Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: White Label Lubes

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by sgt.mike View Post
    Don't use anything but White Label Lubes.
    Same here if it's a stick lube. I need to buy some X-Lox so I have enough to mix up some BLL. One of my sizers is full of CR while the other is full of 2500+. I need a third sizer because I'm going to mix those two together to see what it does.

Boolit Buddy
    First time using a lubrisizer. I bought White Label Lube Co. 50-50 Bees Wax This will be for under 1200fps in rifle and pistol. Is this what i wanted. Will eventually be bringing some up to 15 or 1600fps.

Thanks Lars. Ill try the Carnuba Red. I might need another sizer
    PJ
    NRA Benefactor Member

Boolit Master
    How does CR compare to the 2700?

Banner Sponsor

There is a little confusion on the label for Carnauba Red and I appologise for that.
    When I was first wringing out Carnaba Red in my 06 I only pushed it to just over 2700fps. I was useing a 190gn Fat30 so I didn't push it any faster, but I was left with a clean barrel with no leading or fouling. So in the upper corner of the label, I put 2700 on it. I make custom colors sometimes and made a batch of blue a little while back. The label may have just said Carnauba on it with the 2700 in the upper left corner.
    I think that is where the mix up is coming from.
    Some of the high speed tests have shown a little difference between the two, which I would not have expected at all. I put in just a little bit more Blue Dye than what I normally use to get the color right. I don't know if that small amount of dye will effect the performance of the two. I do keep records of every batch made so I can reproduce it if needed.
    Hope this helps clear the water some.

Glenn.

Banner Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by krallstar View Post
    First time using a lubrisizer. I bought White Label Lube Co. 50-50 Bees Wax This will be for under 1200fps in rifle and pistol. Is this what i wanted. Will eventually be bringing some up to 15 or 1600fps.
    50/50 is a great all purpose lube that should handle about 90% of all cast bullet needs. I have pushed it to just over 2200fps without any problems. If you live in a hot area, then you might want a stiffer lube, but alot of it depends on specifically what you want it to do. 50-50 can smoke a little bit, so I wouldn't want to use it in an indoor range.
    If you run into any problems or have questions, just give us a call.
    Glenn.

Banned

I have been using CR and BAC 1 to 2 for pan lubing. Very happy with the results.

Boolit Master
    I like to mix Carnuba Red and BAC at a 50/50 ratio for my boolit lube. I use this lube when I require a bit more performance (like magnum pistol, or rifle) than my standard tumble lube application of 45-45-10.

The majority of my target boolits are tumble lubed in 45-45-10 - Also purchased from White Label Lubes.

I don't even bother making it myself anymore, it's both cheaper and easier to purchase 45-45-10 directly from White Label Lubes. They are good people, extremely easy to deal with, and always happy to help out.

White Label Lubes simply work.

- Bullwolf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lubed 358-158-RF.JPG  
    Last edited by Bullwolf; 05-03-2015 at 10:48 PM.

Banned

Blue! Cool! I hate red, but your lubes are worth putting up with it. Good on you man.

Banner Sponsor

We can make Blue, Green, Red, Orange, Yellow and Brown. If there is a color that you just have to have, I can check to see if I can get it. There is a 40 stick minimum for custom colors and they are $.10 per stick more. One time I made a run of Purple for a guy who was a big Kansas State fan.

Banned

Red is a great lube color. But there is no accounting for everyone's tastes. Great that you can accommodate color preferences for such a reasonable price.

Boolit Grand Master

White Label Lubes

So does that mean I can get 2500+ in green? No reason other than the stock color is kind of boring

I mixed up a batch of equal parts 2500+ and CR last night. Can't wait to see how it performs. Here's hoping I can get it out of the PVC pipe :laugh:

Boolit Buddy
    Glenn,

What alloy are you using in your '06 for maximum velocity?

Thanks,

deepwater

Banned

I think you're about to be making some lube, seems like some cu$tomer$ are coming your way.

Banner Sponsor

Yes, 2500+ can be made in green.
    I was using water dropped WW.
    Put your molds in the freezer for 30 min or so and the lube should come out.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lar45 View Post
    I was using water dropped WW.
    Put your molds in the freezer for 30 min or so and the lube should come out.
    Didn't work. I had the bright idea to make one long tube and I was then going to cut it to length. Was able to get the rod out of the middle but the lube isn't budging from the pipe. I will give it another try this weekend.

Boolit Master

Spray the inside of the tube with Pam or it's equivalent. It acts as a mold release. Don't make the tube to long. I usually don't go over a foot long

gmsharps

I've been using carnuba red for several months in my pistol rounds. Wow-great lube, my leading is reduced and since I've started spraying my lubed bullets with alcohol they are less sticky.
    PJames
    NRA Benefactor Member

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pjames32 View Post
    I've been using carnuba red for several months in my pistol rounds. Wow-great lube, my leading is reduced and since I've started spraying my lubed bullets with alcohol they are less sticky.
    PJames
    You shouldn't have any leading in the first place.
    You take care of leading by using the right size bullet.
    You take care of accuracy by using the right lube.

believe me, when it comes to cast bullet lube (for accuracy once you got your sizing issues fixed) there's 2500+ and 2700+.
    if the right one don't getcha, then the left one will.
    Best lubes on the planet.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Grand Master
    I could use some of the 2500+, green in color. Maybe Dragon318gt would want to split an order, 20 tubes to each of us. Solid sticks for me

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast