Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Nevada Cast bullet Shoot

Boolit Master

Less than 2 weeks...

I trust everyone is all ready to go right?
    Yeah...right.

I finally got all the prep work done.
    Cases are prepped, casting is all done. Just finished all the sizing and lubing that needed to be done.
    Now I just have to do the actual loading.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Lololollol !

I'm where you are only w/house issues getting in the way....
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Grand Master
    Well.......sort of/pretty much/kinda.

Gonna select which Implements Of Destruction get the final call to make the trip, and then do a final sight-in/tweak-up this week, followed by back-filling the emptied brass. Tough job, I know.......but someone has to do it. Gonna travel light on firearms, since less than half of the toys I bring get fired most years. I am trainable, even if it takes a decade or so for the lessons to sink in.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master
    BLIM-BLAMMIN' EXPLETIVES-DELETED WIND!! I had my mouth all set to do a range day today, but the BFE's C of C's "therapeutic breezes" would have caused cast 30-06 boolits to corner like Porsche 911s today. Still at it at midnight, too--25-40 MPH.

Final cut made on guns going to NV, though.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Banned

that's the storm front moving through, we are just getting the front edge of it now.
    as long as there isn't another one behind it the weather should be good for the week-end of the shoot.

Hey guys we just booked a camp spot... we will be there... cant wait to meet you all. it will be lamar dawn and I coming

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by runfiveswife View Post
    Hey guys we just booked a camp spot... we will be there... cant wait to meet you all. it will be lamar dawn and I coming
    Awesome!!!!!
    That is outstanding news!
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Banned

still trying to figure out what to bring.
    so far i make out a scoped rifle,an open sighted rifle,a lever gun,and a revolver of some sort.
    and i think little girl is bringing a black 223 cal brass flinger. [and somehow thinks i am gonna load something for it]

Boolit Master
    Have you seen the weather in Winnemucca today? 40+ mph winds, temps dropped 35 degrees, and snow tonight almost to the valley floor plus a frost warning. I love Nevada but a plan B is always at the ready. Holly and I still plan to be camped up in the quakies in the Santa Rosas for a few days prior to coming into town but Plan B is down the mountain.. Can't wait. We leave Monday.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    It was 99 in Hawthorne on Sunday 46 on the front porch this morning . Its been crazy it was snowing Memorial weekend Saturday.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Love Life
    Weather is being weird. I am still planning on being there.

Boolit Buddy
    Is the lever gun event iron sights only? I'm bringing my BLR and need to know if I should pull the scope and get sighted with the irons.

Boolit Grand Master
    I can't recall a "levergun-specific" event in the past, though there have been milsurp/as-issued venues previously. The usual "divisions" involve iron sights vs. scope sights, group size vs. score with each at varying distances, a long range/iron sight gig, and handgun and rifle versions.

I would be reluctant to remove a scope from a rifle just to make it "legal". Most of the arms on the line aren't target-grade tooling, just sporter-level fusils and handgonnes for the most part. A BLR would likely be competitive as-is, scope or irons on board. If some F-class or 20# benchrest rigs with Pluto-viewing optics started showing up, my guess would be that the Rules Committee would level the playing field in some novel fashion. Offhand from a skateboard comes to mind in this context.

Boolit Master
    As I recall at the last awards banquet, NVcurmudgeon immortally described it as the "lever action, iron sights, stand-on-your-own-hind-legs-and-shoot-like-a-man" 200 yard silhouette shoot. I think this might be NVcurmudgeon's personal favorite but I am sure he will chime in shortly and disabuse me of this. I think will be trying my hand at it this time and hopefully not embarrass myself.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by quilbilly View Post
    As I recall at the last awards banquet, NVcurmudgeon immortally described it as the "lever action, iron sights, stand-on-your-own-hind-legs-and-shoot-like-a-man" 200 yard silhouette shoot. I think this might be NVcurmudgeon's personal favorite but I am sure he will chime in shortly and disabuse me of this. I think will be trying my hand at it this time and hopefully not embarrass myself.
    At 200 yds "stand-on-your-own-hind-legs-and-shoot-like-a-man", I hope the target is a life size steel buffalo or I will embarrass myself.

Boolit Grand Master
    My memory must be failing me--sorry about that.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    My memory must be failing me--sorry about that.
    I thank you for your reply. No harm done. I think the advise you gave is sound and the scope stays on. I can't hit anything at 200yds offhand anyway.

Jeff

Super Moderator

...............Pretty much if you have cast loaded up for it, bring it The 2 team events are team pistol and team rifle. Team pistol involves each team shooting a board in half in the quickest time possible. Team rifle is each team shooting at clay pidgeons, and once again, it's an event which stresses speed AND accuracy. There are 'Bench' matches for both rifle and pistol. It's kinda like a huge family BS session, with some dedicated events thrown in for bragging rights.

I'm kinda thinking of bringing my Rigby long range match muzzle loader for the long range match shooting against a steel gong at 400+ yards. It's done either standing, kneeling or sitting with iron sights of any type. And yes it's sedate enough to shoot a muzzle loader Take all day to get your 5 rounds off if you wish. Like any other event, you may shoot it as many times as you like, so long as you use a different firearm for each "Declared Attempt for Score".

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Buddy
    Loading-loading-loading

If I shoot all this up it's going to be a h*ll of a weekend.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 280Ackley View Post
    Loading-loading-loading
    Same here.
    Looks like you will have the longest travel distance award hands down.
    I've had it the past two years, but you should have me beat by at least 300 miles.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast