WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Load Data
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: White Label Lubes

Boolit Bub
    I've got a question for Glenn that I hope can end my confusion

A year or so ago, I purchased 2 quarts of "Liquid-XLOX" and it says "cast bullet lubricant" on it. I assumed this was similar to ALOX and have been using it as a tumble lube.

This week I was placing an order for stick lube and I see the XLOX advertised saying it is NOT a tumble lube and cannot be made into a tumble lube. What am I missing?
    Did something change in the formula or am I using it wrong? Thanks for the help.

http://www.lsstuff.com/store/index.p...gma9k5bbscmgd7

Seems to me White Label Lube is selling Xlox as a tumble lube in the store. Can you post a link to where you saw it listed as NOT a bullet lube?
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master

White Label Lubes

They sell Xlox 350 which is used to make traditional lubes likes NRA 50/50. i thought they thinned it out to make the liquid Xlox. They have directions under the product description of what to do to make it close to the old 2138F formula. The Liquid Xlox and Xlox 350 are two different products.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    They sell Xlox 350 which is used to make traditional lubes likes NRA 50/50. i thought they thinned it out to make the liquid Xlox. They have directions under the product description of what to do to make it close to the old 2138F formula. The Liquid Xlox and Xlox 350 are two different products.
    Now that you mention it I recall something about selling raw ingredient from their old web site that distinguished it from the "regular" Alox replacement.

My guess is they would want to warn people that you can't make bullet lube recipes such as BLL or 45/45/10 from the raw Xlox (350?) Lot of people have Alox based recipes but those would use the thinned down ready to use Xlox as replacement for Alox.

Unless I had a custom recipe that required Alox I would just buy the ready made 45/45/10, the price is good and the hassle avoided is also good. Melting paste wax and mixing lube is less fun than casting and reloading, or shooting.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    Unless I had a custom recipe that required Alox I would just buy the ready made 45/45/10, the price is good and the hassle avoided is also good. Melting paste wax and mixing lube is less fun than casting and reloading, or shooting.
    I agree on both accounts. I made one batch of 45/45/10. Was an interesting experience but I have no desire to do it again. Thankfully I found White Label early on. Buying their products has lead to results on target and more time to do other things. Making lube is akin to witchcraft IMO

Boolit Bub
    I guess I just got mixed up... it sure seemed like there wasn't a difference between the two when I looked a few days ago but now it seems pretty clear that it is 2 different products. Sorry for the confusing question.

Banner Sponsor

Yes you are exactly right, they are 2 different products. The Liquid Xlox is the same as Lee's Liquid Alox, the Alox 350 has the consistency of a light grease and is the current replacement for Alox 2138F. This one will never dry out and does not make a tumble lube.
    Alox 2138F was the "Alox" used to make the NRA formula 50-50 lube.

Boolit Master

I have used many different brands of lube and most of them worked, some better than others. I have been using Carnuba Red for the last few years and I think I have found the one lube for all my purposes, handgun and rifle. When I first started using it I didn't have a heater for my lubrisizer and with parts from ebay I made a heater with a thermostat. Works great.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0201.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	222609Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0199.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	222610Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0197.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	222611Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0198.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	222612

Quote Originally Posted by skeet1 View Post
    I have used many different brands of lube and most of them worked, some better than others. I have been using Carnuba Red for the last few years and I think I have found the one lube for all my purposes, handgun and rifle. When I first started using it I didn't have a heater for my lubrisizer and with parts from ebay I made a heater with a thermostat. Works great.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0201.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	222609Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0199.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	222610Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0197.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	222611Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0198.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	222612
    I used very similar heating device but 12V. I ordered 3 different ones with different power levels. They were $1.79 on ebay. When I connected the weakest one to aluminum plate it heated up to something like 130 degrees and I though it would be perfect so I took about 1/2 aluminum plate and milled out a spot for heater to sit right under the lubrisizer but I found that lubrisizer doesn't have a flat bottom so the heat transfer is not good and it barely gets warm. I am looking for easiest solution. Ideally I would mill / grind the bottom true flat but that would require big milling machine and tricky setup that I don't have or... maybe I can do it by hand on flat surface and sandpaper. Another option is to epoxy the thinner plate with heat conducting epoxy to the bottom of lubrisizer first. For thermostat I got this module also very cheap
    Last edited by ShooterAZ; 06-26-2018 at 07:54 PM. Reason: ebay links not permitted

Banner Sponsor

for my first heater, I bolted a Lyman 450 to a steel plate and used an old clothes Iron from the thrift store to sit on the steel plate next to the luber. I just plugged it in and waited for the body of the luber to get warm, then unplugged it and went to sizeing...
    Now I've got a Lyman 4500 and use it's heater.
    That Ebay controller looks pretty neat. I may have to see if they make one that reads in degrees F in stead of C.

Boolit Master

lar45
    They make one in in both F and C mine is F. You can see it marked F just above the last 0 in the 100 readout. I have mine set so that the heat turns off at 105 and turns back on when it cools down to 95 and that seem to work out well for Carnuba Red. You can reset it for a higher temp if you use a harder lube.

Heads up. Just received an email this morning and it appears white label lube website security has been breached, with email addresses at the very least exposed. A link was included from email that when clicked would cause your PC to be infected if not properly protected. Do NOT click link in email. Suggest you change passwords if you use the same password at multiple sites. Many buyer emails are easily seen by simply clicking properties of email message they sent out, which I won't show here. (I use a unique email for every website I sign to, so it makes it easy to trace when something goes wrong).

Part of properties:
    email properties:
    Return-Path: <lsstuff@aol.com>

On a side note, have purchased a few times from White Label Lubes in the past (which is why they have my email address), great products and service.
    Last edited by RobsTV; 01-28-2019 at 02:22 PM. Reason: added info

Banner Sponsor

Thanks for the heads up. I'm calling the web hosting now.

Banner Sponsor

At first look here, it looks like they got part of an AOL address book, and there was not any breach of the website.
    Waiting to hear back from AOL now.

Banner Sponsor

OK, an update here. The computers here are clean, the website with the customer database has not been compromised. I just spent some time with AOL tech support and it looks like someone got part of the wifes address book.
    If anyone gets an email from her that you were not expecting, please just delete it.
    I am waiting for a call back from an AOL supervisor to see if there is anything else that can be done.

Thankyou for your patience

Boolit Buddy

I'm a first time customer, and quickly received my order and also some samples, thank you! I am looking forward to trying your products.
    Dan

Banned
    Just a Shout Out to White Label.

I decided to put a few more sticks of 50/50 on the shelf to add to my normal stock of White Label lubes. (great bullet lube by the way).

Placed my order, got an e-mail confirmation and my order showed up promptly. They provide an excellent product, with excellent service at a fair price. What more could you want.

Boolit Master
    Just received 14 more tubes of BAC (I must be eating this stuff). Been using it for years and am very pleased with how it works with my handgun loads.

Don
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master

Anyone else having trouble with their WLL order? I placed a order on the 3rd and received a shipping notification but that package still hasn’t been shipped.
    Ill keep my guns money and freedom you keep the CHANGE!!!

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast