Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Nevada Cast bullet Shoot

Moderator Emeritus

2012 Nevada Cast bullet Shoot

The thirteenth annual Nevada Cast Bullet Shoot will be held at the Winnemucca range the weekend of June 16-17, 2012. Early arrivals are encouraged to meet at The Griddle at 1 PM Friday June 15 for lunch and a get aquainted session for first time attendees, as well as meeting old friends who have been here before. There will be a dinner Friday evening at a restaurant to be designated later which will be combined with the all important "Rools Committy" meeting. Everyone who goes to the meeting is a de facto member of the committy, regardless of whether this is your first NCBS. Shooting will be on Saturday and Sunday at the range located a short distance out of town. For those who are first time visitors to Winnemucca, this town is an important crossroads, so there are plenry of motels and restaurants. There are many events held in Winnemucca so motel reservations are advised. This event features, in order of importance, socializing, admiring and shooting each others' guns, food, a couple of fun shooting events, and a little competitive shooting.

For the first time in many years, the BruceB family will not be our official hosts, with Bruce out front. For those who have not been following posts about Bruce's recent illness, this year the cardologist said for him to take it easy.

Watch this space for updates as the time approaches
    Reloading Data Project - (in retirement)
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

13th ANNUAL- WOW!...........JUST WANT TO SAY TO EVERYONE WHAT A GREAT TIME THIS WILL BE!

I believe NCBS 2012 will be our 9th time there. It has become like a BIG family reunion. I encourage everyone to join in all the FUN, FOOD & FESTIVITIES!

See you there! Mac & Marlene
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Grand Master
    Many thanks, Wiljen!

It's good to see this posting flown. Mid-June should be fairly warm, and through the many years of NCBS the weather has ranged from the sublime to the ridiculous.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I'll be there this year. I hope,barring mishaps.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

How many people go to this? Is there any opportunity to offer demos of molds and casting equipment?

Boolit Master
    I can't wait. Probably have to wear warm weather gear this time instead of snow parkas. Thanks so much for putting this on Wiljen. To Ballisticast - In the past couple years we have had 30-40 shooters plus their families and friends. Not much in the way of demos but centuries of experience to draw from. Bring lots (I mean lots) of ammunition and prepare to leave with a big smile. I think the best description for this event is a rendezvous. You probably know about the historical reenactments of the mountain man rendezvous of the 1830's. This is the real deal but no costume required, just lead boolits and whatever sends them downrange.
    Last edited by quilbilly; 03-06-2012 at 01:49 AM.

How far is Winnemucca range from Las Vegas? That weekend the wife and I will be in Vegas celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. Maybe if its not to far we could come by and say hi.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."

Las Vegas to Winnemucca is 554 miles....

Moderator Emeritus

Mapquest says 8 hours on US 95 N.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    554 miles seems a little far. The better route is to turn off 95 in Tonopah and head up the Big Smoky Valley to Austin then up to Battle Mountain. I like the scenery better that way too.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    From Vegas US93 to I80 west still 500 or so.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    One of the interesting things about taking the Big Smokey Valley route is that you are passing at least a dozen Class 1 trout streams (Class 1 means self sustaining trout populations), a fine hot spring, and some great camp sites with running water (a creek) along the way. None of these are signed or obvious. Made my room reservations yesterday at Scott's Shady Court in Winnemucca.
    Can't wait

We will just stay in Vegas thanks everyone for looking. Maybe next year will head that way on the motor cycle would be a nice ride.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."

2012 and another NCBS. Moving this to June should be nice as the weather the last few years has been absolutely crazy. Snow, rain sunshine, wind as always.
    Jane and I are looking forwards to the shindig and meeting new and old faces again.
    Of all the shooting sports shindigs I have ever attended over the years, NCBS is the funnest one of all. People there are great and there are untold numbers of guns of evey caliber shape and discription you can think of to mess with. All you got to do is look admireingly at a gun and then say thanks for letting me shoot that louden boomer tooth jarrer.
    I'll try to bring the farm of sillywets to knock down when we come and lots of ammo.
    Jane and I hope to see ya all again this year......Walt and Jane

NVWalt,

It is just GREAT to know you and the Lovely Jane will be there! We look to visiting and shooting with you.

Mac & Marlene
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Love Life
    I'm in there like swimwear and on my best behavior. Unless I get side tracked on the trout streams first...

Hopefully my buddy Can't Get Right will be joining me, but for the love of all things holy do not let him touch anything valuable. It will break.

Would love to attend, but that's 2,700 miles away....
    Where's the group buy for the east to west bus charter?
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master
    Doc,
    If you get that bus going - I've got a son in Taftville, CT., that would find a way to ride along!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    In case any of you were thinking (as I was) about coming early and booking a couple days at the Stonehouse Inn in Paradise Valley for some pre-NCBS ground-squirrel/varmint shooting, the Inn is already booked including Fathers Day. Last NCBS, I noticed after the shoot on Sunday that some ground-squirrel snipers had set up firing positions along the road above the gun range. The hillside across the canyon from the road was loaded with the critters at from 100-300 yards. They are unprotected in Nevada so no hunting license is required which is the same as coyotes and jackrabbits etc

Boolit Mold
    Okay Mac, I am planning to maybe attend the shoot. If it is okay with the group. I am also going to see if Roger will come up as well. I will be doing some serious practice with the 303 but started a new project gun and hopefully have it done in time. No, it is not a Krag.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast