Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Repackbox
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Nevada Cast bullet Shoot

Boolit Master
    Doesn't look too good for me this year either. Supose to start a new job the first week of June.
    Some where between here and there.....

Boolit Mold
    Do they have a muzzle loader shoot? I'm in Reno, and tempted, but the only thing I cast is roundball.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I believe if it goes bang, you are good to go. And other firearms would most likely be forced upon you to shoot.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I believe the rules are very clear on this point ,you have to shoot what you got outta the auto w/cast boolits that are cast in a mould preferably from lead.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek

What You Can Shoot

What you can shoot is pretty simple; any rifle, pistol, or revolver firing a CAST bullet. You can cast your own, bum from a friend, or buy commercial cast bullets. (This rule is not kind to .22 LR, or other rimfires shooting factory SWAGED bullets.) There are events for rifle and handgun, iron and scope sights.

In the two team events, rifle and pistol, we start with an empty firearm and pick it up at the starting signal and load, one at a time or fill it up, shooter's choice. Firearms with detachable magazines start with one empty magazine, no multiple pre-loaded magazines, or stripper clips. (You should have seen Urny shooting the team pistol event with a SA Ruger revolver.)

In most events, shooters are encouraged to shoot as much practice as they want. When shooting for record, the shooter must announce to other shooters that he is going for record in
    (such and such) event. If a shooter is unsatisfied with his record target, he can shoot it again with a DIFFERENT firearm, even a borrowed one. (I have one rifle that I call "Jezebel" because of the several times it has won the Scoped Rifle Group event in other hands than mine.) This last rule is in the interest of getting everything in with only two days range time.

The long range rifle event is for iron sight rifles only. Originally fired offhand only, but since the present Winnemucca range has been open and longer range available, it is fired from any position except prone or bench rest, at 417 yards, without sling. Most shooters opt for sitting.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Master

A little more clarification to what Bill posted above.
    Cast projectiles are only required for events in which you are competing for an award or the team events.
    Most of the shooting over the two days is just plinking, and for that condoms are fine.
    We just don't want anyone shooting for the 100 yard group award (as an example) with condom bullets. They must be cast.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    Be Wild Willy - I have toyed with bringing one of my muzzleloaders for the 400 yard shoot but haven't as of yet. I have named that little T/C White Mountain carbine "Sweet Thing" because it shoots better than I do at extreme ranges (250+) with sabot and cast 255 gr boolits. Brought home venison to prove it. Anyway, if yours shoots as well as Sweet Thing, you better bring it.

Moderator Emeritus

I had a 50 cal BP pistol there and it was a great loaner for a lot of shooters. I outshot it with w K frame 38 @ 25 yards but they are a lot of fun. It is bad form to shoot BP with someone downwind of you shooting for group or score.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

A couple of questions:
    1. Are we still going to be able to get chairs and tables from Brown's Hardware?
    2. Has anyone verified that nothing big is already planned/scheduled for the range that weekend?
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Mold
    What are the equipment rules?

Matt_G,

Tables and chairs have been arranged for. NVcurmudgeon, and a few silent Lieutenants are "Getting er done". Even though we want BruceB to be our Guest/Cheerleader/Onlooker/Shooter! I believed he visited Brown's Hardware and once again made the T &C arrangements.

Looking forward to seeing you there,
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Master

Thanks for the info Mac.
    I figured it had all been taken care of by someone but I just wanted to be sure.
    If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    To Shastaboat - As long as you are shooting cast lead boolits with or without gas checks, you are good to go. I recommend doing what i did for my first NCBS two years back, just bring a couple rifles and a couple handguns with at least a couple hundred rounds for each and prepare to smile and laugh a lot. Go with the flow. Good Times!!! it is a 700 mile trip one way for me and I wouldn't miss it.

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek

NCBS 2012 Attenders Please Check in Here

The best cast bullet event on earth is rapidly approaching, just a month to go! For convenience in making restaurant arrangements it would help to get a rough idea of how many are coming. Please include in your count all humanoid omnivores, not just the shooters. I'll start by saying that I'll be the Lone Ranger; Jaremy can't make it this year.
    Last edited by NVcurmudgeon; 05-13-2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: incomplete
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I have an a maximum of 7coming w/me 5 is a real number.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    Hey Bill!
    Cindy and I will be there, and we have a possible third. Unfortunately, he won't know if he can make it, until that weekend.
    We're really looking forward to seeing everyone, as usual!

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master

I'm planning on being there, solo as usual.
    Sorry to hear that Jaremy won't be there.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    I drove to Texas & return,unscathed..Therefore, I'm confident that I can carry her ( and a few nice "toys") to NCBS '12.seating for 2 everywhere but at the range,please. AND,as always,looking forward to the fellowship[... Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Bill,

"THE BEST CAST BULLET EVENT ON EARTH" ....Yes it is, we are truely looking forward to being there!! Lets see, (CookieCutter)Marlene and I, Son Darren, Grandson Chis and his girlfriend Chrystal will be there, so that's 5.

I know cousin Jack and his contingent plan on being there. I hope this prompts him/them to Post!
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Master
    I will be there solo.
    Loren

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast