MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad DataWideners
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2

Thread: OO buckshot and Win AA hulls

Boolit Mold

OO buckshot and Win AA hulls

Hello everyone,

With these hulls I would like to see what people are running for reload data. As much as I would like to give you a list of what I have for components and see what you would suggest. My main goal is to see what would be a standard for these hulls. It would be great if we could compile a list of data from something your younger daughter would shoot to a Kick @#$ load for deer hunting. Any load would work with a Pump shotgun, but we would need considerations for the Autos. We would only have a few limitations, these would be

Win AA hulls 2 3/4"
    OO buckshot either 1 oz or 1 1/8 (8 or 9 ball).

So powder, primers, wads, filler, would all be the subject of performance.

I know there have been speratic links on this subject, but lets bring them all together, with new data also.

If there is a better hull please start another link and build that up, that is part of my goal to build in information base that is easly accesible. But all being said I Just want to focus on this hull here.

Banned
    Greetings Tabberski, here is what you asked for :

at the bottom and a lot more here:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=139560

Greetings, here is what I had posed for a blazing fast buck shot loads else where,
    the only way to increase velocity is to reduce the shot weight!
    1, Using Moly on wads will give slightly higher velocity.
    2, A good tight deep crimp will give better combustion!
    3, Using wads with longer skirts will flair enough to seal all the powder gases behind it and give higher velocity!

12 ga. Fed.GM hull, Win 209, 38.1 gr of Longshot gives 1585 fps with 1 1/8 oz. Fed 12S3 wad.

12 ga. 3" Fiocchi, Fio 616, 38 gr of Longshot gives1520 fps with 1 1/8 oz. Ranger-Plus, 9300 Psi.

12 ga. Win.AA, Win 209, 39.5 gr of SR4756 gives1595 fps with 8-OO buck, 10.800 Psi. Win
    WAA 12R wad ( with 6 balls of OO should be much higher velocity.)

By using wads with thicker petals you can delay the shot release and thus add yardage!
    Please note not all shotguns are made to with stand the newer hotter loads!
    This is not authoritative, and all usual disclaimers apply!
    Let the fun part begin now, but at your own risk!

Ajay
    Video Memories
    www.PreciousVideoMemories.com
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-12-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: To add more information!

Boolit Master
    This is my 12 ball 00 Buck load--
    Prime then charge a 2-3/4" AA hull. I use 28.5g Longshot. Insert the GS2 gas seal and press it down on the powder.
    Now, roll the ballistic products teflon sleeve and insert it in the hull, it will naturally unroll and line the wall of the hull as you insert the rest of the components. Just make sure it is in there square.
    Put in a felt wad (1/8"), cork or other material will work too since it is mainy for taking up space and I felt the need to put something there to make sure the heavy duty web of the GS2 didn't get buckshot wedged in there.
    Now put in 3 each 00BUCK using a wooden dowel to pack them into a nice even layer. Do the same with 3 more layers. I put a thin cork (.060 thick) on top of this. Now crimp. Load. Fire.

If I remember, when I get home, I will put up my 9 ball 00 Buck load for you. It is similar with more powder.

Boolit Master

I was pouring some 00 tonight and remembered I needed to post this load

2-3/4" AA Hull, 9 ball 00 Buck Load--
    Prime then charge a 2-3/4" AA hull. I use 37.0g Longshot. Insert the GS2 gas seal and press it down on the powder.
    Now, roll the ballistic products teflon sleeve and insert it in the hull, it will naturally unroll and line the wall of the hull as you insert the rest of the components. Just make sure it is in there square.
    Put in a 1/4" cork wad + felt wad (1/8"), cork or other material will work too since it is mainy for taking up space and I felt the need to put something there to make sure the heavy duty web of the GS2 didn't get buckshot wedged in there.
    Now put in 3 each 00BUCK using a wooden dowel to pack them into a nice even layer. Do the same with 2 more layers. I put a thin cork (.060 thick) on top of this. Now crimp. Load. Fire.