MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataTitan Reloading
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
Repackbox
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: White Label Lubes

Boolit Master
    glockky,

It may be the volume of shipping(s) going on at this time of year. I received a shipping confirmation from Dillon Precision on the 3rd, still haven't received it. AZ to OK via USPS, shouldn't take this long.....?

Hang tough.....
    Bob

Boolit Mold
    I alloy and cast my own bullets. I shoot low velocity charges, usually just enough to cycle my pistol. I shoot a CZ75. Even with low velocity loads I get some leading at the end of the chamber beginning of the rifling. I have always used Thompsons Blue Angel lube in my Lyman lubricator sizer. Any preferred lube suggestions? Many Thanks in advance. Jerry

Try some BAC.

I haven't tried any other lube than the RCBS lube that came with my sizer. I cast .41, .44, and .45 mostly and being in my 60's don't feel a big need to push them hard. I've been thinking about trying 45-45-10 for some 45-230-TC boolits but what stick lube for around 1000fps for the others. Now that I'm retired, I might start casting for my 30/30 too. I don't have a heater but I can get one if I need to. Thanks
    Last edited by Buckdane; 03-20-2020 at 01:43 PM.

Boolit Master

There is a "run" on ammo, ammo reloading supplies, and guns right now. Powder Valley just put out a bulletin asking for understanding of their slow shipments because their volume of order is up 10 fold. We wil all just have to be a little more patient during this pandemic.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by RHYS View Post
    I alloy and cast my own bullets. I shoot low velocity charges, usually just enough to cycle my pistol. I shoot a CZ75. Even with low velocity loads I get some leading at the end of the chamber beginning of the rifling. I have always used Thompsons Blue Angel lube in my Lyman lubricator sizer. Any preferred lube suggestions? Many Thanks in advance. Jerry
    My suggestion is to tumble lube with White label 50-50 lube. or Straight Lee Liquid alox. its messy-er but I'm running 38 special loads to 1275 fps out of a carbine (per my chrono) with unsized 98% PB TO 2%Sb boolits and getting zero leading. Leading cam be a boolit fit issue, so leave em unsized, or oversized if they won't chamber. also don't overcrimp, as that will swedge down the boolit diameter just enough to cause leading.

Boolit Master

I’ve used Carnuba Red for almost 10 years now with never a problem. Works great! I cast for .380 to .45 and most everything in between. Pressures range from 750 FPS in .38 wadcutter to about 1450 FPS in .44 mag. Carnuba Red handles them all with no problems! They are great people to work with too! I’ve experimented with making my own lube, but as someone else mentioned, I’d rather have Lars do it.
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Master

I ordered some 2500+ lube a couple of weeks ago, and got it without any delay. A great product, good prices, and quick shipping. Who could ask for anything more?
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Boolit Buddy
    Leah and Glenn are great folks to deal with. I sent the order in the mail on a Saturday. Received their great product in the mail the next Saturday. Great communication with me. Great folks to work with. I need to shoot more so that I can buy more of their products

376Steyr, you will love that 2500+ lube from White label. I use it for all my pistol calibers and several rifle calibers with excellent performance. From 900 FPS to 2000 FPS it has not failed me yet. The cost from white label is so reasonable, I would be time foolish to try making my own.

I just ordered some of their 2500+ lube. My goal is 200 gr. cast at 2,000 fps in my .357 MAX rifle and 250 gr. cast in my .375 JDJ rifle.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim22 View Post
    I just ordered some of their 2500+ lube. My goal is 200 gr. cast at 2,000 fps in my .357 MAX rifle and 250 gr. cast in my .375 JDJ rifle.
    As much as I can be a chea....im mean frugal person i found making my own hollow lube sticks one of those items I much rather pay not to have to. I ordered some 2500+ few weeks ago. Came alot faster than most things ordered in the past few months.
    I run it with everything. From pistol to Rifle up to 2000 fps. i would probably run faster but im shooting cast in old milsurps with faster twists and im just not getting good accuracy past 2000 fps.

Boolit Mold
    I ordered the 45-45-10 lube from White Label and got it quicker than expected, with prompt correspondence on my order. I would rather pay their fair price than mix my own which I have contemplated many times. I am sure this lube will work fine and last me for awhile before I have to order more and stroking a small check is a lot easier than cooking up a batch. Thanks for the prompt professional service. I guess I am going to wax some floors with Johnsons Paste Wax now.

Boolit Bub
    I bought some 45-45-10 White Label some years back and hardly used any. Even though the cap was kept tight, it has reduced to considerably less of it's original volume and is now a hard paste...kind of like a hard car wax.

Can this be rejuvenated? I'm assuming that it was the mineral spirts that evaporated over time. If so, I should be able to add more and re-dissolve the original contents?

Any comments? Thanks,

Boolit Grand Master

I would query the manufacturer. You may just have to add a particular solvent.

FWIW
    Dale53

Boolit Bub
    I found another thread where a fellow had the exact same problem as I. He simply added some deodorized mineral spirits to the bottle of dried out lube and reconstituted it to original viscosity. All is not lost!

A full quart of 5 year old unopened White Label Xlox has the consistency of roofing tar. The solvents have outgassed from the container.
    An hour in 190 degree water bath loosened it up to the viscosity of chewing gum, at which time half a cup of mineral spirits and a .45 slug were added.
    Shake, shake, shake, returned it to the bath for another hour, then shake, shake, shake, again.
    At this point viscosity is about as good as new, good for use as is or in 45-45-10.

IT'S BAD WHEN LIFE GETS IN THE WAY OF LIVING.
    After too many interfering event's (4 years), I'm finally working my way back to casting, reloading, and shooting.

I understand the current demand is outstripping supply of shooting and reloading related components, so I'm in the process of making up a care package -for-trade for a friend's snowplow effort. In the process, I've pulled together a box of 250 gr .45 JHPs, 500 .45 RNFP slugs, about the same .38/357 SWCs, 2 pounds of powder, 1000-box of WLP primers, 5 sticks of Javelin lube, and a full quart of White Label Xlox liquid lube.... ( I found 6 quarts dehydrated, figured I could spare one). That should hold him for awhile.

This guy's off the grid and way up the canyon, and greets uninvited visitors in a rather course manner... they make a u-turn and don't come back. I've never had issues though, as he's a reloader and always the first to help neighbors in a pinch. We just need to understand everyone has their own viewpoint sometimes, and let it be.
    Salvaging old Marlins is not a pasttime...it's a passion

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by pls1911 View Post
    A full quart of 5 year old unopened White Label Xlox has the consistency of roofing tar. The solvents have outgassed from the container.
    It has been so long since I used my 45-45-10 that I've forgotten what the proper viscosity should be at room temperature. I don't want to overly-thin it out, nor keep it too thick.

Can anybody please describe what the consistency is like at ROOM TEMP? Is it similar to room temp maple syrup, or even a bit thicker like a fresh jar of honey?

Even when new, I remember having to warm my boolits a little bit to get it to liquify and spread nicely over them when tumbled around in a old yogurt container.

Banner Sponsor

I like it to be about the consistency of a thin chocolate syrup.

Boolit Mold
    I purchased 32oz of XLOX and am very happy with the results so far!

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast