Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
Wideners
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shipping outside the US. Seller Warning.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 223 View Post
    I just shipped 120 pcs of new 257 Weatherby brass to British Columbia. Went thru Customs without a problem. The postage on the box was $35, but the buyer picked it up. Chuck.
    This is hardly remarkable if your package contained the required (Canadian) import and (US Dept of state) export licenses. If you just dumped the brass in a box and mailed it then you committed a serious felony crime and shouldn't be discussing it with anyone except perhaps you lawyer.

Boolit Bub
    Is it legal than to export 10-round mags to europe ???

Boolit Buddy
    I've never heard of a country called "europe" but generally speaking it is possible to export under $100 worth of magazines or other small parts.

That said I don't recommend it, you will always get screwed over trying to ship overseas.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by womblrup View Post
    Is it legal than to export 10-round mags to europe ???
    German laws are probably different from those in the US so I would suggest contacting someone that is familiar with the export laws in Germany about that.

What country in Europe?
    I'm in Sweden , and we have no limitations on hi cap magazines ..
    Each country has their own laws and I can only speak for Sweden.

Boolit Bub
    I live in Germany as stated in Location.

Last year I was looking for a .308 Win semiauto rifle for use in dynamic shooting competitions AND hunting. For typical hunting rifles only 2shot mags are available as required by german law. Mags with 10shot - or if the capacity is higher then blocked to 10shot mags are allowed for sport shooting. But the rifles with more then 2shot mags available usually look too takti-cool and military-style to be accepted by german hunters. Best fit into both worlds and available in Germany was a Molot Vepr Hunter 308, so I got one including 2x 2shot and 1x 10shot mags. Ordered a VX-6 Leupold scope and Burris Zee rings from USA via eBay and got it delivered, taxed and released from german customs without problems.
    Ordered 6 more 10shot mags from our german main importer and got the news that already 80 are ordered but only 25 may arrive in Germany this year - maybe - maybe not.
    Checked out other options in internet and found an USA-based company named Csspecs producing what I want to buy. Contacted them by email - no answer. Continued searching the internet and found USA export restrictions called ITAR, which applies to about anything helping to shoot a rifle. Found the US$ 100,00 export exception as well (and that Canadiens complained about it successfully in a way that the US$$$-exception limit was set to US$ 500,00 so please do not surrender like Avery Arms seems to do).

My question is: Can a normal US citizen pack 4 mags worth US$ 22,00 each (US$ 88,00 in total) into a box together with a printout of this ITAR exception and ship this parcel to Germany without violating US laws or is there anything else to do like adding the postage fees on top of US$88,00 or reporting the shipment to somebody or is there a licence required for shipment or may there be anything else required by US laws I do not think about???

German import laws are not my concern, if I am in doupt about german laws I can ask lawyers on our shooting range.
    Last edited by womblrup; 01-04-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by womblrup View Post
    I... Found the US$ 100,00 export exception as well (and that Canadiens complained about it successfully in a way that the US$$$-exception limit was set to US$ 500,00 so please do not surrender like Avery Arms seems to do).

My question is: Can a normal US citizen pack 4 mags worth US$ 22,00 each (US$ 88,00 in total) into a box together with a printout of this ITAR exception and ship this parcel to Germany without violating US laws or is there anything else to do like adding the postage fees on top of US$88,00 or reporting the shipment to somebody or is there a licence required for shipment or may there be anything else required by US laws I do not think about???

German import laws are not my concern, if I am in doupt about german laws I can ask lawyers on our shooting range.
    Certain "controlled" parts such as barrels and bolts are restricted regardless of value, magazines are not "controlled" parts unless the order is over $100 so yes an ordinary person can just drop them in the mail. I don't believe postage costs are part of the $100 limit but I could not swear to it.

I have "gave up" exporting stuff because in spite of my best efforts my time had been wasted not making money or helping people but rather losing money and creating bitter customers who blamed me for customs/mail issues I had no control over. After paying for several lost/stolen/wrongly confiscated orders out of pocket and getting bad ratings for shipping time because it takes more than 3 days for something to go from Florida to Spain I decided I had enough.

If Canadian/European buyers suddenly wanted to pay double US prices for stuff I would start exporting again but right now there are still plenty of ignorant Americans on ebay etc who will export stuff for cheap so until those people wise up a bit I don't see much of a future in exporting small odds and ends. Pallet loads and container loads sure.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Avery Arms View Post
    If Canadian/European buyers suddenly wanted to pay double US prices for stuff I would start exporting again but right now there are still plenty of ignorant Americans on ebay etc who will export stuff for cheap so until those people wise up a bit I don't see much of a future in exporting small odds and ends. Pallet loads and container loads sure.
    Hi Avery Arms

Me too could not find anything saying postage fees are part of that US$100,00 limit.

Here is an example of prizing US American stuff in Germany (from my last buy 2014 Dez 08):
    Carlsons extended waterfowl choke tube set of 3, prizing on Cabellas is US$ 109,99 compared to MidwayGermany €133,60. Exchange rate estimated US$ 1,35 / €1,00 equals US$ 180,36 or 164%. So we already come close to Your 200%. Delivery time was about 6weeks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141208 MidwayDeutschlandBestellung.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	126397
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141208 CarlsonChokeTubeSet CabellasUS.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	126398

The central reason for all that trouble as I look on it is ITAR export restrictions applied from Your government also against Your "brothers in Arms" NATO states in Europe . Nobody including us overseas can understand that any more. Even Germany has sent troops to Afganistan prooving that our soldiers do not have proper equipment to be effective .

Conclusion: After trying hard to get hold of a few mags for my rifle since about 6 months I am one little step further. I have found a legal way how I could get access to the US market as mentioned above. Maybe the Russians deliver earlier - lets see who´s winning the competition of supplying the european market beside our own companies like H&K ...

Just my 2cents.

I have opposit question...
    Can you ,in USA ,legely recive -import a rifle magazine from outside of USA? 20 rounder? I know there is yome restrictions regrding mag cap in some counry inside USA

Boolit Mold
    The problem with ITAR is that the way the multi-part law is written, very few people can understand it. One example is the export of pistol grips. Earlier, under ITAR regs, no one bothered regulating inert parts like grips. Now, it is a known no-no.

With scopes- the ITAR regs were supposed to regulate ONLY scopes that were developed and / or currently manufactured for the US Military (as well as civilian market) like Eotechs, Nightforce, etc. Because of this virtually all scope dealers have decided to avoid problems completely by now refusing to ship any scopes.

Many gun and gun related websites are now blocking access to their websites entirely by 'locking out" various countries IP (Internet Protocol) ranges. your IP number is like your international phone number and the procedure is easy for a network systems guy to do in about two minutes.

I'm a Yank shooter currently living in Australia and i bypass locked out US sites by making my web connection via my VPN (Virtual Private Network) settings so it appears i am residing in USA- not Au. In Au it is illegal to import ALL essential components-barrels, cylinders, slides, MAGAZINES, however we can allegedly import parts like hammers, triggers, springs, guide rods, etc. but i'm sure someone's interpretation of ITAR could change all that.

Regarding the earlier question of postage- traditionally postage is considered a component of the parts so is added into the total cost when receiving parts into a country with an import quota before duty is levied. on US Side, I Dunno if it is part of the $100 cap on exports.

There are -0- spare parts left here in Au since the 1/2 Billion Dollar gun & parts buyback in 2004. However, ALL types of .22lr ammo is available-all you can eat at or near 'old' US prices of about US$18-$30 a brick depending on quality. Plenty of powder like Win 231 but price has doubled since last year. And Winchester has built a factory here for their "White Box' ammo. But dealers kill you on the Hazmat fees a lot worse than USA.

Boolit Bub
    Hi there

I just wanted to let everybody know: After talking to the russian Molot-guys and our main importer in Germany at IWA Nürnberg 4 of 6 ordered mags have arrived for me. So 1:0 Russia versus USA !!!

Boolit Grand Master

Greetings
    I have lived here in Peru 30 years. Never,no NEVER ever ship any gun parts to Peru unless the buyer absolutely knows what is going on down here. Screws, levers or miscellaneous items that could be for any machine are OK. But those obvious gun parts (hammers, barrels, even antique frames) are not getting through customs. Bullet molds the same.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Mold
    i do not get it? no company or person, could possibly ship that much to any country to even begin to compete to what the United States government ships out to warring and genocide country's.

we as people maybe a couple large boxes.
    some companies a couple 40 ft container's.

but the feds ship whole ship loads out.

