Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: White Label Lubes

Boolit Mold

White Label Lubes

Hi. My name is Ron and I just joined this site. I just found out about White Label Lubes from this site. I would like to get the opinions of those who have used them. They sure look nice and are reasonably priced.

Alox for mixing with beeswax, etc. is also sold on the White Label Lube site. Anyone used this stuff and if so how was it? I have 100 lbs of beeswax I bought last summer from the guy in Nevada, and I would like to make some useful lube out of it.

Thanks. Ron

Ron:
    That 100 lbs will make you some of the best lubes around in no specific order FWFL, Mikes Magic Mystery Lube, & if you order Bull Shop Sprue Plate Lube. Make up a batch of Bull Shop's Lube. Felix's Lube and Sprue Plate top of forum and the Mikes MML do a search and you will have some of the best Lube's and you have the satisfaction of "I did it myself."
    Don

Ron welcome to the board have no fear of question's these guy will share more then information. But beware once you start there is no turning back. The silver streamer will get ya hooked.
    Last edited by OLPDon; 03-22-2007 at 11:58 AM.

Boolit Master
    Edmond, Oklahoma - that's N. of the Red River
    I bought some White Lube and liked it. I then used Felix's recipe for Felix Lube and it is easy to make and like he said, I did it myself. I made up some 1" PVC tubes, chamfered the ends so I could plug them, drilled a hole in the top cap/plug for a wooden dowel and Wallaa my lube sticks have holes in the middle and drop right into my Lubrisizer. I sanded down a hoe handle on my belt sander to the right diameter and it pushes the lube sticks right out of the PVC.

Will post pics for a small fee.

Dave

Boolit Master
    Get ya some bull plate lube and make up a lb of speed green. Only takes 4 oz bull plate to make 1 lb speed green. If casting sticks I like to add .5 oz allox per lb. It helps release the sticks from the mold so they dont squish when pushed out. You can use any alox. I have used the lee liquid, the stuff from LAR, and I still have a bucket of the origonal 2137 or whatever the# was. All do the same thing, sticks slide out without squishing the hole closed. If yer not casting sticks ya dont need it. I do add one other ingrediant also at .5 oz per lb that helps the lube to flow without heat from a sizer. Its the bull plate that does the trick. Its a high temp, high pressure lube that blends easily with wax. When other lubes fail under pressure speed green will keep ya goin.
    BIC/BS

Boolit Mold

speed green

Where do I get the bull plate lube and what is the exact recipe and procedure for making speed green?

Thanks. Ron

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RonSFNM View Post
    Where do I get the bull plate lube and what is the exact recipe and procedure for making speed green?

Thanks. Ron
    RonSFNM
    You get bull plate from the bull shop. Scroll all the way to the bottom of this page and you should see a link.
    Exact recipe is 3 to 1 by weight bee's wax to bull plate.
    12 oz wax to 4 oz bp = 1lb speed green lube
    I add .5 oz alox per lb speed green to aid the releace of sticks from the mold.
    I also add .5 oz Dr. tranny assembly goo(from napa)per lb speed green to aid the flow from lube sizers without heat.
    The additives are not needed for the speed green lube to handle high pressure. They just aid in the handling of the lube. The bull plate is what does the magic.
    BIC/BS

Boolit Master
    IMHO... I switched to Glenn Larsen's (White Label) 50/50 lube maybe a year ago and love it. He's a great guy to deal with, great prices, no leading, great accuracy. I can't find anything wrong with it and will probably keep using it until either he dies or I do. Now that's a recommendation. Nothing against any of you do-it-yourselfers. I just think it's handy to let Glenn do it.

I agree. For what Glenn charges, it's not worth trying to do it myself. I've been using his 50/50, and for my loads, it's as close to perfection as you can get.

Banned

Yes, just buy Lar's lube. Great stuff. Bullshop makes great stuff too. Felix lube is great. All are so much better then commercial lubes you will wonder why you wasted so much money before.

Super Moderator

...........I like the Carnauba Red. It's just flat nice looking

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    ...........I like the Carnauba Red. It's just flat nice looking

...............Buckshot
    How's the Carnauba Red lube work??

Shiloh

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post

Shiloh
    It works great in the applications I've used it in so far. I will admit that I haven't pushed it any. Just your generic 1200 - 1800 fps loads (depending upon caliber/cartridge). The old NRA formula does as well in those applications. However the Carnauba Red is cleaner, and while it does require heat to flow well, it is NOT a high temp lube. Just a bit of heat is required.

Plus it's sold at a price you cannot beat anywhere.

.................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Banner Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    Shiloh
    Hi, just saw this here and thought I'd chime in.
    How does it work? That's why I offer free samples. Just send your address and which lubes you want to try to LsStuff@aol.com or Whitelabelsales@aol.com-- or PM me here.
    I was really surprized when Rooster HVR stopped working at 2250 and the C-Red was still shooting clean at 2700fps(30-06, 190gn Fat 30 Win748) That was my top load and I haven't gone back to see just how fast I could push it. some guys have reported 3000 fps with a clean barrel and tight groups.
    ?Sounds like a bunch of bull? I would think so to, that's why I send out free samples and let you form your own opinion before you have to spend one penny.
    I learned all I know about lube by listening to the guys here. This is not FWFL with some Red thrown in(I get asked that alot) It's Red and Brown to get the deep red color-No just jokeing.
    I don't always get around to answering all messages(I sat here for 4 straight hours one day just answering questions) I try to get to them all, but.... Sometimes I do need a reminder to get something done, so please send the reminder, I won't be offended and do appreciate it.

I got a letter from Lubrizol a couple of weeks back telling me that I'm not supposed to use the word Alox in reference to my lubes. All my stuff is changed to Xlox for now. I see Alox in the name of several different companies lubes, so I sent a letter back to see why, or if I can list it as ingredients. No reply yet.
    My 55 gal drum is about on empty and ordered a new one last week, so I should be set for the next couple of years.

Someplace someone was asking about getting lube out of molds. Sometimes I have to freeze them to get the lube to pop out.

thanks for all the business, I appreciate it, and I got to buy a new toy the other day. A stainless Ruger 357 Bisley with 5.5" bbl.
    Last edited by 45nut; 10-23-2010 at 06:27 PM.

Boolit Mold

White Label Lubes

Hey Lar. I wish you did not insist on using Microsoft Passport security system. It is an invasive, royal pain in the rear, and I will not use it. I tried going to sales@lsstuff.com, but couldn't get on because of that passport nonsense. Is there anyway to get around that nonsense. I would like to order some lube online and pay with paypal. I will PM you with my address for some free samples.

Ron

Hey, Lar45 I sent you an email requesting a sample of your Carnauba Red lube. If it's as good as everybody says it is, I'll be ordering a few stick from ya and telling my boolit casting freak friends about your product. I thank you for your generosity and contribution to the art of boolit casting. Take care and look forward to using your products.
    In Christ,

JC

Boolit Master
    I have been using Lar's red about 2 years now, does as good as LBT soft blue, for me.
    Have used it at 2500fps in .35 Whelen and 2700fps in .243
    drinks, NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, CCRKBA, GOA, JPFO, CBA, Def-Con.

lar45, you the man. I got the free sample you send me a few days ago and I must say, it was awesome. I say "it was" awesome because it's all gone now. It works great and looks really cool to boot. I'll be giving you a call after the Holidays to place my order. Again, thanks for the free sample and for your contributions to the sport. Hope you and your family have a great Holiday.
    In Christ,

JC

Boolit Mold

White Label Lube

Used White Label Lube this weekend. Barrel fouled and leaded. Miss my SPG. Was BPCR lube. Another friend borrowed 5 shots and had same results.

Quote Originally Posted by dudly View Post
    Used White Label Lube this weekend. Barrel fouled and leaded. Miss my SPG. Was BPCR lube. Another friend borrowed 5 shots and had same results.
    Dudly do wrong

Wonderful first post , that should get you a very warm welcome .
    On a side note I used to use SPG only for my 45-120 and Glenn sent me one of his first tubes of BPCR , made the switch in a heart beat , great stuff.
    Have over 200 round's from 400 grain through 720 grain down the tube and not one once of leading .

Have over 10,000 rounds through my S&W 500 Magnum and have never had a leading problem with his Carnuba Red .

RR
    PRACTICE DOES NOT MAKE PERFECT !!! PERFECT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT !!!!!!
    HOME OF THE 500 MAGNUM TYRANNOSAURUS THUMPER'S.........

USS SARATOGA CV-60

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dudly View Post
    Works good for me, especially in the summer months. I usually use DGL or SPG in the cooler months. I just started using White Label last year, holds better in the heat. I have even tried it in smokeless loads up to 2000 fps, and haven't had it fail. I often use it regularly, in smokeless loads @1400-1500 fps.

If you are using it on boolits with small GG, like some of the Saecos, it may not carry enough lube. I use it in 28",30" & 34" barrels & PJ Creemores, and lube cookie w/BACO PP .441.

I have found it stickier, and works easier in a lube/sizer than pan lubing. I am now mixing it with olive oil to thin for pan lube or cookie(.5ml w/dropper) w/PP.

That's my results, not just an opinion, cause I did lots of tests before using, to make sure it worked. Unless you make your own blend, you can't beat the price.

Jon
    Col 2:13-17

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast