Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Gun Show, 1903 Springfields

Boolit Buddy

Gun Show, 1903 Springfields

Went to a medium size gun show yesterday in Tulsa. Was looking for a 1903 Springfield to shoot in Military bolt action matches. I knew they were getting high in price, but did not anticipate how high they have gotten. A Remington 1903A3 made in 1942 was priced at $1399. This rifle was in probably 60% condition. Cheapest 1903 I saw was $995 and it was missing the rear sight and had a cracked stock at the wrist. Then to add insult to injury, admission price for the show was $15.

Only worthwhile find in the show, was one sellar who had a large selection of wooden cigar boxes which were large enough to turn into cartridge boxes. Found one box which looks to be made from ebony and will make a very handsome cartridge box when I get a wooden insert made for it.

Boolit Master

The masks they were wearing should have been a dead give away. Springfields around here are in the $700-$900 price range for average condition...Ray
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

Boolit Master
    Dragoon, where are you going to shoot Mil Bolt matches? Oil Capital is 2nd Saturday every month. We are also having a Swap Meet some time in March. You might check there or with the folks who shoot the match. Expect to pay $700 or more for a serviceable 03A3. In fact, I may have one that I might let go. Maybe.
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I never heard back from the guy I offered 11/43 2 groove Remmy w/the sportered stock for $300. it was just 6 mo.ago.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

In Remembrance
    It wouldn't do for a military shoot, but there was a very nice sporterized 03 at the gun show here for 350. I see the advertised from 250 to 450 once in a while here.

Boolit Grand Master
    I was at the Tulsa show in Nov. and saw a nice two groove Rem. for $699. Went back to ge it about an hour later and it was $999 for the same gun

Longwood
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    I was at the Tulsa show in Nov. and saw a nice two groove Rem. for $699. Went back to ge it about an hour later and it was $999 for the same gun
    You need to get there before the reasonable sellers see how bad everyone else is hopeing to rip people for.
    I would have gone back to see if he came to his senses just before closeing.
    I saved $200 on a Thunderbolt that I bought at a show last year by waitin til closin time.

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range GARCIA's Avatar
    Someone looking for a 1903a3?

Tom

Boolit Buddy

We have Military Bolt Action Matches at Red Castle. With the prices they are asking for 1903's I will probably wait a while before buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by sundog View Post
    Dragoon, where are you going to shoot Mil Bolt matches? Oil Capital is 2nd Saturday every month. We are also having a Swap Meet some time in March. You might check there or with the folks who shoot the match. Expect to pay $700 or more for a serviceable 03A3. In fact, I may have one that I might let go. Maybe.

Boolit Grand Master

I have a military stock to return that sporter back to original if no other changes have been made.
    It is sanded enough to remove the marking but would be great for a shooter.

that's why I'm shooting my ole russian rifle. but I've traded for a enfield . hope to start using it some day.