Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWideners
Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: Magtech 410 brass load life?

Magtech 410 brass load life?

For those of you whom load the magtech brass 410 bore cases, how many loads do you get from them before they wear out?

Boolit Master

Magtech is made only for BLACKPOWDER and with it expect a large number of loads IF you keep the brass clean after shooting.

http://reviews.cabelas.com/8815/2157...tm?sort=rating
    Last edited by skeettx; 03-05-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Boolit Mold

magtech brass 410

magtech brass 410 cases are made for smokeless as well as black powder. I don't use black powder and never intend to.I don't see how you would ever wear them out. The only thing I have noticed is the inside of the case is a little larger than a plastic 410 hull.I cut card wads out of 12 pack boxes with a 7/16" punch, I put one over the powder and then use a shot cup, use another card over the shot/ball and a drop of elmers glue spread around with a tooth pick. I use a depriming punch from an old lee 45-70 hand tool to knock the primers out, I use a lee hand primer #16 shell holder to prime the cases.Before magtech made brass shotgun shells I used 444 cases, some extractors won't grab them and empties have to be pushed out with a rod.444 cases and magtech 410 shells both will fit and fire in a taurus judge and the cases swell accordingly and will not fit in another 410 unless you have some means of resizing the cases, I keep the casings for the taurus seperate.you can put 4 .350" balls in these cases, recoil is pretty stiff in a judge. I have not shot 3 or 4 rounds out of the judge and then looked to see if the 5th round had dislodged the over-shot card from recoil which a person should be aware of.I shoot these loads all the time in a double barrel shotgun and have had no trouble. I use accurate # 9 powder and large pistol primers

Boolit Mold

magtech brass 410

magtech brass 410 cases are made for smokeless as well as black powder. I don't use black powder and never intend to.I don't see how you would ever wear them out. The only thing I have noticed is the inside of the case is a little larger than a plastic 410 hull.I cut card wads out of 12 pack boxes with a 7/16" punch, I put one over the powder and then use a shot cup, use another card over the shot/ball and a drop of elmers glue spread around with a tooth pick. I use a depriming punch from an old lee 45-70 hand tool to knock the primers out, I use a lee hand primer #16 shell holder to prime the cases.Before magtech made brass shotgun shells I used 444 cases, some extractors won't grab them and empties have to be pushed out with a rod.444 cases and magtech 410 shells both will fit and fire in a taurus judge and the cases swell accordingly and will not fit in another 410 unless you have some means of resizing the cases, I keep the casings for the taurus seperate.you can put 4 .350" balls in these cases, recoil is pretty stiff in a judge. I have not shot 3 or 4 rounds out of the judge and then looked to see if the 5th round had dislodged the over-shot card from recoil which a person should be aware of.I shoot these loads all the time in a double barrel shotgun and have had no trouble. I use accurate # 9 powder and large pistol primers

Smokeless powder was what i had intentions to use in these cases, but i still have not purchased any yet as they seem expensive at around a dollar a case. I figured if i could get enough loadings from them that i would try a couple boxes though. I suppose a mec resize ring could be used to size them when needed? one thing stalling me on trying them is the low cost of new plastic hulls.

Boolit Mold
    I have not had to resize a case yet if I stay with the .410 guns,not sure if I'd try a mec sizer ring. might be hell to get out

Boolit Bub
    Over here in England the 410 magtec cases are less than $10 for 25 which is amazing for England .
    But European 410 chambers seem to be a little bit tighter than American Sized chamber But the way to occasionally re-size the cases over here is to use an old 45 Acp/Colt carbide die and machine the de-capping insert threaded area out of it and that gives you the right size to chamber in a European sized 410 chamber using nitro powder.

Boolit Bub
    http://www.endtimesreport.com/410reloading.html
    decent article on the 410.
    I use 303 brit brass and make my own hulls