Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new cleaning and annealing set-up!

Boolit Master

My new cleaning and annealing set-up!

I am just pleased as punch with my new Stainless Tumbling Media brass cleaning and Ballistic Edge Model 400 annealing set-up. I just finished cleaning and annealing a bunch of 308, 30-06, and 303 British brass. Check out the results:

Dirty 25-06 on the left, cleaned and annealed 308 on the right:

The nicest benefit of the STM brass cleaning method is CLEAN PRIMER POCKETS!:

A pile of 223 in a before and after pile:

This is of particular interest to us 303 British guys, as our rear locking lug actions are particularly hard on brass (even though I neck size with my Lee Collet die). I love the fact that the annealed cases will all have the same neck tension now, and that contributes to greater accuracy (Colonel Townsend Whelen would love this machine )
    If anyone is interested in having their brass cleaned and/or annealed, shoot me a PM for details.

Thrilled,

Kevin
    Last edited by rvpilot76; 02-19-2012 at 01:09 AM.
    History will record, with the greatest astonishment, that those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

The problem with Liberals is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so.

- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Photobucket is the pits. Please post here on the forum direct.

Boolit Master
    I understand Photobucket is offline for the moment. I can't upload the pics from my computer, as the file is too large. Sorry fellas.

Kevin
    History will record, with the greatest astonishment, that those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

The problem with Liberals is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so.

- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    I'm having no problem seeing them; is anyone else having problems?

- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

Just the photobucket "moved or deleted" logo. No pics.

A useful link...
    http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Boolit Master
    Did some account organization after I posted. The links should work now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kevin

- Ronald Reagan

Where are the pictures of the annealing apparatus ?
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

I also have a Ballistic Edge and leave .308 brass in the flames for 6-seconds; how about you?
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    Where are the pictures of the annealing apparatus ?
    Looks to me like Kevin bought this annealing unit shown here:
    Ballistic Edge 400

I'm curious about the brass cleaning setup...
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_G View Post
    Looks to me like Kevin bought this annealing unit shown here:
    Ballistic Edge 400

I'm curious about the brass cleaning setup...
    That's the one Matt!

Kevin

- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rohrer View Post
    I also have a Ballistic Edge and leave .308 brass in the flames for 6-seconds; how about you?
    My Model 400's rate of dwell is fixed with the turntable speed. You adjust the amount of annealing with torch heat.

Kevin

- Ronald Reagan

Whoooweee! I'd have to be doing thousands of pieces a week for sale on Gunbroker to justify $500 USD. Poor guys like me will just have to keep using a deep socket and a power screwdriver.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    I'll offer the cleaning and annealing service to you guys for .10 a piece. It takes me approximately 3 hours to clean and anneal 200 medium-sized cases.

Kevin

- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Very nice job! Brass looks brand new.

take care,

r1kk1

Boolit Master
    What Stainless media are you using.............Your cases look great!
    Roy B
    Massachusetts

www.rvbprecision.com

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rbertalotto View Post
    What Stainless media are you using.............Your cases look great!
    Thanks! I use the stainless steel pins that came in the kit. They won't work in a vibratory, and are for use in a wet-wash media setup. The other side benefit of this system is that there is ZERO residue on the case to wear your dies or chamber, which is a factor in corncob or walnut media (with or without an additive).

Kevin

- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Ok, I have the 360, so I set the dwell time rather than torch temp.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rohrer View Post
    Ok, I have the 360, so I set the dwell time rather than torch temp.
    Figured you did. Total time on mine is about 12 seconds or so, but the case only sees one torch flame at a time.

Kevin

- Ronald Reagan

Moderator Emeritus
    Kevin,

What causes the cases to rotate in the hole? Is it just the movement of the wheel?

Thanks,
    John

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by garandsrus View Post
    Kevin,

What causes the cases to rotate in the hole? Is it just the movement of the wheel?

Thanks,
    John
    The casehead only makes contact on the outer part of the wheel. With only partial contact on the casehead, it naturally spins.

Kevin

- Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast