Lee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: Ever heard of Console Vault?

Moderator Emeritus

Ever heard of Console Vault?

Ever had a worry about leaving valuables in your car, even for short periods of time? I have, where I live (NC) if you CCW, you are limited as to where you can carry, if you want to stay legal, you have to leave your gun in the car in certain places. I never liked the idea of leaving my gun in the car.. I looked online for solutions, there are all sorts of various locking boxes and safes that you can buy, some have cables, some bolt to the floor, some require vehicle modification. By chance, I was talking to a friend about this and he showed me the console vault web page.
    http://www.consolevault.com/
    I took a chance an ordered one after reading everything I could find about these. Honestly, the biggest seller for me is they are all steel construction made right here in the USA. Mine arrived today, in literally 15 minutes I had it installed, and the new combination set. It uses the factory console bolts to secure it in the vehicle.
    I had to take the lid off the console and the hinge to install it, they include vehicle specific full color pictures with the step by step instructions. If I can do this, anyone can!

Here's what the console looks like closed.

When you open the console, you reveal the top of the vault.

The factory sets the combination to 0-0-0, it's easy to reset it to your own numbers, they include step by step instructions for this. It's got a spring loaded lid, so once you open it, it stays open until you close it.

You don't lose much space, each console vault is vehicle specific so it's made to fit with very little wasted space. Just to show the room there is in mine, that's a Model 36 in there, with 100 rounds of ammo, plenty of room left for anything else you might want to store temporarily.

The bigger your console is, the bigger the vault will be. This was the perfect solution for me. easy access, your choice of locks too, if you don't like a keyless lock, you can get a keyed lock for the same price.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Master

I need one but they don't make one for my car.

Boolit Master
    In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by canyon-ghost View Post
    Which has very mixed reviews. Go to the last page.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Moderator Emeritus

I looked at those, not for me, I'm very happy with the one I bought.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

WWGWD

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Trey

I have one in my 2005 Silverado I bought about a yr ago off ebay.

It was used but looked new Cost me a whole $50.00.

I just love it
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Moderator Emeritus

DCP, I consider that to be a good review! A year old and bought used and you're still happy with it, that works for me! Is yours a keyed or keyless lock?

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

WWGWD

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Trey

Its Keyless and I set it to my own combination.
    I dont think I would like the keyed.
    It really gives you piece of mind.

They dont make one for a Chrysler Mini Van

I would buy again at full price but I will look at ebay 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Trey45 View Post
    DCP, I consider that to be a good review! A year old and bought used and you're still happy with it, that works for me! Is yours a keyed or keyless lock?
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Bub

i like the vault. how fast can you get in it if ya needed to?

Moderator Emeritus

How fast can you dial 3 numbers on a combo lock? I don't intend to ever use the vault as a permanent storage for my pistol, it's only for those times when I must disarm myself to enter a premises where CCW is posted as forbidden, or where current law states it is illegal. Any other time I'll have my pistol on my person. It makes a good place to keep other stuff though, my GPS stays in there when I'm not using it, my truck flashlight and extra battery, a box of ammo, a folding knife, emergency cash, hand grenades, power bars, dehydrated water, you know the stuff everyone keeps in their truck

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

WWGWD

Boolit Bub

Sounds like a good deal. i may have to look into one. Thanks

Boolit Buddy
    I was all excited for a minute, figuring they MUST make one for Jeep Cherokee. NOPE.

Foiled again.
    "Yes, I handload almost exclusively. No, it isn't really cheaper, but I shoot a lot more...."

You have to remember that you are dealing with clueless idiots.
    They couldn't get a clue even if they rubbed clue musk all over themselves, and did the clue mating dance, in a room full of horny clues. -Matt G.

Banned

Where do you store your Bazooka, Trey?

Fort Knox makes some really good mobile lock boxes, but nothing that well-fitting that I know of unless they've come out with something recently.

Gear