RepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Wideners Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ballisti-Cast H&G 34 4 Cavity Group Buy

Boolit Buddy

Ballisti-Cast H&G 34 4 Cavity Group Buy

ok i talked to a person from ballisticast on doing a group buy through them for a H&G 34 model in plain base or bevel base , in .452 or .454 , i wanted to know about priceing and this is what i got back in an email

IM IN !!!

"Hi,

We would definitely be interested in it. Currently we could only offer it in a plain base or bevel base (no hollow points or gas checks) as that's all I have the cutters for. I had wanted to wait until we got our Big CNC mill running to do a group buy so we could offer hollow points, gas checks, and either brass or aluminum as options too, but that is still a ways out yet. As far as pricing, with at least 10 people we could do $80 for a 2 cavity, $120 for a 4 cavity, and $200 for a 6 cavity, all made of iron. I would be able to make the molds custom to fit .451-.454 size dies based on the alloy of lead of each individual. Our molds work with either Ballisti-Cast/H&G handles or RCBS, and others can be modified to make work too. Let me know what you think. I have pictures of the molds and could make a drawing of the bullet design no problem.

Thanks,
    Mike Sand
    Ballisti-Cast"

WHO ELSE IS IN ?
    Last edited by Thinktwicez71; 02-22-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Boolit Master
    Don't mean to rain on the parade, but I would rather have Miha make it. For a few bucks more it would be brass with HP and his quality is no slouch. Not to mention he is taking a risk by making group buy molds his full time job.
    Need advice fixing a coleman appliance? Maybe I can help!

Here are the drawings and models of the bullets.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	634 45 CAL RN PB 230ge.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	41225

Name:	634 45 CAL RN BB 230ge.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	41227

Name:	634 45 CAL RN PB 230gr.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	41226
    They will be cut using the original H&G cherry cutters. I will make them to fit your alloy type and can do diameters of .451 to .454. I make the molds so they drop a bullet .0015" to .0025" over the size of the sizing die. Cavities in the same mold and between molds if you order more then one are cut to a diameter tolerance of +/-.0002". The weight listed for the bullet is the approximate weight in wheel weights. The bevel base bullets are generally a few grains over weight and there's not much I can do about it without removing a substantial amount of the bevel on the mold. I also can make molds to fit Magma or Ballisti-Cast casting machines for an additional $10 a piece.

Name:	Hand Cast Molds and Handles.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	41228
    Here are pictures of our 2, 4, and 6 cavity molds. The only difference between original H&G molds and Ballisti-Cast molds besides the name is our molds have hardened conical alignment pins instead of rounded dowel pins which we believe was about the only improvement that could be made on the original H&G design.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dschuttig View Post
    Don't mean to rain on the parade, but I would rather have Miha make it. For a few bucks more it would be brass with HP and his quality is no slouch. Not to mention he is taking a risk by making group buy molds his full time job.
    Dude, seriously? It's very rude to come into a thread about one vendor and start pushing for another (as much as I love Miha's work). Start a group buy, then.
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

Boolit Buddy

Hope we can get this going... I will take two (2) of the H&G 6-Cav BB

For the pricing, I meant 10 molds and not 10 people. If we can hit 25 molds, the price would be reduced by an additional $5 per mold. Also handles would be $45 for a set of two or four cavity handles and $53 for 6 cavity ($5 off the prices on our website). Shipping is $10 for a mold without handles and $13 for a mold with handles. International shipping would be through DHL and priced on an individual basis, but we get a substantial discount so it's still very reasonable. Production would be either late April or May.

Boolit Mold
    I'll get 2-4cavity with h&g handles

Boolit Buddy
    There is a separate miha thread for this mold , i made 2 so people could choose

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
    Dude, seriously? It's very rude to come into a thread about one vendor and start pushing for another (as much as I love Miha's work). Start a group buy, then.
    Dude seriously maybe you should read more... The original post was for the same mold made by Miha and there was some discussion about both vendors. Before you post degrading comments get with the program.

Boolit Buddy
    Dude seriously maybe you should read more... The original post was for the same mold made by Miha and there was some discussion about both vendors. Before you post degrading comments get with the program.
    Maybee before u say something like that u should make sure you posted in the same thread, i made a miha hg34 thread , which u posted in , and i also made this ballisticast one , You are in the wrong one. The miha hg 34 one is located here . http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=144014 have a good day

Boolit Master
    So, you started two seperate threads for the same mold, by two different vendors. I would like to point out that the first thread someone mentioned having ballista-cast do the mold. That's fine. Why aren't you giving him a hard time over suggesting ballista-cast in a thread about a Mihec mold? My reason behind saying that I was interested in Miha's mold was that Ballistacast doesn't do Cramer stuff yet and I've got enough 45 RN molds to last forever, but wanted a cramer type HP so I could get away from the Lyman devestator single cav takes forever mold. . But whatever. Please remove me from interest in either. Thanks, Dan
    Last edited by Dschuttig; 02-22-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Boolit Master
    If Ballisticast is interested in doing a group buy, then I'd be interested in providing them with an order.
    Bob

Boolit Master
    I would be interested in a 4 cavity mould with handles. .453 in WW with plain base, please.

Thanks,
    Doc

Ditto on the
    4 cavity mould with handles. .453 in WW with plain base

Boolit Buddy
    Kool keep em comming were up to 8

Boolit Master

h&g 34

if things calm down i would be interested in a 2 cav, i would like to give ballisti-cast a chance. when they get going with hp's - aluminun and brass with gas check options i think they will have a lot of group buys to do. it might even reduce the long waiting list to get a mold. i welcome ballisti-cast to our forum.

skimmerhead
    Cheap things are not good and Good Thing's Are Not Cheap

the worst part of getting old; is remembering when you were young

Boolit Master
    I would like to say that while I am not interested in this particular design, I am really glad Ballisti-Cast are coming here and starting group buys.

We have had aluminium and brass molds here, but so far I haven't seen any iron molds and I think Ballisti-Cast can fill that void.

I will be keeping an eye on future buys with Ballisti-Cast and see if there will come some design that catches my fancy, I really want an iron mould of some kind.

To: Ballisti-Cast H&G 34

I'd like four two cavity molds in machine casting design for the Magma machines.
    Realize the price may be different. Your catalogue price for the machine cast molds. Just cut me four while you are running this buy.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyM View Post
    To: Ballisti-Cast H&G 34

I'd like four two cavity molds in machine casting design for the Magma machines.
    Realize the price may be different. Your catalogue price for the machine cast molds. Just cut me four while you are running this buy.
    Auto-Cast molds are an extra $10 each so either $85 or $90 depending on if we hit 25 molds for the buy or not.

The cut off date to sign up for the group buy is Sunday, April 22nd. I will then email out invoices and you will have until May 4th to get payments in (either credit card, paypal, or check). Production will begin the second week of May and I'll be able to get the molds shipped out soon after.

Boolit Master
    I do not need this one but look forward to your future offerings and welcome your participation.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast