RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataWideners
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hodgdon Titegroup

Titegroup is good stuff. For those calibers there's a lot of powder, but you're consolidating then Titegroup is a good choice.

Use it a lot, never had a heating problem.
    :“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Boolit Master
    For the 44 240g boolit, Hodgdon lists 4.7 to 10g. For me 5.1 makes a light target load, 10g leads like crazy.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Awesome. I just picked up a can Of Titegroup and made some loads last night. In .32 Auto I made some with 2.0 grains powder and 71 grain FMJ (currently out of boolits for that one). In .38 Special I made an experimental box of 3.2-3.8 grains powder under a 158 grain LFP boolit.

Gray Wolf, what are your favorite loads for Titegroup in .32 Auto? I'm looking to use it with 76 grain boolits and 71 grain FMJ in my Kel-Tec.

Rond, I have a P95 also and it loves boolits. What diameter are your slugs? I'm thinking of buying some 140 grain .358 flat points from Mastercast and sizing 'em down to .357.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Awesome. I just picked up a can Of Titegroup and made some loads last night. In .32 Auto I made some with 2.0 grains powder and 71 grain FMJ (currently out of boolits for that one). In .38 Special I made an experimental box of 3.2-3.8 grains powder under a 158 grain LFP boolit.

Gray Wolf, what are your favorite loads for Titegroup in .32 Auto? I'm looking to use it with 76 grain boolits and 71 grain FMJ in my Kel-Tec.

Rond, I have a P95 also and it loves boolits. What diameter are your slugs? I'm thinking of buying some 140 grain .358 flat points from Mastercast and sizing 'em down to .357.
    The Lee 102 gr. RN casts at .358,I sized to .357 and they worked well. However I tried some at .358 and they shot a little better so I just load them as cast now.
    The heaviest boolit I've loaded in the 9mm is 125 gr. I tried 125 RNFP from Missouri Bullet Company sized .358 and they also work well. I use that boolit in .38 Special also.

Boolit Master

Re: Titegroup

Oh, how I love Titegroup.

I'm currently loading 5.9gr of Titegroup under a 200 grain HP [Mihec] cast bullet
    unsized. This particular load works well in both my XDm tactical as well as my Kimber. This load is about .5 over what I've found published. No signs of excess pressure.

Estimated velocity is ~950 fps.

Just my .02 worth. I use Titegroup with 38 Spl, and 9mm.

HV
    Life's biggest tragedy is we get old too soon, and wise too late.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Hmm, most of my boolits are already .358. So, mebbe I can just start using the same slugs for the wheelguns and the autos. I just ordered Lee molds for the .358 125 grain flat point and 140 grain SWC.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    All my pistols love it. I do too. You can get an 8lb jug for like $125 or so and load a skajillion 9mm's with it.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundgunner View Post
    It is my go to for 38, 357, 40, 45acp, 45 Colt. If they are under 1000 fps TG works for me. I have gone thru at least 3-8 pound kegs. If you want my data let me know.
    Yes... I would like to see your data for the calibers you listed. How about for 9mm?

shad
    I believe in gold, silver, & lead, and the rights of free honest men... You can keep the "CHANGE"!

Shad

Boolit Bub
    Titegroup is one my favorite powders for 38 spl, .45 acp, and .30-06. It is very clean burning and accurate.
    Favorite loads:
    38 spl- 148 gr swc 3.3 grs TG
    45 acp-230 gr tc 4.5 gr TG
    .30-06-160 gr rn w/gc 13 gr TG

The classic 13 gr load for .30-06 is much cleaner burning than unique, reddot, or 2400. My 03-A3 puts 10 rounds into a ragged hole at 50 yards maybe 1" with GI sights. It is reputed to burn hot so I always use gas checks for rifle loads.
    IMHO if you try a pound you will be hooked!
    Last edited by tactikel; 07-11-2012 at 03:25 AM.

Ohio's BEST CCW resource: http://ohioccwforums.org/
    I use Titegroup by the keg. Load it in anything. There's even 223 subsonic data for it.

Problems with titegroup:
    1. Highest nitro content of any canister powder. Loads have a tight spread.
    2. Will burn very hot and scorch your brass and your bullet bases- my guns are noticeably hotter with Titegroup loads.
    3. Double or triple charges can easily be dropped especially in tall cases like 357 Mag
    4. Can not achieve Magnum potential before exceeding pressure.

Benefits of Titegroup:
    1. Loads are small. Economical
    2. Works great in tall cases without needing wadding or fluff to keep the powder on the primer.
    3. Can be made to work in nearly any pistol caliber plus shotgun and subsonic 223.
    4. Easy to ignite- no magnum primers needed.
    5. 2000 38 specials per pound. CHEAP!
    6. Great for Cowboy loads or light Magnum target loads.
    7. Flows like water in nearly any powder measure. No bridging, no clumping, not too small, not too big.

I load 32 S&W Long, 32 ACP, 38 Spl, 357 Mag, 380, 9mm, 40 S&W, 45 auto, 44spl, 44mag, 45 colt, 454 casull, 32 H&R mag. ALL with Titegroup.
    Due to market fluctuations I am no longer buying range scrap jackets.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

Cast Boolits Owner

I like TG and use it in 45 ACP. First 8lb keg I bought cost $94 ($11.75/lb).
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crabo View Post
    I like to shoot a lot and it seemed like it got my gun too hot, too quick. Anyone else have that problem?
    You know, when I run my 1911 with titegroup on full auto, it tends to get hot.

Boolit Master
    I've burned 16 lb of TiteGroup in the .45 acp and I like it a lot. It's not the powder to "push the envelope", but 4.5 to 5.0 grains will do what needs doing for 200 to 230 grain cast boolits in my .45s and it meters great!
    BD

Just loaded another two hundred 228 gr. with 5 grns. of Titegroup. That makes two thousand so far this year. A good economical powder,
    :“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
    ― Albert Einstein