MidSouth Shooters SupplyPBcastcoTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: White Label Lubes

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by dudly View Post
    Used White Label Lube this weekend. Barrel fouled and leaded. Miss my SPG. Was BPCR lube. Another friend borrowed 5 shots and had same results.
    I ordered some Liquiq Xlox from Lar's a few weeks ago. He sent me several free samples of his stick lubes without me even asking. I tried the samples and I was impressed.

Boolit Buddy
    After years of using Tamarack NRA Formula 50/50 ALOX Beeswax, I tried Carnauba Red in large rifle. Works great so I tried it in magnum pistol. Works great so I use it for everything ...

Including 9mm, Super, 45 ACP, 41 and 44 Rem Mag in pistol.

30-30, 308, 30-06, 9,3x62, 9,3x74R, .375 H&H, .458 AR, and .470 NE for rifle. The heavier rifles are often loaded for full power practice.

Things clean up fine ... three patches each run on both sides get's clean. Works for me!

Great lube at a reasonable price. (Almost out, gonna have to place another order for 20 sticks.)

Boolit Mold
    So I'm dudly do wrong for telling the truth? Used Paul Jones bullet, Swiss powder, Blow tube. never had these results with SPG. When you can't pan lube because the stuff is like glue, even after being told it was "great for pan lube". Sorry for being honest.

Banned

that would be called stating an opinion...
    based on an observation...................... nothing wrong with that.
    those that dn't use it may learn something, and so might the one who had the problem.

So I'm dudly do wrong for telling the truth? Used Paul Jones bullet, Swiss powder, Blow tube. never had these results with SPG. When you can't pan lube because the stuff is like glue, even after being told it was "great for pan lube". Sorry for being honest.

Dont be sorry for being Honest ,Nothing wrong with the truth at all , your results is not the norm concerning White Label Lube .
    The problem I have is your first post to this board was negative with no story just this

"Used White Label Lube this weekend. Barrel fouled and leaded. Miss my SPG. Was BPCR lube. Another friend borrowed 5 shots and had same results"

I also pan lube my plain base 45-70 bullets 480 and 610 Grain and they pop right out I also use it in my Saeco sizer for my gas check 720 grain bullets , same results .

There is a group of us here in Alaska that have all switched from SPG to Glenn's lube .Works great in cold and warmer weather , well the 60's anyway that is about all the warmth we get in this part of the world !!!!
    Rifles used are from 50-140 through the tiny 25-25 Steven with the same results as we were getting with SPG .

RR
    PRACTICE DOES NOT MAKE PERFECT !!! PERFECT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT !!!!!!
    HOME OF THE 500 MAGNUM TYRANNOSAURUS THUMPER'S.........

USS SARATOGA CV-60

Boolit Buddy
    Have you fellas ever noticed how when you read results from cast bullet shootin matches where equipment and loads are listed that matches are won with all different kinds of lubes? Seems like what one guy cusses, another wins (or shoots good) with. It would be hard to say, for instance, that SPG doesn't work when the number of matches and even national championships (BPCR) won while using it are considered. Same idea for FWFL, White Label,Voodoo, Javelina or the stuff guys make like Emmert's. The one each guy has success with is proudly proclaimed "the best".

No offense intended toward anyone or any product; just an observation!

Boolit Buddy
    I have been using Lar's BAC and Carnuba red , both have worked out great for me.

Boolit Buddy
    The wifey bought me the 5 quarts of Liquid Xlox for me when I started casting. Then I got a Lyman #45 luber/sizer and wanted to try to make my own lube with what I had. I called WLL and asked them for a recipe using what I had and beeswax. He said a 1 to 2 mixture would work and I could play with it after that to get the consistency I wanted. I settled on a 50/50 by volume. Melted beeswax and warm Xlox. I have used it in handguns from target loads to smoking hot ones with no problems. I also have carbine rifles that shoot 357mag and 44mag and have had them up to 1800fps with no problem w/o gaschecks.

