RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: White Label Lubes

Goodsteel-My accuracy was good before CR. My bullets are sized for the gun, but I was still getting some leading. I'm not since I started using CR.
    YMMV
    PJ
    NRA Benefactor Member

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post
    You take care of leading by using the right size bullet.
    You take care of accuracy by using the right lube.

Well, you're not wrong, but with my .40, I can run as many as I want with no leading, until I change something, then I have leading. I could use Felix or LEE or half dozen other lubes and it will lead, but for some reason this White Label stuff does it.

Banner Sponsor

Sorry, I didn't get right back to this, buttt
    Yes I can do 2500+ in Green and do half and half hollow and solid if you want.
    I've got a Black Powder lube in the small melter right now, but could get to the Green in a Day or so. Just let me know, or let the wife know, she keeps me pointed in the right directions some times LsStuff@aol.com is her email, or PM me here. I'm trying to get on here a couple times a day to check on the brass sales.
    If you didn't find it in the swappin and sellin then I have about 1500# of inside range brass that is almost sorted and bagged. We have 380, 9mm, 40, 45acp, 223. There is also some 10mm, 357 Sig and a few others that I'll have to see how much of each we end up with. I'll try to keep it updated on the swappin and selling page.

Boolit Master

Blackpowder Lube? Which one and will it be on the store site soon?
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Banned

Banner Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by bruce drake View Post
    Blackpowder Lube? Which one and will it be on the store site soon?
    Yes we do have a New Black Powder Lube. We are calling it BP-01 for now.
    It is not mine but, It's a recipie from a friend in Scotland who said that I could make and sell it.
    In his tests he shot 30 rounds through his muzzle loader without cleaning and still had reasonable accuracy and the fouling was still soft. He used Swiss ffg.
    I tried it in my Sharps 45-70 , 32" bbl, with Swiss ffg and the 535gn Lyman. I went 15 rounds without using a blow tube, wet patch or anything and the group size stayed about the same. The fouling was soft enough to allow for a quick and easy cleanup at the end.
    It does contain a small amount of Alox 350, but it did not cause any problems.

For now, we have it in 1# blocks for $16.50. It is not in the online store yet, but I will try to get that done soon. For now you can email us at LsStuff@aol.com or send me a PM here, but I don't check my PMs as often as I should.

Boolit Master
    Now I find you've got a black powder lube - just got my order from you with the lubes I ordered. Great service - THANK YOU!

Ken Holland

Boolit Master

Sweet! I'll call in an order tomorrow morning!

Quote Originally Posted by lar45 View Post
    Yes we do have a New Black Powder Lube. We are calling it BP-01 for now.
    It is not mine but, It's a recipie from a friend in Scotland who said that I could make and sell it.
    In his tests he shot 30 rounds through his muzzle loader without cleaning and still had reasonable accuracy and the fouling was still soft. He used Swiss ffg.
    I tried it in my Sharps 45-70 , 32" bbl, with Swiss ffg and the 535gn Lyman. I went 15 rounds without using a blow tube, wet patch or anything and the group size stayed about the same. The fouling was soft enough to allow for a quick and easy cleanup at the end.
    It does contain a small amount of Alox 350, but it did not cause any problems.

For now, we have it in 1# blocks for $16.50. It is not in the online store yet, but I will try to get that done soon. For now you can email us at LsStuff@aol.com or send me a PM here, but I don't check my PMs as often as I should.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Mold
    I'm still new at cast bullets. I'd like to try the 45:45:10 mix but wonder can it be used on casts with larger lube grooves, like .223 and .308?

Boolit Grand Master

Yes, film lubes can be used on conventional designs.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    I have been shooting the LsStuff 50/50 for a few years now and have not had any problems in the .32-20, 32 S&W Long, 38 Special, 357 Magnum, 9mm, 41 Magnum, 44 Magnum, 375-JDJ, 411-JDJ, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 30-30, 300 Win Mag, 35 Remington, 10mm Auto, 454 Casull, and 45-70. I'm sure I missed a few calibers in there but you get the idea.

I can't wait to try the BP-01 on the 535gr bullets. Will try pan lubing.

Boolit Master
    Whats the best , less leading, most accurate, and least messy lube for 9mm?
    Bac or carnauba red? Cant decide what to order.

Boolit Grand Master

CR is a harder lube that requires heat. BAC is softer and doesn't require heat. I don't know what your opinion of "least messy" means. But I'm assuming you will want CR because it's a harder lube.

Quote Originally Posted by kryogen View Post
    Whats the best , less leading, most accurate, and least messy lube for 9mm?
    Bac or carnauba red? Cant decide what to order.
    You can order a few sticks to try of each, but for 9mm I would lean towards the BAC. I have both. As said CR needs some heat and is firmer than BAC. But I wouldn't call BAC messy. I've been using a 50/50 mix of BAC and CR lately, works well for pan lubing.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    It works great in the applications I've used it in so far. I will admit that I haven't pushed it any. Just your generic 1200 - 1800 fps loads (depending upon caliber/cartridge). The old NRA formula does as well in those applications. However the Carnauba Red is cleaner, and while it does require heat to flow well, it is NOT a high temp lube. Just a bit of heat is required.

Plus it's sold at a price you cannot beat anywhere.

.................Buckshot
    I have found it take very little heat. I just set my Lyman 4500 up in the back yard in the morning and by 10 O'clock in the summer she's ready to go with no heater. In the winter well then I need to use the heater. But I do most of my cast stuff in the summer months.

Boolit Master
    I bought some of the 2700 and I set my lube heater for 105 degrees and it works great.

Boolit Bub

White Label and Oil

I had tried olive oil also. And lanolin. I recently (more from convenience) tried semi processed coconut oil. The thick gooey smells like coconut stuff. It's slipperier, and smells better than burnt olive oil. I've used STP, 2stroke oil and ATF before- all with similar nothing- special results.
    > Used White Label Lube this weekend. Barrel fouled and leaded. Miss my SPG. Was BPCR lube. Another friend borrowed 5 shots and had same results. Do you need a fouling shot? Looking for lube stars? You have the symptoms of a rough barrel. Better cleaner lube isn't working for you. If you don't get a machinist to check for straightness and finish, I'd try a few firelaps.

Banned

If its that bad, you can always load one copper jacketed round at the bottom of every magazine to keep the barrel clear until yoou can solve the problem.

Banned

What are you loading for? Bore dia? Alloy? sized bullet dia? This will help you nail it down.

Banner Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by gidgaf View Post
    I had tried olive oil also. And lanolin. I recently (more from convenience) tried semi processed coconut oil. The thick gooey smells like coconut stuff. It's slipperier, and smells better than burnt olive oil. I've used STP, 2stroke oil and ATF before- all with similar nothing- special results.
    > Used White Label Lube this weekend. Barrel fouled and leaded. Miss my SPG. Was BPCR lube. Another friend borrowed 5 shots and had same results. Do you need a fouling shot? Looking for lube stars? You have the symptoms of a rough barrel. Better cleaner lube isn't working for you. If you don't get a machinist to check for straightness and finish, I'd try a few firelaps.
    This quote was from many years ago. I got a batch too warm and it changed the properties of it. I didn't notice until i had already shipped some. The rest of the batch was pulled and trashed and new lube sent out.
    Glenn.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast