up to about 2 ounces in 3.5 hull length

So --- if you can get Blue Dot powder --- should work for you