Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: White Label Lubes

Boolit Man

Thumbs up Love It.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
    Carnauba Red is my favorite for .45acp - BAC was far too tacky/messy for me.
    Ordered some Carnuba Red about six months ago just to try it. Great stuff! No smoke that I've noticed & accuracy is great. I use it in everything from my .45 Colt, .38 Special, 7.62 x 54R & my .444 Marlin. The 30 - 30 Winchester is next.

Boolit Master

Just ordered a 32oz bottle of their X-lox and 10 sticks of the 2500. I've used their BAC for the last 5 years with great success. My leading problems stopped once I started using the BAC versus storebought lube (RCBS)

I'm looking forward to having a nice supply of good lubes on the shelf again as I was down to my last tube of BAC and my last Alox bottle from LEE is nearly empty.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

I am well impressed with White Label.

I recently ordered a jug of White Label's 45/4510 Deluxe X-lox tumble lube. They sent me a jug of regular X-Lox by mistake.
    They realized they had made the mistake and e-mailed me a heads-up before the shipment even arrived. They were very good about making it right and quickly sent me the correct product AND let me keep the other jug of tumble lube.

Good product at a fair price and first rate customer service......you can't beat it with a stick.
    ~Charlie U.

Boolit Master
    Good folks, great products.
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for posting the link. This is my first day here.

I just cast my first bullets today for the 41 mag revolvers. I made 175's with large deep grease groves to be shot at 600 to 750 fps. I also made 210's to be used at 1000 fps and 255's to be shot over H110 at 1000 to 1100 fps. Which of your lubes would be best suited for these applications.

Boolit Master
    Lar's page is http://www.lsstuff.com/ for White Label Lube. I can tell you I love their premixed 45-45-10 for tumble lubing. For a regular luber-sizer I am sure somebody on here will be able to help you out with info, or send Lar's a email just in case he misses the post!

GoodOlBoy
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

I use 220 gr. boolit in my Blackhawk 41 mag and use White label 2500+ as my lube. No leading and very good accuracy up to 1300 fps with my hunting load. I have used BAC also in this caliber and it worked great also. The 2500+ is a little more firm for warm weather use and the reason I switched to it over the BAC. Using the 2500+ means I do not have to clean out my lube-sizer and switch lubes when I lube for my rifle calibers that shoot at a higher velocity.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Shooter View Post

I just cast my first bullets today for the 41 mag revolvers. I made 175's with large deep grease groves to be shot at 600 to 750 fps. I also made 210's to be used at 1000 fps and 255's to be shot over H110 at 1000 to 1100 fps. Which of your lubes would be best suited for these applications.

First, welcome to the forum Idaho S. Great place this forum is. A wealth of knowledge and info on everything, plus great guys n gals. Great looking Boolits you cast there.
    You can't go wrong with any of Lar's lubes. They make a lube to fit all your needs PLUS you might want to try their hand balm, great stuff fer the cold weather.
    As good ob suggested the BAC and 2500 are awesome lubes,priced well and will help keep your bbl lead free. You may need to heat or warm your lube sizer with a hair dryer.
    Great folks, great price, quick service n shipping.

Good luck, be safe and again welcome.

Mike

Boolit Mold
    Thanks. I posted an E-mail to White label, and will be ordering something from them.

I just read a response from Glenn. I think their Carnuba Red is my huckleberry.
    Last edited by Idaho Shooter; 01-05-2015 at 10:14 PM. Reason: update

I use both X-Lox and the 45-45-10 in my handguns. Both work perfectly for me and I load velocities up to 1200fps.

Thanks. I posted an E-mail to White label, and will be ordering something from them.

I just read a response from Glenn. I think their Carnuba Red is my huckleberry.
    Carnuba Red will require heat to flow through your sizer. Where as BAC will not.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Carnuba Red worked just fine in my 44 last weekend. 265 gr SWC GC with 25 gr of H110. Don't know the velocity, but it's movin' right down the barrel. Got pretty good accuracy and no lead or any other bad things in the gun.
    Rich

Boolit Buddy
    Using Carnuba Red through my RCBS Lube/Sizer with a Lyman heater under it for good flow. The lube is kind of sticky when handling it in tubes but I dont notice this when handling bullets so much. Excess lube sticks do not melt in my hot garage in the summer. I have made my own lube in the past and am happy switching to White Label. No where near the mess. Right now, I am lubing bullets for .380, 9mm, .45acp and .454 Casual. Works great and you cant beat the price with super fast shipping. Just called in a order last Monday and had my lube on Thursday. Thanks Glen for a great product.

Chris

Banned

I've been using a 50/50 mix of BAC with Carnuba red for years in the .40, but I've never cast or an M-1A before. So, what lube should I use for it?

I'll probably use a 170-175 grain gas checked round. I'm hoping to use Unique, because it can be used in both weapons according to the Lyman guide.

Banner Sponsor

Your mix of BAC and Carnauba Red should work great in the M1A also.
    The 2500+ lube would be a very good option also. It works great in 30 cal rifles for a wide range of velocities, from plinking loads up through 2800fps+.
    If you already have BAC/C-Red in your luber, you might as well give it a try in the M1A.

Let us know if there is anything you need.
    Thanks
    Glenn.

Banned

Awesome, thanks. I've always been happy with your stuff. Whatever it is lol.

Anyone using Carnuba Red in slow to moderate 45-70 loads? That's what's in my sizer now and it would be easiest.
    PJ
    NRA Benefactor Member

Banner Sponsor

Carnauba Red is my favorite lube and is what I use for everything from 38 special to 500S&W.
    Different cartridges and loads might perform better with just a different lube.
    If the 45-70 was the only thing you'd be loading for I'd suggest 2500+ or 50/50. If it's already in your luber you might as well give it a try. If it doesn't perform well for you, just send me a PM and I'll send you some samples of 2500+ and 50/50 if you want.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lar45 View Post
    Carnauba Red is my favorite lube and is what I use for everything from 38 special to 500S&W.
    Different cartridges and loads might perform better with just a different lube.
    If the 45-70 was the only thing you'd be loading for I'd suggest 2500+ or 50/50. If it's already in your luber you might as well give it a try. If it doesn't perform well for you, just send me a PM and I'll send you some samples of 2500+ and 50/50 if you want.
    I heartily agree with this. My house alloy is 95.6/2.2/2.2 and my house lube is Carnauba Red. I think I have a pile of bullets from every mold on my rack cast from that alloy and lubed with that lube. It's just a great go to lube for darn near anything, and it stores well.
    I also use 45/45/10 and 2500+ (both WLL products). I pretty much deffer to White Label for everything lube related at this point.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Banned

Now If we just had the recipe. Don't let the perfect lube disappear to history.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast