Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Load DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: Need advice on valur of RAW WW

Boolit Buddy

Need advice on valur of RAW WW

Hello all!!! I need to make a powder purchase and to raise the funds, I am gonna sell some of my lead. I know that most folks get around a dollar a pound shipped for WW ingots, right?? My question in, how much are RAW WW worth, shipped. I have several buckets of WW in the shed. I figure on filling a flat rate box up as sort of a grab bag. In other words, 45 to 50 lbs of a mix of clip and stick on weights. NO trash such as nuts, valve stems, etc.
    what would that box be worth????
    Thanks
    Jeff

about a dollar a pound shipped, IE 40 lbs of raw COWW or clip on/stick on mixed for $40 shipped, provided the zinkers have been removed, and they are the larger sizes so they are not as much clip as lead. It would be even better if the stick ons and the clip ons were separated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo256 View Post
    about a dollar a pound shipped, IE 40 lbs of raw COWW or clip on/stick on mixed for $40 shipped, provided the zinkers have been removed, and they are the larger sizes so they are not as much clip as lead. It would be even better if the stick ons and the clip ons were separated.
    Sorry to disagree, but... For raw WW, sight unseen, that I have to smelt, etc... 50 cents/lb shipped. I would pay slightly more than this IF I can see/inspect them (ie - local purchase) and know what I am getting. Just me. Others may disagree...

Boolit Mold
    I don't know about shipped, but I paid between $20.00 and $30.00 for full 5 gallon buckets last week. It was my first time buying, and that seems to be what they got from scrapers.

Boolit Bub

Since a quick internet search shows readily available wheel weight ingots for $1/lb, I think $0.80/lb for raw is reasonable.

Boolit Buddy
    Wow, some of you think that the smelting and loss of 20-30% weight due to droos, clips and trash is only worth .20-.40 per lb.
    I would pay only about .30 lb for raw sight unseen ww. But then again, I get them free or no more then 25.00 a 5 gallon bucket here. Haven't had to hard of a time finding them either. Started about 3 months ago, and 2 times out I collected 6 buckets worth from 3 places.

Roger

Boolit Master

I paid $50.00 for a five gallon bucket full of large truck type wheel weights and was glad to do so. Weighed around 135 lbs. No valve stems or paper junk either.
    Marty-hiding out in the hills.

Banned

I've been selling WW in a usps medium flat rate box approx 50 lbs for $45.00 shipped. If you see lead WW you better grab them up. This last batch I went through had quite a few steel WW in it. I'll ship out my last box tomorrow, nothing left in my stash. I know a guy who has 1,000lb of linotype & I'm gonna try to get him to part with a few hundred pounds.

The last time i checked raw wheel weights at the local tire shop were going for $40.00 for a 5 gallon bucket. That is roughly 100 pounds. And i balked at that.
    Silver and Gold are for rich men. Lead and Brass is MY silver and gold! And when push comes to shove, one of my silver and gold pieces will be more valuable than a big pile of actual silver and gold.

Depends on how badly you need them.

In Remembrance
    I'm positive its regional, where I live I can pick them up at the recyclers for.20 lb when they have them for raw ww.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Boolit Bub
    Checked with my local scrap yard yesterday.. .32\lb for mixed WW. He also said that if I wanted over 500 lbs he would cut me a deal.

Boolit Bub

I am able to get a 5 gal bucket full for 20 buckets with just a little bit of effort and I find the effort worth my time. My friend has no interest in searching for wheel weights and told me yesterday he was going to order some on Ebay for $1.00/lb. To each his own...

My point is that just because many of us wouldn't pay $0.75 to a $1 for raw wheel weights doesn't mean that the OP would have difficulty selling a lot to people like my friend.

Boolit Master

Last time I checked with my recycler, local prices were $.45/lb for (unsorted) WWs and $.65 for scrap lead (pipe, roof flashing, isotope canisters, etc.). Considering that the last batch I got from him was almost 20% Zn/Fe, I'd gladly go up to $.75/lb (plus flat-rate shipping) for sorted, trash-free WWs.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Bub
    Melting down the ww and sorting them from the ww is the hardest part. Easily one third of the weight is lost as clips or iron and zinc weights.

To be frank in my area Bosnians are buying all the five gallon buckets they can for 50.00 bucks each. I figure they must be making fake silver and fold jewelry to make it worth, cuz I never see any .of them at the fun range.