RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee Precision

Thread: Best swaging press for the money?

Boolit Master

Best swaging press for the money?

Just curious besides reloading press. What is the best for the money? Sea Girt, Walnut hill, Up North or?????
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

Boolit Master
    I would say, if you are only going to swage bullets and don't want the dual stroke length, that the Sea Girt looks like a strong press and a good buy.

Boolit Master

if your only looking for a swage press the BSSP press from Dr. Blackmon is only 150. its basically a mighty mite.
    after that the Sea Girt then the Walnut Hill
    none really are cheap and there are other ways around it. It kinda leads to the Lee , RCBS, Hornady debate. I suppose your intended use and the amount you use it would dictate what the best value for the money is.

I'll throw my vote in for the Walnut hills press. It is a pricey press however but they do hold their value, Just watched one on ebay that was well used go for $10 under what is listed new and $26 for shipping....I will never need to replace it or any of its parts however. I got the WH press knowing I was going to be swaging larger bullets other than .223 eventually.

Currently working on .375 Swage dies and designing the reamers for the 2 styles of bullets I'll be using (learning as I go on this) I also enjoy the WH press because it serves as a 2nd 50bmg press for my bench when needed.
    My firearms project blog

Boolit Buddy
    For the money. Modified Lee Classic Cast appears the cheapest. BT has swaged up to .338's on it. I am but an armchair swager though, so there you have it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Reload3006 View Post
    if your only looking for a swage press the BSSP press from Dr. Blackmon is only 150. its basically a mighty mite.
    after that the Sea Girt then the Walnut Hill
    none really are cheap and there are other ways around it. It kinda leads to the Lee , RCBS, Hornady debate. I suppose your intended use and the amount you use it would dictate what the best value for the money is.
    I would include the Blackmon press too, I just like the vertical presses better than the horizontal. Good press though. Both designs have their pros and cons.
    Last edited by MIBULLETS; 01-30-2012 at 08:55 PM. Reason: spelling