Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionLoad DataWidenersRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: MiHec 22 Nato brass four cavity solid

Boolit Buddy
    Got mine too, but haven't had a chance to fire it up. It is a beauty though!

Boolit Master
    Well I missed the female man or I would have had mine today too. I understand the reasons for it, but I absolutely hate signature delivery. The mail always runs before I get home from work and the post office closes the same time I get out of work.

Luckily tomorrow is my day off so I know where I'll be first thing in the morning.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailer View Post
    Well I missed the female man or...
    Huh? Lol

Boolit Master

My mailman just left mine on the front porch with the other packages. Looks great, as usual.

Boolit Buddy
    Ditto the above, a thing of beauty! I slept with it under my pillow last night, since I wasn't able to cast with it yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Boolit Buddy
    This is my first brass and my first Miha mold. It's definitely a thing of beauty. Got mine yesterday. I'm going to fire it up this weekend and see how it casts.... though I did notice that my pins are sticking a bit. Will this work itself out when it heats up?

Cheers!
    _coder

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.” - William Pitt

I got mine and its bea-utiful.....

The wife got very Jealous when i took it out of the package.

I had to give a 3 minute speech to her of the importance of this mold in the man cave. She said whatever... Maybe i now have to buy her something pretty and gold. lol
    High Hook

Boolit Master
    Got mine today as well. Very nice!

I got the USPS "attempted to deliver" notice yesterday. It is waiting at the PO for pickup and signature confirmation. I hope to drop some alloy into it and my 22 Bator molds this weekend.
    --
    Mark
    Glendale, AZ

NRA Life Member
    ASRPA Life Member

Thompson Center Contender Pistol Barrels in:
    .22LR - .22 Hornet - .22 K-Hornet- .223 Rem - .270 REN - 7MM TCU - 7-30 Waters - .30-30 Win - .30 Herrett - .32-20 Win - .357 Magnum - .357 Herrett - .35 Rem - .375 Winchester - .44 Magnum - .444 Marlin - .45-70 Govt

Thompson Center Contender Pistol Barrels Wanting:
    .17 Mach - .22 Jet - .256 Win Mag - 6MM TCU - .30 Carbine

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Shoot, I even got some hometown newspaper with my mould. I cain't read it, but I can look at the pitcher's!
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

This is my first brass mold. Any tips from those of you those that have used these mold before?
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master
    Brass molds like to be run hot. Pre heat at a slightly higher temperature and keep your casting pace brisk and you should be fine. If the mold gets too cool, leave a bigger sprue puddle to add heat. If that doesn't work add a little temp to your melt.

Only add heat to the melt if nothing else works. A too hot melt tends to cause finning which can cause lead buildup on the face of the mold.

Boolit Master

Thanks for the info Jailer, I will be trying out this mold this weekend.
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master
    Got mine all cleaned and installed on the handles ready to go.

So any ideas on what the sprue lube is that Miha includes with the molds now?

ETA: Judjing by the size of this mold I bet you could get a 6 cavity mold of this design out of 4 cavity blocks pretty easy.

Just food for thought.
    Last edited by Jailer; 05-25-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Oh WOW!!!

I picked mine up from the Post Office today. When I opened the package I giggled a little bit (don't tell anyone that part). It is a thing of beauty, almost to the point where I don't want to use it. MiHec is an artist and a craftsman. Well done, well done. While this is my first mould from MiHec and I have not dropped a single bullet form this mould, I can tell you just from the quality I've seen, this will not be my last mould from MiHec. Casting with this beauty will be a pleasure. My Mini-14 is going to see a lot more use now.

Now how about a group buy on 22 cal gas checks.
    --
    Mark
    Glendale, AZ

NRA Life Member
    ASRPA Life Member

Thompson Center Contender Pistol Barrels in:
    .22LR - .22 Hornet - .22 K-Hornet- .223 Rem - .270 REN - 7MM TCU - 7-30 Waters - .30-30 Win - .30 Herrett - .32-20 Win - .357 Magnum - .357 Herrett - .35 Rem - .375 Winchester - .44 Magnum - .444 Marlin - .45-70 Govt

Thompson Center Contender Pistol Barrels Wanting:
    .17 Mach - .22 Jet - .256 Win Mag - 6MM TCU - .30 Carbine

Boolit Master

Talking

Recieved mine today. Thank You! Mihec

Boolit Master
    The machining really is impeccable. The fit and form all the very definition of perfection.

Boolit Master
    Anybody else get a mold that's casting oversize? Mine are dropping consistently at .230 and I can't get a gas check to seat on it to save my life.

No finning and not a bit of light shining through the mold either so that's not the problem. No flashing on the base either so that's not causing them to not seat.

I'm stumped.

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Folks-
    I've got reports of oversize castings. These weren't supposed to cast over 0.227". The original test molds thru boolits at 0.2265" for me. Miha has asked me to confirm if my GB mold (the same one as yours, not the original test mold) does the same as yours. I will try to do that tomorrow.... early as its quite hot here. Lets see what happens then.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jailer View Post
    Anybody else get a mold that's casting oversize? Mine are dropping consistently at .230 and I can't get a gas check to seat on it to save my life.

No finning and not a bit of light shining through the mold either so that's not the problem. No flashing on the base either so that's not causing them to not seat.

I'm stumped.
    I'm in the same boat. My base where the gas check is supposed to go is about 217-218. I can't fit the gas checks I have either. They are about 213-214.

I'm using 10-1 WW to Lino. Hardness is at 23-24.

Haven't tried seating the gas check on with my Lyman 4500, still waiting for a sizer.

The mold worked great, I didn't have any problems with my casting this morning.

Puzzled as well.......

Benjamin Franklin

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast