Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
RepackboxLoad DataSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCI's Blazer Ammo

Boolit Master
    I wondered about the CCI Fedreal connection we got a case from federal for our 4H shooting sports , as a donation , they were in black plastic boxes of 250 loose the outside said fedral and that they were rejects , but the inside said CCI and they shot great they cycle in everyone's guns , and they would clear a row of 100 meter rams if you did your part.

made me think about getting one of those tools to make flat points out of them for small game hunting , but i usually just use the CCI stingers for that any way.

i just purchased some , around here they seem to come in the 500 packs with the milk white trays

Boolit Buddy

My club has used Blazer for years in its NRA rifle and pistol classes. It has always been accurate but there have been intervals when function was problematic. We would often have 10-20 misfires per brick. Lately, it has performed flawlessly. This makes me think quality control checks have been a variable.

The blazer ammo on the left (zip flap box) with the white shell holder with legs is ammo made by Federal. Federal uses the zip flap boxes & shell holder with legs for their 22 ammo line. CCI tuck in flap (right) with a clear plastic flat shell holder, typical CCI packing.

[IMG][/IMG]

The difference in the 2 bullets/ bullet designs. The Federal bullet (left) is lighter, a more silver look. The CCI is darker, I’m assuming from graphite? The bullet designs/driving bands are different and will fit the leads of the rifle chamber different causing a difference in accuracy.

I find Blazer ammo to be an exceptional value & is becoming my go to plinking ammo. I own several different rimfires & have found that some of them will shoot one type/style of Blazers better than the other.

Thanks for the replies guys I have since than shot 200 more rounds and haven't seen a problem since out of my model 60. Wow Forrest that was a nice post love the pictures
    A Poacher Is A Thief... And We Are The Victim.

Thank you but I borrowed those pictures from another website. Enjoy the blazer ammo, their an excellent value.

Boolit Master
    I bought 5k rounds of CCI Blazer. Mine is the stuff made by CCI. I hate it. It's dirty, my .22lrs don't like it and I find it very inaccurate. Maybe I got a bad batch, but I'll spend the extra money and bulk up on Federal Automatch AM22 .22lr next time.
    Who keeps not his arms in times of peace, Will have no arms in times of war.
    -Gaelic Proverb

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jason30-30 View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys I have since than shot 200 more rounds and haven't seen a problem since out of my model 60. Wow Forrest that was a nice post love the pictures
    If you haven't already, tear that M60 down and give it a good cleaning. They get mighty grubby after a brick or so. There are some good youtube videos if you don't know how to remove the little "hammer assembly block" (don't know the actual term).

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    I tried some many years ago in my .44 mag Desert Eagle. Jammed on every shot. Just didn't have the ummmf to function the slide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    You must have been limp wristing it.
    Is it possible to limp wrist a pistol if the slide is driven back by a gas piston?
    IMO lack of "ummmf" sounds right, if the gun worked with other ammo brands.

I've been playing with techniques to "improve" bulk ammo. Like I need another project, but there it is.

So, I found a 550 bulk pack of Blazer with a "K" lot number at a gun show last weekend, and spent some time last night weight-sorting it. OK, OK, I know, but process control was a large part of my career before I retired, and I just can't give it up. Ay least I gave up smoking!

This Blazer lot sorts out weight-wise better than other cheapies, like Remington variants, a little better than CCI Standard Velocity, and better than any Federal ammo I've evaluated yet. By better I mean more cartridges fall close to the mean, and many fewer outliers that deviate a whole grain or more.

Match ammo it ain't, but the numbers on the weight graph look as if there may be something to it. Now to try it out in a few rifles, if the wind around here ever dies down again.
    Cognitive Dissident

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12