WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Limitations of the Lee Classic Loader

Boolit Master
    For wot its worth (?) GONRA uses the 3 of the SMALLEST Lee "lag screws to the bench" presses as basis for modifying for other stuff:
    Priming with .50 BMG Boxer, 8mm Berdan, 9mm Berdan PRIMERS (not calibers) , also explosive bullet manufacture...
    (Make yer own tooling / modify commercial dies / etc. for this stuff.....)

LARGEST Lee "lag screws to the bench" press is great for processing "range brass" etc.
    Its plenty large enuf to properly (headspace / chambering in semiautos / etc.) process yer brass.

Why ANYBODY purchases the "hand presses" is beyond me. Guess we're "all different"....

Gonra; the reason why people buy hand presses is because they want to load ammo away from their bench or they don't have space for a bench in the first place. If you live in an Apt. or Trailer you probably don't have space for a dedicated loading bench.. I just sold one today to a guy who is on vacation form Utah living in his Motor Home at the beach near here.

This was a face to face sale and as soon as he saw the tool he bought it instantly. He was a retired Marine Corps Major who ran the Scout Sniper School at Camp Pendelton. He immediately saw the value of such a tool. I didn't have to do any sales pitch, it sold itself as soon as he touched it.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GONRA View Post
    Why ANYBODY purchases the "hand presses" is beyond me. Guess we're "all different"....
    Because I’m away from home five days a week. Randy’s press allows me to load in hotel rooms. Keeps me productive instead of watching television. You are correct in that we’re all different. Otherwise there would be one press design that we all use. We would all have the same bench setup and use all the same tools.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345