Quote Originally Posted by mvozz View Post
Trail Boss is one of my favorite powders. 30-30, 357, 44 mag 45-70 even 22 Hornet. I hated how dirty my brass came out due to the low pressure of Unique loads. The ability to have high pressure and low velocity keeps my brass cleaner and has my 5'2" wife loving plinking with the 30-30. 14 grains behind a 405 gr boolit in the 45-70 puts down deer in a hurry but is very easy on the shoulder. Do I use other powders? Yes but few are as fun to shoot. I shoot more for the fun of it rather than long range accuracy and bragging rights. A big container of 30-30 rounds loaded with Trail Boss, a dueling tree at 50 yards, two 30-30s and two friends is almost too fun to be legal! I found a Sportsman's Warehouse with an 8lb jug on sale for $99. I bought it and a week later they had another one, now I have 2!!
I didn't know TB came in 8-pound jugs

When this thread started and I posted, about 9 years ago to the date, I purchased two 5-pound containers

The canisters that looks like they should be one pound-containers are only 9 ounces--tricky

Maybe that has all changed

I still have 6-7 pounds of the original stuff of 9 years ago

Good-Luck...BCB