Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shipping outside the US. Seller Warning.

Presses, Reloading dies, Swaging dies, Bullet molds, Non military spec optics are all fine for export.... But cases, projectiles, jackets, primers, mil spec optics, major components all require a permit... Mind you, some savvy American could make a nice easy $5000 a week business for a low cost off $2750 for the license and only charge the 3% of good plus post and a $100 transaction fee... Hint anyone....

Boolit Master
    FYI to all the "Foreigners" shipping products from Canada to other countries is perfectly legal. Things are not as cheap here as the US generally, but they are still much cheaper than most of the world.

"FYI to all the "Foreigners" shipping products from Canada to other countries is perfectly legal. Things are not as cheap here as the US generally, but they are still much cheaper than most of the world."

Yeah, I think that would be a better idea. I still want to buy from the members here because I owe this site a lot. But it seems I could be branded as a Muslim terrorist or supporting the terrorist because I'm buying pistol brass!

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

FYI, shotshell componets are exempted..............they are legal to export. Including brass shotgun shells.

RRR
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Regarding declaration of value for international shipment, I made the mistake of listing replacement cost in case of loss of the package, instead of an actual lowball estimation of value, which resulted in the receiver paying heavy Duty cost.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    This is an article on the effects of ITAR, you might all want to read it as it affects not only us foreigners, it also affects you and american companies and is set to only get worse in the long run:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B20V...1E/edit?pli=1#

Boolit Bub
    Guys, just a little balance here, others have correctly listed non-permitted exports such as loaded ammo, some brass, major firearms components - actions and barrels esp - but there are several exemptions, such as non critical parts and shipments under $100 total value. There are also much less issues with shipping to ALLIES such as Australia. For us in OZ, the problem is import restrictions more than export out of the USA. I'm sure NONE of you would export to the middle east and certain other countries regardless...

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by jpatm2 View Post
    It just means that a company has to get a license to ship the products to you. I inquired about it and if I remember correctly, it cost upwards of $800.
    $2250 per year.

Quote Originally Posted by kend View Post
    $2250 per year.
    That's why the requests from New Zealand, Australia, Italy, Canada and a few others, gets the "Sorry, USA only" message on this seeming harmless Mosin rifle part:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mosin post closeup.jpg 
Views:	579 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	61562
    It's a 3/4" tall front sight post that solves the high point of impact issues that many Mosins have.

Boolit Mold
    What about rubber grips for a revolver? Hogue doesn't sell their X-frame grips directly, they are available just in S&W online store (which doesn't ship outside U.S.).

Do you think my aunt who lives in the U.S. would have any problems if she forwarded the rubber grip to me? (EU)

Thanks.

Boolit Buddy
    i don't think they have any problem, for us only for the barrel,slide ,frame,magazine the customs may be nervous.

Boolit Mold
    merci, I think the same, nobody is going to start a war with rubber grip but one never knows what can be included in the list of gun parts.

Boolit Master
    i had someone ask me to ship brass to europe today, nooooo way. not risking my freedom. i noticed that recoil springs are classified as "munitions" and will not be shipped internationally. strange

Quote Originally Posted by khmer6 View Post
    i had someone ask me to ship brass to europe today, nooooo way. not risking my freedom. i noticed that recoil springs are classified as "munitions" and will not be shipped internationally. strange
    Part of a weapon system that can be used to wage war. Same as a front sight, that I posted. A can of wood finish, for example, is not critical to the operation of a weapon. But lube, made specifically for a weapon system, would make me pucker if asked to send outside the 50.
    Last edited by johnnybar; 02-21-2013 at 04:00 AM.

Boolit Mold
    I see ... IMO generally what is not available for international transport in online stores shouldn't be sent by an individual either. It seems so to me.

Boolit Master
    Whistler,
    Can you explain the factors that result in a locally produced item in Sweden having such an inflated cost compared to the same item that has to be shipped trans-Alantic before it can be markets at a much lower cost in the US. Do you have ad valorum taxes, excessive retail marketing costs or what that creates such difference between the actual cost to manufacture and the purchase price. The reason I ask I once worked as a value engineer. I can accurately estimate the cost to manufacture any product so it is easy to attack a company's selling cost when it is inflated with excessive markup.

Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    I've even had trouble buying things made in Sweden from the US.
    It is strange, we make the product, export it to the US and cannot import it back because of US terrorist regulations. Make you cringe.
    You would be amazed of the amount of modern utilities and supplies that you guys use daily in the US that are made in the nordic countries (Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway). How many of you own a Husqvarna chainsaw or lawn mower for example? I've had an American fellow at a dinner say it was one of the best American brands he knew. Guess what, this dinner was in my home town, 5 miles from our suburb Husqvarna were this stuff is made.

Back to topic... Why would you go about reimporting? Price and availability of course. Stuff that cost $200 in the US cost $5-600 in Sweden. Buying the same item second hand for $150 saves you $450 on one single item. Of course we "try" to buy, but I am really tired of the rude remarks and replies us "foreigners" get from some of the members on this site. Some of us try to keep an eye on current export/import regulations, but a lot of time the seller is the one who's ignorant and it does not feel very friendly to be accused of trying to coerce the seller into crime and especially not because of "terrorist" actions.

I'll stick to group buys only from now on. I'm tired of the attitude in Swappin & Sellin. I will stop to offer stuff for sale, but knowing myself I will probably not be able to pass up a good deal should I find a friendly seller who's read up on the "export list of the day".

Scopes of non military application have been released from regulation, just so you know, free to export/import just as you like.
    EDG

Boolit Buddy
    not for the springs ,order to WOLF this month just for outside you must have less than 100 us and more than 22 , shipping is 19
    i have take an set for an s&w 5906 and some others , came in 2 weeks ,nothing from the customs.

No longer living in the High Country, Australia, a lowlander now.
    Most company's in America will sell outside of the USofA, its just the ill-informed ones that refuse to.

Its especially galling when sellers refuse sales expounding the terrorist security risk of selling internationally when our own troops are standing alongside your own & have been for many decades .

Enough said!

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too."

Boolit Mold
    Interresting discussion!, I love the phrase ”used to wage war”! If you know your history, maybe it should be the other way around? Maybe the rest of the world should put restrictions on US import instead of export?
    Just a mind opener…

Anyway, in my humble opinion, our community is served best by keeping the market as global as possible, still of course within the legal limits! I think that we have some good contributions from the European side as well, and I know for a fact that I don’t want to be without parts and supplies from some US companies.

I just think that we shouldn't limit trade more than necessary from a legal perspective!

Quote Originally Posted by HDS View Post
    So much for free trade...
    Oh its ok if we wanta send down a donation though. The gate valve is still open that direction. Actually even if you don't want to you may find it come off your C card

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast