Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: Good parkerizing source

Boolit Master

Good parkerizing source

Howdy,

I'm in the market to reparker my SA 1942 M1 Garand. It's a CMP Service Grade Garand. Most of the original finish is gone (90%+ worn), so it's time to bring her back to beauty school. I've been looking around at some online sources, prices ranging from $125 to $170+. I'd rather not send it away without a solid recommendation. Does anyone have first hand experience with a 21st century parker firm? What I mean by that is preferably someone with a website I can navigate to, not just a phone number and address. You can say I'm from Missouri - The show me state.

Thanks in advance.
    Who keeps not his arms in times of peace, Will have no arms in times of war.
    -Gaelic Proverb

Boolit Master

I've used this company with good results.

Texas Armament
    Brownsville, Tx.

325-646-5827
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Grand Master

We do bead blast and parkerize for $100 with the gas tube done in dura coat. Our turn around is two weeks.

Gunsmoke Guns LLC
    106 So Broadway St.
    Bloomfield, NE 68718
    402-373-4464

Boolit Master

Re park of M1

I have a beautiful SA M1 that was reparkerized by Fulton Armoury in Maryland. Phone number is/was 301-490-9485. You might want to call them, I don't know what they charge now as my M1 was done several years ago. They also "match built" aDCM H&R M1 for me many years ago. Don't let anyone tell you that an M1 trigger cannot be tuned to give a crisp let off, Fulton gave mine a trigger that was a piece of glasss on the let off at 4 1/2lbs.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    I have a beautiful SA M1 that was reparkerized by Fulton Armoury in Maryland. Phone number is/was 301-490-9485. You might want to call them, I don't know what they charge now as my M1 was done several years ago. They also "match built" aDCM H&R M1 for me many years ago. Don't let anyone tell you that an M1 trigger cannot be tuned to give a crisp let off, Fulton gave mine a trigger that was a piece of glasss on the let off at 4 1/2lbs.
    Now that you mention it, I had Fulton Armory refinish one of my CMP Garands years ago. They also did a basic tune-up at the same time. Just looked and they charge $175 to refinish one now.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Grand Master

You could ask on the CMP forum. From the home page go to Sales, there is a link there to the forum.

Boolit Bub

Good Parkerizing

Tim Shufflin from the M-14 Firing Line Forum did this rifle for me. I haven't been on that forum for a long time so I don't have his Web Site address, but it shouldn't be hard to find. He also did a trigger job and recrowned the barrel.[
    A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
    Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Bub
    I found his address.

shuffsparkerizing.com/about/

Great guy excellent work, quick turnaround.

Boolit Master
    Thank you all for the responses. I believe I will go with Shuff's.

Quote Originally Posted by Arceagle View Post
    I found his address.

shuffsparkerizing.com/about/

Great guy excellent work, quick turnaround.
    Thanks for the recommendation, Arceagle. I had been looking at his website to get the work done, and your pictures have helped me decide. Much obliged.
    Who keeps not his arms in times of peace, Will have no arms in times of war.
    -Gaelic Proverb

Boolit Master
    I had some things done by him several years ago. Super fast turn around and super job. Gtek

Boolit Bub
    +1 for Tim Shufflin...he does awesome parkerizing and fast turnaround

Le Loup Solitaire

Garand work

+1 on Fulton Armory. They have been around quite a while and specialize in anything that could ever be done to a Garand. No idea on current prices; best to call them. Another legend in the Garand world is "The Garand Man"...aka Tony Pucci out on Long Island N.Y. Phone number or e-mail address/website; you'ld have to do some searching and contact him for prices etc. His work is simply great. LLS

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range GARCIA's Avatar
    Shuff is one of the better known ones on the CMP board.
    He is highly recommended.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Grinch View Post
    I've used this company with good results.

Texas Armament
    Brownsville, Tx.

325-646-5827
    I live in Brownsville, Texas and am deep into the shooting community. I have never hear of that outfit. I will have to do some checking around.

We have a couple of part time people who pass themselves off as gunsmiths, but I would not let them work on a Daisy BB gun. The nearest real gunsmiths are in Corpus Christi, 140 miles North.

Ther is/was an outfit in BrownWOOD, Texas that did Parkerization called Texas Armament Co.
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 03-05-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Mold
    +1 on Shufflin or try Dean's Gun Restorations....in Tn if that is closer...good work also
    http://www.dgrguns.com/

"I saw Bigfoot"

Boolit Master

Area code 325 is around Abilene/Brownwood area.
    Lived in RGV (area code 956) for several years back in early 2000s & haven't heard of that 'smith around Brownsville or anywhere Cameron Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    I live in Brownsville, Texas and am deep into the shooting community. I have never hear of that outfit. I will have to do some checking around.

We have a couple of part time people who pass themselves off as gunsmiths, but I would not let them work on a Daisy BB gun. The nearest real gunsmiths are in Corpus Christi, 140 miles North.

Ther is/was an outfit in BrownWOOD, Texas that did Parkerization called Texas Armament Co.
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...