Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Loading 300 BLK on Dillon

Boolit Buddy

Loading 300 BLK on Dillon

I appreciate everyone's replies to my question about Blackout load data.

My next question is: Does anyone load cast in the Blackout on a Dillon and what powder funnel are you using?

Dillon lists the AK funnel for 300 Whisper. I don't think that funnel will bell the case mouth. Shouldn't I bell the mouth some for cast?

I'm thinking the 30 luger (C) or 32 ACP (S) would work better.

Boolit Grand Master
    I plan on using my AK funnel, the using a Lyman "M" die to flare the casemouth. If you don't have an AK funnel already and are having to buy a funnel, the the 30 luger one should work well, I would think.

Boolit Master
    The 30 carbine powder through expander is the one you want for the Dillon 550. That's what I used when loading the 7.62x39. Got a very varying amount of belling in that cartridge when using stick powders- belled a lot when the powder granules sheared. Was very consistent with Reloader 7, a spherical powder. Good luck, and keep us informed with your progress.
    You have the right to force me to pay for the feeding, housing, clothing, education, and medical treatment of yourself and your children when I have THE RIGHT TO FORCE YOU TO PICK MY COTTON!

Section 1 13th Amendment to the Constitution:
    "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks. I'm just getting started in all this. Looks like I'll have plenty of time since DSA keeps putting off filling orders and Midway never has all the Blackout stuff in stock at one time (dies, Lee case length cutter parts) so I can save a bit on shipping.

I contacted Dillion when I started loading for my 300 BO and they told me to use the AK funnel. Works like a charm and just like loading a pistol round, smooth.
    Big Bullets at moderate speeds...Makes things move