Load DataWidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Another K38 Target

Another K38 Target

Picked it up today and after a good clean, it came up like a new one. Some slight wear at the muzzle but nothing to worry about. This K has had very little work. The barrel is next to perfect. It came with holster, 18 speed loaders and a bunch of cleaning gear for the princely sum of AU$500.00, quite a bargain if you know the Australian gun trade.

With a bit of luck I will get to the range on Wednesday and see how it shoots at 25 metres. I will be a bit peeved if it dosen't shoot as well as Buckshots.
    Last edited by Ron; 03-19-2009 at 02:38 AM.
    Ron.

FESTINA LENTE

Boolit Grand Master
    Ron--

That one looks range-ready as it sits, and set up well with the Pachmayrs in place. I do like neoprene grips.

18 speed loaders?! THAT does away with the need for a "wadcutter tray", doesn't it? Enjoy that critter, sir.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    I've got quite a few K-frame S&W's, and I'll be very surprised if it won't shoot around 1" at 25 yds. with ammo it likes. ( 2.7 grs. Bullseye with a 148 wadcutter is a good start). I have a 6" mod. 14 too. Good luck wearing it out!

Boolit Buddy
    A fine and accurate revolver.....mine is as accurate a handgun as could be hoped, also making it a great field gun for small to medium game......much handier than modern full-underlug long barreled guns....looking forward to shooting results.....

Banned

your going to love it. Theres probably not a gun made that is more fun to spend time at the range with then a smith 38

Boolit Master
    It seems everyone who has one loves it, himself included.

Keep us posted on range results.

Enjoy it.
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Thanks for your comments guys. I won't be able to get to the range on Wednesday as thought. A very good friend of mine passed away over the weekend. He was 94 years of age and will be sadly missed by all who knew him.

I will get to the range on Friday and if possible post resulting target over next weekend. I am really looking forward to some fun times with this and if all goes well may even use it in the Australian Police and Services Championships in Brisbane in July.
    Ron.

FESTINA LENTE

Sorry to hear of the passing orf your friend Ron. Sounds like he had a long and full life. Fire a string in his memory on Friday. The K-38 is something special -- a suitable way to remember a good friend.
    Glen

Super Moderator

..................Great getting that K38. If I had gotten mine years before I did, I might have developed a different attitude about pistols . About all I used one for before was to carry when we went riding or to crack walnuts

I do so LOVE my K38!

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance