Lee PrecisionInline FabricationADvertise hereWideners
RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: White Label Lubes

Boolit Master
    glockky,

It may be the volume of shipping(s) going on at this time of year. I received a shipping confirmation from Dillon Precision on the 3rd, still haven't received it. AZ to OK via USPS, shouldn't take this long.....?

Hang tough.....
    Bob

Boolit Mold
    I alloy and cast my own bullets. I shoot low velocity charges, usually just enough to cycle my pistol. I shoot a CZ75. Even with low velocity loads I get some leading at the end of the chamber beginning of the rifling. I have always used Thompsons Blue Angel lube in my Lyman lubricator sizer. Any preferred lube suggestions? Many Thanks in advance. Jerry

Try some BAC.

I haven't tried any other lube than the RCBS lube that came with my sizer. I cast .41, .44, and .45 mostly and being in my 60's don't feel a big need to push them hard. I've been thinking about trying 45-45-10 for some 45-230-TC boolits but what stick lube for around 1000fps for the others. Now that I'm retired, I might start casting for my 30/30 too. I don't have a heater but I can get one if I need to. Thanks
    Last edited by Buckdane; 03-20-2020 at 01:43 PM.

Boolit Master
    There is a "run" on ammo, ammo reloading supplies, and guns right now. Powder Valley just put out a bulletin asking for understanding of their slow shipments because their volume of order is up 10 fold. We wil all just have to be a little more patient during this pandemic.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by RHYS View Post
    I alloy and cast my own bullets. I shoot low velocity charges, usually just enough to cycle my pistol. I shoot a CZ75. Even with low velocity loads I get some leading at the end of the chamber beginning of the rifling. I have always used Thompsons Blue Angel lube in my Lyman lubricator sizer. Any preferred lube suggestions? Many Thanks in advance. Jerry
    My suggestion is to tumble lube with White label 50-50 lube. or Straight Lee Liquid alox. its messy-er but I'm running 38 special loads to 1275 fps out of a carbine (per my chrono) with unsized 98% PB TO 2%Sb boolits and getting zero leading. Leading cam be a boolit fit issue, so leave em unsized, or oversized if they won't chamber. also don't overcrimp, as that will swedge down the boolit diameter just enough to cause leading.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617