Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: GC with Lee sizer??

GC with Lee sizer??

I just got back from a shooting session with a bunch of LBT WFN 310 gn Boolits that a friend gave me to try out, these are the GC style. All I can say is I WANT THIS MOULD! these shot great, I loaded them over 20.5g of H-110 and shot them out of a SBH 10.5" barrel off a rest I was able to Avg. around 1.5" @ 25yds.
    Here is the question can I install GC's with a Lee push thru sizer and pan lube set up? I am guessing that I would size and install GC then pan lube? Any better ideas other than buy a Star....Thanks guys

"That guns do more than protect us from criminals; more importantly, they protect us from the ongoing threat of government."
    Lyn Nofziger

Boolit Master
    I just snap on the gas checks, pan lube then run them through a push through sizer. Works fine for me.

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

+1 on the works fine. I give em one coat of LLA, run em wet through the die, then I give em another coat and let em dry. It's been working fine for years and for several calibers which need gaschecks.

Boolit Master
    I can say it works on .310 and .323 and .430 boolits.

prs

Banned

I push boolits through upside down. The Lee can have a tendency to push checks back.

good news then, i was not sure as I have not dealt with the gas checks before. The guy that gave them to me got them from a friend where he works and didn't want to run them through his s&w. I know I read on here that a member sell the GC's someone point me to him?

"That guns do more than protect us from criminals; more importantly, they protect us from the ongoing threat of government."
    Lyn Nofziger

Boolit Master
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Buddy
    I install checks on a 358156 with a lee sizer, usually lube with LLA.

Boolit Master
    Bout three weeks ago I pan lubed and tumble lubed 50 each of the Lyman Devastator and the Lee 310gr RF. After the initial lube I installed the GC and ran them all through my .430 sizer, loaded half each and headed to the country.

After shooting some at 25, I moved out to 100 and found on issues what so ever with the GC not staying put on the rounds I recovered.

This said I have also been shooting the Lee .452 300gr RF through my 454 which is also GC'ed, and I tumble lube first with 45/45/10 then size and seat the GC, then add another coat of the tumble lube. No issues so far with those either.
    Later,
    Mike / TX

Boolit Buddy
    I have installed many a gas check with a push through die for my 45-70 Nary a problem

Before getting a sizer/lubricator, I installed gas checks using bullet sizing dies for the old Lyman 310 tool with an adapter in my regular press. Then did the pan lube.

The Lee push through bullet sizing dies are a different way of doing the same thing.

With flat nose bullets, you can run them gas check first into the Lee sizer.

Boolit Grand Master

I've not had any problems sizing installing GCs first then pan lubing. I'll use any case lube handy and run the bullet/GC through my Lee die, the pan lube or tumble as usual (my gas checked bullets are Lyman 420244 and Ranch Dog's 265 for my .44 Magnums). I then run the sized/lubed bullet through the Lee die again just to clean it up and remove excess lube. It's a bit more work but I don't mind (mebbe why my fav. bullet is my Lyman 4294211 .44 cal. plain base bullet).
    My Anchor is holding fast!

I have been using the Lyman 450 and Carnuba Red and liking it for my 45ACP When I started casting the 30 cal for my 30-06, I changed to Lee sizer and Lee Liquid Alox. I started with 10, with GC's and shot them first to make sure everything worked. I liked it a lot So now let the production begin. Tumble lube, let dry, snap on the GC, then run through the Lee sizer then tumble lube again, load and shoot. Good Times.