RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: White Label Lubes

Boolit Master
    I'm all in on 2500+, great stuff rifle and pistol.

Boolit Mold
    Hi there - This is Leah Lars Wife and I want to Give a HUGE Thank You to Everyone Who has supported Glenn and I during the Move we recently went through..... It was very trying to our family. We are Glad That Glenn is doing much better in the new location, if that is weather , treatment , whatever I am greatful for that!
    We do need to figure the local hunting spots and dishing spots since we dont know them like we did back home but were getting there!
    The shop has come a long way and we have power there now we need to wire it in to the panel and we will be able to use it
    We / I really just wanted to say Thank You to everyone
    Leah
    LsStuff@aol.com

Boolit Mold
    Oh I am workingt on the web page - my first attempt at web page writing so please bear with me especially as the 'store ' startts so work;D any questions please e mail me

Leah

Happy for you Leah. May The Lord Bless you in your new home & shop........Lynn

Boolit Mold
    Our new address is 364 indian point road Ward AR 72176 you can still e mail us at LsStuff.com or LsStuff@aol.com
    we will be happy to help you now that things are starting to level out
    Thank you all and many blessings for the support

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    You mean the excessively long 2 1/2 day wait for my order of Red was in the middle of a move? For shame! Horrible service! How dare you!

(The web page worked great!)
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    You mean the excessively long 2 1/2 day wait for my order of Red was in the middle of a move? For shame! Horrible service! How dare you!
    *hahahahaha*

Agreed. I caught them in mid-move myself. It was two business days from order to receipt. If they start getting it here any faster, it is going to arrive before I order it!

Boolit Mold
    WHERE CAN I GET THOSE RUBBER PANS OR COOKIE SHEETS TO USE FOR LUBING. I WANT TO TRY A NEW LUBE MADE FROM TOILET RING SEALS AND JHONSON WAX.
    garypoling64@Gmail.com

Boolit Grand Master

Those "Rubber" pans are silicone baking pans. I bought mine at a discount from "Bed, Bath, and Beyond".

Cookie sheets are simply flat aluminum sheets with the ends folded up a bit. Women who bake (like my wife) put cookie dough on the sheets and put in the oven. You can often pick them up for a dollar or so at a thrift store. Or conversely, you can buy new from "Bed, Bath, and Beyond" or Walmart.

Here's a source (Google is your friend):

http://www.target.com/p/silicone-sol...k/-/A-10429003

The baking sheet is to stabilize the silicone pan when moving, etc. Silicone is so flexible that if you try to pick it up loaded with bullets and lube it will most likely dump the whole mess all over you, the counter and the carpet. Put the silicone pan on the cookie sheet and you can safely handle it.

BE CAREFUL!

FWIW
    Dale53

White Label Lube questions

Although I have read numerous posts about Carnuba Red and BAC, I have not read any opinions about using Carnuba Red on low pressure-low velocity rounds like .45 ACP and .38 wadcutters. So does the Carnuba red work fine on those, or would BAC be much better? I also load cast boolits in most other common handgun calibers also. (38/357/44 Mag/45 Colt/500 Linebaugh) So I need to use one lube for all my cast boolits. Melting the lube out of a sizer to change lubes is WAY too much trouble. Heating the lubrisizer is no problem. It is cool in my basement and I put a heat lamp on it anyway. I have been using Felix that a friend made and gave me, and it the best lube I have ever used, but I don't think he is making it anymore and for the price of White Label lubes, I don't see how I can beat it with home made lube, even though I am tempted to try to make Ben's Red. So Carnuba Red users, what are your thoughts on .45 ACP target loads and .38 wadcutters? Thanks.

Hardcast
    I use carnauba red exclusively now. I tried bac but the red works great for all I shoot, 380,9,38,40,45.
    Thats my take and I'm stickin to it, carnauba red that is...
    The best way to cheer oneself is to cheer another....Mark Twain.......
    "IF YOU CAN'T GO SHOOTIN GO FISHIN"...
    >)))))}•> .....>)))•>

Boolit Grand Master

My most shot rounds are .45 ACP and I also shoot .32's and .38's. I use nothing but Carnauba Red for those cartridges. I shoot a lesser amount of .44 Special and .45 Colt but they also get the Carnauba Red treatment. I am a fair pistol shot and DEMAND target accuracy. I get it with Carnauba Red.

If a person doesn't have a heater, then one of the other of Lars' White Label lubes will work for you. I have and use a heater for my Star and RCBS luber/sizers.

Carnauba Red in .38 wadcutters:

Carnauba Red in .45 ACP:

Target shot at 25 yards, standing with carnauba red lubed bullets (Mihec H&G #68):

Dale53
    Last edited by Dale53; 10-31-2012 at 06:28 PM.

I am surprised that a lube designed for high speed rifle boolits works so well for low pressure handgun boolits. However, I cannot argue with results. Thanks much for the replies.

Boolit Mold
    Hi guys, I'm new here and have learned a lot by reading but something I'm still not sure about is how to properly pan lube with Carnauba Red. I'm am going to try it in all of my loads but have a couple of questions.

What temp do I need to melt the C Red? I am thinking of using a cake pan on low temp on the stove top and letting the lube melt and flow into the grooves of the bullet. Will that work?

Do I need the silicone pan? I was thinking that once the lube cooled I could simply pull the bullets out of the pan with the lube in the grooves and then into the sizer, is that correct?

Wow Dale53! I also have a Mihec H&G #68 mold, as well as Carnauba Red.....but I could never shoot a group standing like that!!!! That is very impressive shooting

Boolit Buddy
    From the reviews you guys have listed, I ordered some carnauba red to try. Nice pictures Dale53.

Boolit Grand Master

hermans;
    You will find a silicone cake pan a VERY useful accessory. Carnauba Red sticks so tight it doesn't want to release from the pan. Keep in mind, that a silicone pan is SO flexible that it will not support itself. Be sure and place is on a cookie sheet or a piece of thin plywood to move it around. Otherwise the pan may collapse when you try to pick it up. Dumping hot wax all over you is NOT a good thing (the lube melts around 165 degrees - that will produce VERY bad burns if it comes into contact with your body). When the lube cake has solidified in the silicone pan (but still hot) then you can pop the lube cake out of the pan and push the lubed bullets out of the lube cake. Let the cake cool naturally until it is just under the temperature that will burn you. The bullets will release nicely with full lube grooves. Let it get too cold and you won't be able to easily remove the bullets. Time the first time and adjust for best results.

hermans & ShootR;
    Thanks for the kind words.

Dale53

I keep looking at bottom of page to order bull plate but can not find link for some reason

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jason f View Post
    I keep looking at bottom of page to order bull plate but can not find link for some reason
    That's because Lars' White Label lubes does not sell it.

It is sold by Bullshop (Bullshop's Sprueplate lube). Send a PM to Bullshop...

Dale53

Boolit Buddy
    Carnauba Red does stick to the metal pan. That means it also sticks well to the boolit.
    I use a homemade boolit cookie cutter which works ok. It will sometime clog.
    Will try the silicone pan and less cooling time as Dale53 suggested. It may be quicker.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast