Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Titan Reloading

Thread: Nef/h&r single shot .22's.

Boolit Master

Nef/h&r single shot .22's.

Anybody have one of these?
    I've been looking for one for a while.
    I passed one up a while ago because I thought it was marked so high($179) and have been regretting it since. Lol

How do they shoot? Any issues? Info on them is scant.

My local gunshop has the Rossi break action 22/410 combo from time to time. I like the little youth version. A bit pricey I thought for a combo I don't want. I want a 22/357 maximum or magnum or 44 magnum. But hey, a 410 can use brass cases made from 303 Brit cases and I bet a smooth bore slug can shoot quite well. They had one in 222 once (no combo). Wish I'd taken it. To me a break action 22 is the bees knees.
    Last edited by 303Guy; 03-10-2012 at 11:47 PM.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Master
    Hmmm, I didn't think about the brass .410 3 rb loads.

Boolit Master
    I bought one from a guy on another forum several years ago in .22 Mag. It's still sitting in my safe, waiting for me to get a roundtuit. I bought it mostly out of curiosity because I'd never owned a .22 Mag before. Obviously, I wasn't all that curious!
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Man
    My wife has a youth model in 22/410. The 22 is on it 99% of the time. It has a spot carvered out by the back sliding door. It gets used for everything from starlings to nuisance squirrels. The garden digging chipmunks are the favorite. Agila super colibri, or CCI cb longs are the preferred back door load. It's topped with a 2x shotgun scope and works quite well, with a great trigger.

Moderator Emeritus

Nephew has one. It had a nylon rear sight that seemed pretty fragile to me.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Man
    The rear sight is plastic. That's why it wears the shot gun scope, plus the eyes are pushing mid to late 50's.

Boolit Master
    yea, i plan on scoping it as well when i find one.

Boolit Buddy
    I've got one: NEF Sportster SS1. It is an interesting little piece. I got it for teaching kids, and I've got roughly 1,200 rounds through it.

Trigger pull was reasonably crisp out of the box, though I've no idea of the weight as it goes past the limits of my scale. Off sand bags, accuracy is minute of pop-can at contact distances but falls off rapidly. It is my impression that the sights bear little relationship to POI, but it is hard to tell. I've tried every ammo I can find in it, from cheap promo packs to Eley Tenex, and it seems to hate them all equally.

On the bright side. . . I paid $50 for a Marlin .22 bolt repeater, plugged the magazine tube so it doesn't "repeat," and have a perfectly satisfactory instructional tool that does well with whatever I feed it.