Boolit Master
    Missionary: ditto for Brazil.

"Screws, levers or miscellaneous items that could be for any machine are OK. But those obvious gun parts (hammers, barrels, even antique frames) are not getting through customs. Bullet molds the same."

I could get some "unobtainable machine parts", but no, "firearm" or "gun parts" would be a big legal hassle.

Anything gun related should have all the buyers data (like his ID copy, his CR copy (Certificado de Registro or "register certificate" issued by the army, plus the CII copy -- it's the importing permit issued by the army here).

I'm talking only real person, I don't know what the corporations/dealers have to do to import guns, parts etc. In the case of airguns up to 6mm, only the CII is needed.

Usually the buyer sends his scanned papers via email and the seller prints and packs it with the purchased goods. When they arrive, the customs open the box and tax it to 60% of receipt value, plus more annoyances to get the purchased liberated (if all is ok, it goes to the army headquarters of where the buyer lives to be picked there). Usually, it needs a third person, an agent to work all the paperwork in Brazil to get everything released.

After a lot of time and work (and taxes), the buyer may finally enjoy his purchases and post in the forums how he's fortunate to have his CR and how the army should be more restrictive so not anyone can buy what he has...

Missionary, please clarify me (via PM if the MODs think it's off topic, about gun control situation in Peru today. To my limited knowledge, the law went lax in the last few years, or am wrong?)

Thanks!

Boolit Mold
    Hello!

Is it legal to export overseas gun parts as a US citizen, when they ARE NOT "cylinders, receivers (frames), or complete breech mechanisms", and the value is not higher than $100?
    CFR § 123.17.a.1. found here https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/22/123.17
    Do this person need any registration or paper?
    I want to buy used M14 parts, from private person. Is it possible to send it via USPS?

i know this is a old post but does any one here know if it is legal to ship to canada bullet molds?
    Rick

Rick Yes you can ship bullet moulds to Canada got 2 last week.
    Ken.
    Ken.

Be nice if it was better, but it could be worse

Boolit Master
    Despite prior comments,any appropriately licensed person can import to Australia components ,including barrels,cylinders ,magazines,etc of firearms class for which a license is held,import only requiring a form from the state licensing authority,free in some states,fee in others.Said form being required for release of package from customs.In fact it is a lot easier/quicker to import items than to export similar from either Aus,or US.I might also add that while rifle ammmo is a no export from US,shotgun ammo is ok.No shotgun stuff is controlled by ITAR.All commercial US gun items are available on the market here,imported in bulk by traders,including military type scopes,and semi auto rifles.Yes, thats right,licensed persons can buy s/a rifles.

Banned - Charles1990/Eldon/Happy Warrior/Red Jackson/Henry VIII/Mr Humble
    Look at the rules on GRAF and Midway. Just follow that.

Pages and pages to say: keep your business in the USA !

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    Despite prior comments,any appropriately licensed person can import to Australia components ,including barrels,cylinders ,magazines,etc of firearms class for which a license is held,import only requiring a form from the state licensing authority,free in some states,fee in others.Said form being required for release of package from customs.In fact it is a lot easier/quicker to import items than to export similar from either Aus,or US.I might also add that while rifle ammmo is a no export from US,shotgun ammo is ok.No shotgun stuff is controlled by ITAR.All commercial US gun items are available on the market here,imported in bulk by traders,including military type scopes,and semi auto rifles.Yes, thats right,licensed persons can buy s/a rifles.
    Look at the rules on GRAF and Midway. Just follow that.

Pages and pages to say: keep your business in the USA !
    I really feel for the frustration of our armed brethren in Australia. Unfortunately, it is too much like doing any firearms business in California. It is too easy to stumble into legal trouble by accident. The licensed "bulk traders" will have to continue to carry that load. I have sold and shipped molds to Australians, but that would be as close to a "firearm item" as I would be willing to risk.

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast