RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: First ANNUAL Cast Boolits Hog Hunt

Boolit Master

Thumbs up First ANNUAL Cast Boolits Hog Hunt

Well, it is FINALLY here. Back in October, I auctioned off a benefit hog hunt. The lucky winners were to be treated to three days, three nites of lodging, food, and all the hog hunting they could stand. And now it's here.

Scott, Dustin and Trevor will be my guests this weekend and it could not shape up to be a better weekend. The weather is perfect. Highs of mid 70's and lows of mid 50's with little to no chance of rain. This is AWESOME!!!

I went scouting last weekend and saw hogs everytime I went out. They are tearing up the ground all over and we should have no problems other than not being able to reload fast enough. And all the hogs I saw were within 75 yards so shots will be fine even for pistols.

I am going to the ranch this evening to do more scouting and to set up chairs and things. The guys will be here late Thursday evening. Everyone keep an eye out on this thread as we will add updates and pictures as often as we can.

Wish us luck!
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Banned

<-------------
    jealous.
    good luck guy's.

Love Life
    When is the next auction?

Moderator Emeritus

This sounds like some real fun! Take lots of pictures!
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    When is the next auction?

With blessings from my dad, the property owner, we have decided to make this an ANNUAL thing. I stress Annual because it was not intended to be annual when this first got going. But several things have made it clear that it would be a good idea. First, October seems to be the time of year that everyone is winding down for the holidays, Deer seasons are busy times and also buying gifts and such take their toll on family budgets. What better time to come together and make a sizable donation to help a board member. That holiday spirit thing, ya know?

Second, we get some of those rooters off our property and it doesn't affect our deer season. People who maybe have never hunted pigs can come together and celebrate that wich brought us together.

I would have NEVER guessed this would get so much support. The way we have all come together on this has been great. Several members have sent me their ideas for hog traps, snares, helped with the menu, and offered other suggestions. Since the community has helped put it together it is clear that we are all reasonable people and value each other.

I guess till further notice, we will keep the benefit auction ending on Halloween, or a day in that general time frame. But there will be other hunts and opportunities to come and hunt. I would like to sell a couple to help my dad pay for the deer corn. Right now we fill 9 - 600 pound feeders every 24 days. And that is at 11.00 a 50 pound sac. And we do it for deer season starting in October, not just for the hog hunting. It is actually more rewarding and more challenging to hunt them when the feeders are not going, but that means at nite, on thier terms, when they actually have the advantage.

I will keep everyone posted if there will be another auction, definately. But if anyone wants to come in and hunt, I am but a PM away.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Buddy
    Have a GREAT hunt! Wonderful that the weather is so nice.

Thank you for your great generosity in making this an annual affair. Good on Ya!

Love Life
    I hope your guests kill many pigs!!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    The one who kills the most, gets the Indian name, "Many Pigs"!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Finally made it to the ranch. Had to stop by the folks and sight in (or at least check) all the nite vision. 20 rounds of 50 Beo is no fun off the bench. I am not sure how the one with the nite vision is going to work out. After every shot, I had to stop and re adjust the focus ring. On one hand....... The problems with the nite vision limits the capability of a second follow up shot. Although, with a 50, you should not NEED a second shot. I cannot wait to see how these things do on flesh.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    The one who kills the most, gets the Indian name, "Many Pigs"!
    Ha! OinksWithaFist!!!

Boolit Master
    Hooah!!!!! Just cam in from a scouting...... I got 3, yes 3 big black rooters in the field less than 400 yards away. I left em standing.... Saving them for the guys, but it was hard. REAL hard to leave em breathing. I cant wait to get after em.

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by x101airborne View Post
    Ha! OinksWithaFist!!!

Brahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Cast Hunter

Sounds awesome! Good luck to all.

Boolit Master

I'll be following this closely. