Snyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load DataLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9mm & .41 Action Express

.40 transformed into .41

Anyone try making .40 S&W into .41 AE? Fire forming the S&W brass would be one way to do it after expanding and trimming to length and reloading with a .410 diameter boolit.
    Listen! Do you hear it. The roar of cannons, the screams of the dying! Ahh! Music to my ears!

Boolit Mold
    Hello my name is Robert do you still have a large Supply 41 Action Express and also do you know if 41 Magnums can be used in a 41 Action Express

I sold all my .41 AE brass a couple of years ago (this thread is from 2013).

The .41 AE brass can be made from .41 Magnum brass, since the first ones were. It's a lot of work, since they have to be cut off, mouths trued, and a whole lot of material taken off the base to form a 9x19 rim. It's a pretty labor intensive project, and even .41 Magnum brass is a little pricey.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Buddy
    .41 AE brass and loaded ammo regularly shows up on Gunbroker. At least the 170gr 41 caliber bullets are available again from Sierra. Saeco used to have a variety of bullet molds for 41 AE. I have their four cavity 170gr. I have five pistols in .41 AE. I have a Commander (what started this all), a Government Model, two High Powers, and a EAA Witness. The Commander is the only one that started out to be in 41 AE. It has a Olympic Arms barrel.

Bill

Boolit Buddy
    Accurate molds has a mold I designed for the 41 mag that should work good in the 41AE.
    http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...=41-170D-D.png

Boolit Bub
    I realize this is an old thread, but does anyone know of a barrel maker or someone who might rebore a barrel for an xd-m?

Just for completeness, someone suggested using 7.62x39 as parent brass for 41 AE conversion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12