Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: Lyman Casting furnace & Lubber Sizer

Boolit Mold

Lyman Casting furnace & Lubber Sizer

I have a Lyman Casting Kit I bought in the late 70's. I have never opened the box until now. I had ordered two Lyman molds, a .38 sp/.357 LSWC and .45ACP LRN. To my surprise everything looked great. When I took everything out of the box I discovered two items had some rust. I will start with the casting pot. It's a 20lb bottom pour that has some rust on the inside bottom. My question is, how do I treat the rust? Do I fill it with lead and let it take care of itself? I had also ordered the sizer and lube dies with top punches. However not knowing any better, I only have one handle. The lubber/sizer is model 450. The color is dark gray and has a pot metal handle that looks like it would bend if you put to much pressure on it. I called Lyman to see if I could replace the existing handle with the solid one. She told me the sizer was two old and could not be replaced. Last, one of my sizer dies had rusted on the inside where the pin slides up and down. I polished it as best I could and it appears to look fine. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks, Hank

Boolit Master
    One of those round steel brush with a stem for using in an electric hand drill should take care of the rust in the pot., seems like you already handled the rust in the size die. I'd say you are good to go.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller