Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've got Bees Wax, and lots of it.

Banner Sponsor

Smile

I've been cutting it on the table saw. It works pretty good, but does make abit of a mess. If your going to do it, try it outside. Also wear goggles and don't stand behind the blade. It throws off little chunks occasionally. Especially when I turn the saw back on it throws out a marble sized piece.

I can fit 5 of the 1/4 slabs into a flat rate box and the post office took it without any problems even though it didn't close up as nice.

Glenn Larsen
    1300 Jensen st.
    Pocatello, Idaho 83201

2.5# envelope $5 + $3.85 = $8.85
    10# box $20 + $7.70 = $27.70
    12.5# box $25 + 7.70 = $32.70

I also take paypal at idahobronco@aol.com

Boolit Master
    i'm still in for a box...will get a mo out next week...
    thanks for the second chance
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Banner Sponsor

Hello everyone, I'm sorry for the change in price. I thought most here had stocked up when Bob was selling it. I didn't think there would be much interest if most everyone already had some.
    We have a comercial buyer setup for everyting that I didn't need. A couple of slabs wouldn't have amounted to much, but when it turned into several hundred pounds, the wife was complaining that we were loosing money not doing what we had originally planned on.(and she financed the deal out of her personal saveings)

Again, I'm sorry for the change, it was not my intent to offend or appear 2 faced.

If anyone wants any quantity of wax, let me know. I'll be happy to help.
    Glenn.

Beeswax

Glen,

I'll get a money order out for 10 lbs this week. Around my parts 2 bucks a lb is cheap. Thanks CJ

Boolit Bub

Beeswax

Glenn,

I'm still in for a 12.5# box - cashiers check will depart here tomorrow AM.

Thanks.

Banner Sponsor

I've been sending a pile of it out.
    If you've ordered some and I haven't replied saying that it has been shipped, please send me a reminder to idahobronco@aol.com

Thanks
    Glenn.

Boolit Buddy
    Here in New Jersey beeswax is $10 per # from the beekeeper. Craft stores are even more expensive. $2 per pund is a great deal, I will order some as soon as I get the money. Some people bought some Tin from me, and haven't paid yet. Greg

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.

Hold the Phone!!!!

Guys, this board is built upon a hell of a lot of honor, that has served us well. If you owe Gregg, or anyone else, square up. We can't afford to have it any other way. I know some forget things, ( Me included) but consider many times, the goods sent, is money out of a board members pocket. For some, a few bucks may be no big deal, for others, twenty bucks one way or the other, can mean someone making thier monthly bills. Great payback, for someone who is trying to do a favor for the board members. If you can't afford something, don't order it. What goes around, comes around.
    Gregg, after a reasonable time, say another thirty days, if you aren't payed, please post the names of the deadbeats. We need to know who we are dealing with here. The circle of shooters in this country is surprisingly small. And have memories like a female elephant.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg5278
    Here in New Jersey beeswax is $10 per # from the beekeeper. Craft stores are even more expensive. $2 per pund is a great deal, I will order some as soon as I get the money. Some people bought some Tin from me, and haven't paid yet. Greg

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    If I am not mistaken, I think Sundog and I paid 2 bucks, maybe 2.25 per pound delivered from a warehouse in IL. I think it was 130 pounds that was delivered for the big lube melt down.

Greg, besides the real names and the handle names of the folks, please advise the board on how much money is owed to you. I will personally cover that expense.

FELIX M ROBBINS
    felix

Banner Sponsor

The only problem I have had in all my dealings with the fine folks here is when someone died. That one just couldn't be helped.
    I did the Lyman 1/2 off close out deal and sent out about 30 molds before a penny arrived. Everyone came though in flying colors.

I agree, if someone is takeing advantage of the honor system here, we need to know who so as not to deal with them.

We could put a sticky post up " members not in good standing" Sort of like the bad check list at the quicky mart

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Greg5278
    Several years ago, when looking for some beeswax, I contacted a beekeeper in NJ. Turned out to be a sweet old lady that sold me some for $6/lb. When it arrived, it was clean as a whistle and in some of the most interesting shapes. She was very interested in what I was going to use it for, not judgemental at all. There are good people everywhere despite what some Tennesseeans say.

I think a good policy would be to ship when payment received. When I buy on ebay, I use USPS money orders. If I get stiffed, I'll sic the post office on them.

John

Banner Sponsor

Hi all, I can't ship in 12.5# anymore.
    I got a bunch of boxs back today. With the 5 1/4 slabs in it, the box doesn't close all the way and I guess they got tired of it.
    Anyway, on the ones that came back, I'll open them and take out 1 of the 1/4 slabs, sending 10#, I'll refund $5 with the shipment.
    **Nevermind, I can fit the 12.5# in the long flat boxes with a little trimming and stuffing.**
    Last edited by lar45; 07-14-2005 at 08:01 PM.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Lar, ya still selling BeezWax? I could use a box.
    P.s. I was thinkin, if it don't fit real well, wouldn't it fit better if softened up to near melted?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12