Hope this helps!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by DonH View Post
    Have you fellas ever noticed how when you read results from cast bullet shootin matches where equipment and loads are listed that matches are won with all different kinds of lubes? Seems like what one guy cusses, another wins (or shoots good) with. It would be hard to say, for instance, that SPG doesn't work when the number of matches and even national championships (BPCR) won while using it are considered. Same idea for FWFL, White Label,Voodoo, Javelina or the stuff guys make like Emmert's. The one each guy has success with is proudly proclaimed "the best".

No offense intended toward anyone or any product; just an observation!
    I do agree .
    SPG works good but the reasons I changed To White Label Lubes along with the other guys here was the price plus it works as well as SPG and a bonus is he is a Forum member here .

I use to make my own Felix lube and it worked great just do not have the time to make it along with many other lubes .
    My reloading room at one time looked like a Science room all that was missing was Beakers and a lab coat .

RR
    PRACTICE DOES NOT MAKE PERFECT !!! PERFECT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT !!!!!!
    HOME OF THE 500 MAGNUM TYRANNOSAURUS THUMPER'S.........

USS SARATOGA CV-60

Boolit Master
    at the price that LAR sells lube for, plus his honest shipping prices I can't see the point of me making my own.

Boolit Buddy
    No way I'm going to all the trouble of mixing/making my own lube when White Label is as good and as cheap as it is. It's a no brainer for me. The quality is there, the prices are really fair and the shipping is fast. I can't improve on that. JMHO.
    Ask an American Indian what uncontrolled immigration did for his lands and his way of life. Then, think about your children's and grandchildren's future.

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

I found you by word of mouth in the chat room and after reading post here I have printed your order form and will be working a order looking forward to useing your products.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Buddy
    I have been using white label BAC Special Blend . in 9MM 38 and 45ACP for a couple years. I used Lyman and NRA 50/50 Before White label. And agree. You can not beat the price. Less tacky to the touch. Most times I don’t have to plug the heater in with it. For the price its pretty hard to beat.

Boolit Master

I've been using Lar's BPCR Supreme in my 45-70 and 45-90 cartridge target rifles with great sucess. I also use one of those little lube groove Saeco bullets for the short line in the 45-70 with excellent results and my 45-90 load makes required power factor and it works great there too. Zero complaints and plenty of praise.

That being said, while I do use Glen's lubes a lot, I also really enjoy making and experimenting with lubes myself as well.

Banner Sponsor

Used White Label Lube this weekend. Barrel fouled and leaded. Miss my SPG. Was BPCR lube. Another friend borrowed 5 shots and had same results.
    I was browsing and just noticed this, so I'm more than a little slow on the responce.
    I did have one batch of BPCR lube that got too hot and changed the consistency. A couple of orders did get shipped before I noticed it was more than just the color that had changed.
    If anyone still has any of this, please let me know. I'll be more than happy to send a full refund.

While developeing our BPCR Supreme, we sent lube to shooters in several areas of the country. We took their input, made variations and sent lube back several times before arriving at the current rendition and offering to the public. It holds up to 125F and near zero humidity on the fireing line in Arizona while still being pliable and effective at sub zero temps in Montana and Alaska winters.

With all that said, we won't have any BPCR lube for sale until we find a new source for materials.
    Last edited by lar45; 09-13-2009 at 03:01 PM.

I am currently using LARS Bac lube for my .44 special and .44magnum. It flows well through my lubriszer without heat. I have good accuracy with no leading. White label Lube Co. is a first class outfit to buy lube from.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is final!
    Will kill for food!

Hey no need to be sorry. If it works it works. If it don't it don't.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is final!
    Will kill for food!

Moderator Emeritus
    Glen any idea on when you'll be stocking BPCR Supreme, I'm in dire need mate.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Master
    Glen's lubes are great! I shoot big bores, like 404 Jeffery, 416 Rigby, 450 Dakota, and 505 Gibbs, as well as my wildcat 550 and 577 Gibbs. It works great for sub-2moa loads at factory velocity for practice.

Rich
    besides, us Idaho guys gotta stick together!

Banner Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by dromia View Post
    Glen any idea on when you'll be stocking BPCR Supreme, I'm in dire need mate.
    Sorry, I wish I had better news. As soon as it is back in production I'll post a big note on my website.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast