MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
RepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: Saeco 294441 Mold

Boolit Bub

Saeco 294441 Mold

Picked one of these up Sat. Looks to be Saeco's version of the Keith bullet. The screw holding the mold block and sprue plate was broken off, but was easily extracted and replaced. Got it with handles and box for $50, so don't think I did too bad.

This is my first Saeco mold. Does anyone have any advice? Anything to know about this mold or bullet? Plan on using it in 44mag and Special.

Boolit Master

Sure that's not a 294421???? I didn't see a 294441 listed. If that's the number, treat it like a Keith 429421 and keep on shooting./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for the reply..That is the number marked on the box...can't find a reference to it anywhere...but the sprue plate is marked 441..this is a 4 hole mold, maybe the 4441 designates 4 cavity?This appears to be the 441 bullet.
    I am wondering if the # on my box designates a particular mold, sold with a set of handles? The box is big enough to accomodate both.

Anyone who can interpret Saeco #'s has a better crystal ball than I do.

Not sure this dates anything, but the box is lined with newspaper dating from 1980.

Boolit Master
    Get the lead hot, an the molda little less hot an go to town casting.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmall View Post
    Picked one of these up Sat. Looks to be Saeco's version of the Keith bullet. The screw holding the mold block and sprue plate was broken off, but was easily extracted and replaced. Got it with handles and box for $50, so don't think I did too bad.

This is my first Saeco mold. Does anyone have any advice? Anything to know about this mold or bullet? Plan on using it in 44mag and Special.
    I have the Saeco 441 mould that I think you are referencing. It is listed as such in my copy of a Saeco catalog and is "billed" as a "standard weight 44 mag Keith style" bullet. The catalog also shows it as a 240g SWC.
    Mine casts beautifully and renders boolits that mic in the .433 to .434 diameter as cast with WW+1%tin. I recently loaded a bunch up with 17g of WC820, but I'm waiting for better weather out here to bench rest and chrono them.
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Master

If it looks like a Keith and weights 240+/- a few grains and measures .429" or bigger, shoot it like a Keith.

Yeah, Saeco's numbering system is not near as user friendly as the other manufacturer's numbers./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by beagle View Post
    If it looks like a Keith and weights 240+/- a few grains and measures .429" or bigger, shoot it like a Keith.

Yeah, Saeco's numbering system is not near as user friendly as the other manufacturer's numbers./beagle
    l know this is an old thread. l also have a SAECO 294441 in factory box. Written on end of box it says. ''44/240 SWC KEITH''