Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: duplex patching

Longwood
    [QUOTE=bigted;1753710

by the splatter of iron from the holes they were still packing some little bit of power in them after going thru 3/8ths inch first then across 5 feet of open space inside and then busting thru the other side of the 3/8ths iron with authority.

i/QUOTE]

Wow,,,
    3/8 inch and "iron", no less.
    How do the people that make those tanks, ever manage to roll that thickness of "Iron"?

The septic company must have some monstrous machines and cranes to handle the weight of those extremely heavy tanks.

Around here, metal septic tanks are made from much lighter, easier to manage, and thinner, ten gauge mild steel.

this was a fuel barrel of 1000 gal content designed for burial uses is why it was/is so heavy. it is also an older tank from back when they made things to last.

as for the roller machine that rolls this heavy plate...there is two such rollers here that handle these heavy plates for rolling into fairly tight cylenders...remember the pipeline???this is where 90% of the materials were final made for the entire line so yes there is some larger machines here where they probably wouldnt have ever been otherwise...also the metal is steel not iron...a miss-statement i would recon...srry

Longwood
    Quote Originally Posted by bigted View Post
    this was a fuel barrel of 1000 gal content designed for burial uses is why it was/is so heavy. it is also an older tank from back when they made things to last.

as for the roller machine that rolls this heavy plate...there is two such rollers here that handle these heavy plates for rolling into fairly tight cylenders...remember the pipeline???this is where 90% of the materials were final made for the entire line so yes there is some larger machines here where they probably wouldnt have ever been otherwise...also the metal is steel not iron...a miss-statement i would recon...srry
    Thank,,,, I had no clue what it could be.
    Pretty awesome bullet

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345