Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionWideners
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: 9MM Bevel Base NOE GB Results

Boolit Buddy
    Winchester, VA, but I'm from the better Virginia...WEST Virginia

Thumbs up 9MM Bevel Base NOE GB Results

Someone had to start it...

First attempt at casting:

I'll try to post information gleaned later, as I'm making my wife late to my own detriment! (couldn't help getting a pic up quick though...)

Banned

awesome picture.

I cast with my 10C and it is awesome, makes a big pile fast.

Boolit Buddy
    Winchester, VA, but I'm from the better Virginia...WEST Virginia
    Glad you like it Blammer, it took a bloody long time for me to remember how to take make my camera do my bidding... probably longer than it took to figure out how to make that NOE happy.

Got a picture of that pile and mold? My eyes don't believe that anything bigger than a 6 cav even exists yet

For you other RG4 users: I found that my mold was much more content if I cut the sprue then set the bottom of the mold down on my bullet landing towel to open it. This way it held the pins to the right side of the mold. Then hold it open and turn it counter clockwise to allow the pins and bullets to pop to the left side. Once they are all out, keep turning the mold counter clockwise all the way until upside down and jiggle a little, or lightly tap the mold hinge. Honestly gyrating slightly so that gravity is pulling them a little bit left/right/back/forward really seemed to work when they wouldn't just jump off. If bullets wouldn't drop after about 2-7 seconds, then I would lightly flame the pins with a torch and the bullets always fell. (2ish seconds moving around) To close it I would rock it back around (still open) clockwise until the pins fell back into the right side, then with the right side down and left up I would gently close the mold halves together and then the sprue. Once I figured this out, and got the mold hotter than [fill in blank with hot things]. I found it easier to cast with than my Lee 6 cavs.

These molds definitely have their own personalities, and I'm glad I read about others having to learn about them first or I might have been frustrated. I almost got frustrated the first 15 minutes, I was half expecting expecting perfect bullets to jump out, sized and lubed , and offering to cook me dinner, but then I remembered what I read and was determined to learn my mold. Once learned it was a real pleasure to create a pile with.

Hope those directions are somewhat coherent, I just got off my second night of 13 hr clinical rotations. I was hoping to post my experiences with pictures... I guess I'll try and add some later.

How's everyone else fairing?

Banned

well the boolits are about the place now and the camera needs to be found again. I'll try to get a pic next time I run with it. Should be soon.

Boolit Master

9MM Bevel Base NOE GB Results

This is a super mold; fast becoming one of my favorites.

Since this bullet falls out almost perfectly at .358; I'm loading them into .38 Special cases over a small charge of Bullseye, or Unique. Good HP bullet for almost anything .356-358. I'd really like to try this bullet in the 357 Sig round.

Still a great mold. Super job Al! Thanks.

HV

Weight of bullet ? What alloy you using..Looks really nice

Boolit Buddy
    I don't have a 9mm to try these in at present may have a Browning Hi Power lined up soon,
    So I have been shooting them in my 586 6" with 7.5 grains of Universal mainly shooting IPSC
    club matches and hunting water jugs the hollow point works well, shot some Silhouette field pistol
    shot the chickens pigs and turkeys ok couldn't see the rams well enough,
    So far shot just over 300 rounds no leading at all, lead mix is wheel weights with 1% tin lubed with
    White label Carnauba red velocity is around 1250fps, will try some 2400 when it becomes available
    here again the 586 is fond of it. Robert.

So...what weight mold droping bullets with that alloy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooternz View Post
    I don't have a 9mm to try these in at present may have a Browning Hi Power lined up soon,
    So I have been shooting them in my 586 6" with 7.5 grains of Universal mainly shooting IPSC
    club matches and hunting water jugs the hollow point works well, shot some Silhouette field pistol
    shot the chickens pigs and turkeys ok couldn't see the rams well enough,
    So far shot just over 300 rounds no leading at all, lead mix is wheel weights with 1% tin lubed with
    White label Carnauba red velocity is around 1250fps, will try some 2400 when it becomes available
    here again the 586 is fond of it. Robert.

Boolit Buddy
    Hi Balta, my molds are dropping the HP at 135gr and FP at 140gr I haven't shot the FP much yet,
    the WW's down here seem to have a higher lead content than the US WW most of my moulds cast a little heavier than what they are suppose to,
    I used to separate the COWW from the SOWW but now I mix them and add some solder if it doesn't flow well usually 1/2 a stick of 50/50 to 20LBs does the trick. Robert.
    Last edited by Shooternz; 09-18-2013 at 06:19 PM. Reason: didn't look pretty

Well i didnt get this mold at GB and its not HP but..its NOE!! I cast some ,its litle different from molds i usually use (MP and Lee) but it cast nice boolits.And i really like the design of this 9 mm! But...when i try to reload some i notice that i need to have COL of 1.09 inch to provide that lube grove is inside the case and i need to seat at COL 1.07 to provide that bullet dont hit the rifling of my 75SP01 when chambered.This COLs ar way under my standard and i don't feel comfortable whit this COL. Any expereince, suggestions will be much appreciate..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0275.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	83771Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0276.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	83772