WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: Notice! Warning! Nevada Shoot Schedule

On Heaven's Range

Notice! Warning! Nevada Shoot Schedule

As much as it grieves me to do this, after swearing vehemently that the dates would NOT change, my hand has been forced by outside events beyond my control.

Several years ago, Winnemucca was "discovered" as a great place to hold a "family convention", and the discoverers of this place have returned each year with a couple of thousand people. Naturally, this absolutely fills-up all the accomodations in our small town.

NEVER has this convention been held around the time of the Cast Bullet Shoot, but this year they selected OUR week-end. So...our original dates will find a couple thousand Jehovah's Witnesses encamped here, and NO "room at the inn" for our pilgrims.

Therefore, the NCBS 2007 will be held the FOLLOWING weekend, namely May 25-26-27. Unfortunately, this is Memorial Day weekend, but the one before our original dates is Mothers' Day. Discussions in previous years have indicated that fewer problems might arise by avoiding Mothers' Day.

Hopefully, this is sufficient notice to allow changing plans without TOO much difficulty. Buckshot and myself both have to alter vacation time and arrange for employees to cover our time away from the job, and we likely aren't the only ones.

I'm very sorry about this, but until a day or so back I was unaware of the conflict with the convention. Hope y'all can find it within yourselves to forgive me.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    BruceB: THANKS for taking on the extra task thrown at you by the No.Nevada Tourism Promoters,!! Your task grows more complex by the year,(and is probably going to be an even greater challenge going forward). We will pack up everything necessary for the annual E.Idaho.W.Wyoming,& SW.Montana OLD farts fishing Excursiuon .so that on arriving home from the NCBS '07.all that's required is shower,change vehicles,and grap a sack lunch for departing...SWMBO is in training to handle firearms maintainence on a short term basis !! See you there...Mr/Mrs Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Bruce,
    Thanks for the alert! I have gone right to work, I made 3 calls, the Gold Country Inn had rooms available, but Patricia seemed to be scrambling to work us in. The Sante Fe Motel had rooms available, the Red Lion is already full for that weekend. Shirley at the Santa Fe Motel remembers several NCBS members staying there in the past and seemed very nice. Their Pnone is: 775-623-1119.

We choose the Gold Country Inn, Phone No. 775-623-6999, mainly for Mom as she will really enjoy their Outdoor heated pool, also the Red Lion resturant is accross the parking lot. Of course with that is a little higher price.

I know there are lots of Motels in Winnemucca. I am encouraging everyone to make plans early as I do have the feeling they will all be booked well before the Labor Day Weekend is here.

See You all on the 24th
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Bruce, curmudgeon, Jaremy, and possibly Duke, booked at the Santa Fe for the new date. No last minute convention is going to leave us homeless!
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Vendor Sponsor
    First casualty.

I have a new job and being the new guy I have been chosen to carry the pager for emergency calls Memorial weekend. No Leavy towny. I can't imagine missing NCBS.... just have to let it sink in a bit. Oh well that takes the pressure off for having the reloading/casting area set up in time. Oh yeah I also have to carry it the weekend of the Big Reno Show but I think I can trade for a day. Not so with a holiday weekend.

ammohead

well now ammohead that sounds like a good excuse to me ... sorryyou wont be there .Dean
    lover of 74 sharps
    MYWEIGH scale merchant
    " i'll tell the story 10 different ways before I'll lie to you."

Super Moderator

.................Bruce so what's your new job? Sure am sorry you won't be there. I'll have to find someone else who can't shoot to beat in the LR match

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Doesn't the Run-A-Mucca in Winnemucca happen that week-end?

Boolit Buddy
    Urny and LINDA booked in to the Santa Fe. If Runnamucca is that weekend, we might get two events in at once, though that would be loading the cart pretty heavily. Will regret not getting to see Ammohead, maybe we'll see him at BRGS.
    Urny
    Elko County, the old heart of Nevada

Banned

Darn- I think that's gonna count me out this year again..

We can always rough it and camp out..

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range

Checking up.

BruceB. Could you find/read my PM ,afternoon of 3/22 ???? Bill W.Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Mold
    I just called to change our reservations and all rooms are taken, probably for Runamucca. How about mid June as the weather will be with us and giving us a chance to be between Memorial Day and the Fourth of July not being so busy with events.

TimB
    Tim Buchman

Boolit Grand Master
    This is looking more like a camping trip every time I visit here. SHEESH!
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master
    Oh, well. I've got a pretty decadent and comfortable camping set-up, based on years of fishing and hunting all over the West. NCBS '07 OR BUST!
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

May is comming quickly

Even with the change of date I still am looking forward to this event.
    Will probably show up a day or two early and hang out at the range and do some hunting and maybe set up a bank of sillywets to get the preverbial "Edge" on all you guys, yeah haha
    I did accomplish one thing and that was to at least get the ol 03A3 at least hitting the paper, still am perplexed at not being able to get some of them old sillywet pistols I got to shoot them cast boolits, but I find working at it is half the fun anyways. See you there...Walt