MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: 45 ACP from Accurate Molds

45 ACP from Accurate Molds

I received another one of Tom's beautiful molds today for the 45-230M 45 ACP -a RN 230 gr variety in brass and three at a time which seems to be a good size for me. The weather was so good it was perfect timing to go out in the garage and knock out a few hundred. As always, boolits dropped from the mold well and they came out looking good. I wish it had gotten here a couple days ago I could have loaded some up for the trip to the range this morning but, there will be another time.

NRA Patron Member

Kids Are For People That Can't Have Dogs

That is a nice boolit for .45 ACP and should work well. Let us know how it performs when you get it to the range.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NAHC Life Member
    TSRA Life Member

Unlike most things in life, knowledge can be given away freely and never be diminished

Banned

Yes, looks like an excellent design. I'm sure it will shoot and feed well, I particularly like the nose profile and flat base, easy to lube and it ought to shoot well even in guns with little or no throat.

Gear

Boolit Master

I also just got another Accurate Mold for my 45. I got the 45-250A in a 4 cavity brass mould, it's fairly close to the BD45, except that it has a very small shoulder between the nose and the driving bands, something my Jericho seems to want. Here's a picture of 2, one as cast, the other sized and lubed.

I also got another Accurate Mold, this one for my RBH, it's a used aluminum 3 cavity mould (the first aluminum Accurate Mold I have), I just cast up a couple hundred of them today, but haven't taken any pictures yet.
    - MikeS

Want to checkout my feedback? It's here:
    http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=136410

When I get over the shock of buying a new star and heater the next mold purchase will be one like yours. Very nice!
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master
    Mike
    I used to have one like yours
    was a pain
    when seating I had to go all the way to the front of the shoulder and it would create a lead ring on the front of the shoulder and they would be hard to chamber in my revo
    is the boolit on the right a different boolit ??
    I have been looking long and hard at the op's design but haven't gone any further ...YET!
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Quote Originally Posted by white eagle View Post
    Mike
    I used to have one like yours
    was a pain
    when seating I had to go all the way to the front of the shoulder and it would create a lead ring on the front of the shoulder and they would be hard to chamber in my revo
    is the boolit on the right a different boolit ??
    I have been looking long and hard at the op's design but haven't gone any further ...YET!
    Building up a lead ring during seating is usually due to not enough bell on the case mouth. Try belling the mouth a little more, until the base of the boolit enters the first few hundreths of an inch of the case mouth easily. You shouldn't see any more lead ring when seating.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NAHC Life Member
    TSRA Life Member

Unlike most things in life, knowledge can be given away freely and never be diminished

Try it, you'll like it! Feeds though a 1911 like silk.
    NRA Patron Member

Kids Are For People That Can't Have Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by ColColt View Post
    I received another one of Tom's beautiful molds today for the 45-230M 45 ACP -a RN 230 gr variety in brass and three at a time which seems to be a good size for me. The weather was so good it was perfect timing to go out in the garage and knock out a few hundred. As always, boolits dropped from the mold well and they came out looking good. I wish it had gotten here a couple days ago I could have loaded some up for the trip to the range this morning but, there will be another time.

I know this is an old post but I found it while researching this board for my next 45 ACP mold from Accurate Molds. Thank you ColColt!
    Gondwana

Never give up, no obstacle is invincible, there is always a way.

Boolit Master
    He makes great molds I am very impressed with the two I have.

Boolit Master
    The 230M is a close ogive to the original Lyman 452374 ball type mold however has the small meplat to it. I've shot some of these in both 45 Auto's and in 45 ACP revolvers and the boolits performed well

I put together something similar but put a touch larger maplat to my design which fit my needs better.

Boolit Buddy
    I have the Accurate 200 grain version of that, and it's just sweet. I've shot them both lubed and powder-coated, and they're excellent.

Here's what I did with that boolit at 100 yards out of my XD-45, offhand; 11 shots, that's a 4' x 7' sniper target, 1' bullseye:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100yards45acp.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	149828

Here's the most recent batch, in Smoke's Signal Blue:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	accurate200gr.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	154.9 KB 
ID:	149829