RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load Data Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fun shoot target ideas

Tie a washer on a string, glue a piece of paper over the hole. Put the boolit through the paper. Or toss the washer up, shoot through the hole.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Grand Master
    I run a kids summer black powder range and when the paper gets boring, I hang a water filled jug off the target frame. They always perk up because it's different.

Boolit Master
    weve never done this at a fun shoot but my buddies and i have tied a helium balloon to a cheapo remote controlled car.
    one guy drives while the other tries to hit the balloon.
    then we switch.
    this is REALLY hard to do because your buddy is driving as erratically as possible and the balloon is bouncing all over the place on it's string.

make sure you have a good backdrop!

p.s.
    i use my yugo sks!

Here is a fun one to try, skeet with a 22 cal SAA, when you get real good, switch to draw and shoot
    TexRebel

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one."
    Alexander Hamilton

Boolit Master

Wink Baloons filled with chalk dust

Ya take your baloon and put in some chalk dust and staple it to a 2 x 4 plank.

Suspend the plank between two cinder blocks and at 200 yrds have at it.

You can put a dozen or so balloon onto the plank and have a reactive target on the cheap.

If you want to get fancy fill them with helium and chalk dust and tie them to different lengths of string to the 2 x 4 at whatever range you want.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Boolit Mold
    One of my best old school favorites is Christmas tree ornaments. You can find used one's dirt cheap at yard sales and thrift stores (and even eBay). Hang them all over trees, cactus. Suspend them from string stretched between trees. They are ideal for any distance or light level.......They make a hell of a mess though.

Boolit Master

Clay pedgons on a string, old bowling pins for man on man, 2 kids with 22's and 5 pins each, first one with all 5 down wins.
    2X2X4ft stake vertical in the ground, distance from shooter 5-7 yards, on the side tape a close pin, in the cloths pin a playing card so the shooter see the edge now cut the card in half.

Team shoot, as many shooters as you want but 5 is good with 10 rounds per shooter, from 7-10 yards a 4 ft circle drawn on the ground with powdered chalk in the center 25-35 golf balls, fastest team to empty the circle of GB's is winner, or the most empted when all ammo is expended
    Change up # of shooters, round count and ball count as needed
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Beer can rise.

Two empty beer/soda cans. Fill one with water. Set the other on top of it. Two man team; one rifle, one shotgun. Have the rifle shooter with a decent caliber and load shoot the water filled can. This launches the empty can into the air for a shotgun shooter.

Obviously the punchier the rifle/pistol load is the higher the empty can goes.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Master
    Do be careful when shooting bowling pins, especially with .22s. I've seen a .22 go in the pin, around the inside of the jacket and back out the hole it went in. Strange things happen with pins.

Boolit Master
    Someone told me recently that he shoots pool chalk. You can get it cheap, in different colors and it throws a colored cloud when hit. He uses them at 100 yards and says it's obvious when someone hits one. They're 7/8" square so it's a challenge.

Boolit Mold
    TestHop & CarpetMan: How about we put your ### in a cage with a few Tigers and let them chase you both around a bit: Comments like that give gun people a BAD name GROW UP !!!!
    Last edited by waksupi; 08-27-2009 at 07:51 PM. Reason: That language is unacceptable here.

Boolit Buddy

That plaster statue was fun. It was old and on the curb. My kids broken toys are fun too.

Pennies at 75yds (iron sight w/ .22) are fun. Pretty cheap too. (Paint stuff orange so you can see it)

Junk tools suspended are fun. (cheap rounded or cracked wrenches, cracked pry bars, etc...)

Cats don't stay still long enough to shoot

A can of spray foam was fun
    Come and take them, Boolits first.
    Zombie hunter, Lic# 3006

GS1458---You are correct, using cats as a target gives gun people a bad name. But cat owners have a good name. In my town last year animal control picked up over 12,000 cats and was able to adopt out about 360 of them. The rest they euthanized. In my neighborhood several ferral type cats roam. I do trap some and have hauled off by animal control (part of stats given above).How horrible the thought of using a gun to shoot one. I should have said dont use them as a target--just euthanize them with a gun. To make it more sporting maybe launch them with helium balloons and shoot the balloons. It would take a larger balloon to launch a tiger.

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

Quote Originally Posted by carpetman View Post
    GS1458---You are correct, using cats as a target gives gun people a bad name. To make it more sporting maybe launch them with helium balloons and shoot the balloons. It would take a larger balloon to launch a tiger.
    Carpetman:

Do you think this would work for Moose? Well actually................the decoys..........they're to heavy to carry around and I'm thinking I could float them around with the balloons.
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Red River Rick----There was a picture on the internet of a moose that got caught in a power line as it was being installed--the moose was hanging of a powerline pole. There is another picture of a whitetail buck humping someones decoy. I'd be careful carrying around a load of moose decoys--watch your backside.

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

Quote Originally Posted by carpetman View Post
    Red River Rick----There was a picture on the internet of a moose that got caught in a power line as it was being installed--the moose was hanging of a powerline pole.
    I saw that pic........................what happened? Did his balloons break and he fell on the power lines? That was probably a big OWIEEEE! How did the hunter retrieve his moose?

Maybe this BALLOON hunting isn't for me!
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Moderator Emeritus

Take a 2x4 and a router and cut a 1/4" deep slot 1/4" wide along the middle of the 4" surface lengthwise and then place El Cheapo Antacid tablets in it about every 4 inches. Makes a great 22 target for the kids as they disappear in a puff of smoke when hit and the things cost about $1.50 for a bottle of 100 when on sale.

You can drill a hole at either end and stake it into the ground if you dont want a hit to move the whole board.
    Reloading Data Project - (in retirement)
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

Boolit Master
    has anyone mentioned dirt clods? what can be cheaper than dirt? and enviro-neutral, too. a good hit gets a nice puff of dust.

I save up my almost empty shaving foam cans. You know, when you push the nozzle and soupy foam comes out.

Whatever you use, please pick up after yourself.
    Any way you sell it,
    No matter how you spell it,
    When you start to smell it,
    BO Stinks!

dried cowpatties on water(where there is no riccochet hazzard) splatter pretty good and you get smaller targets the chunks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast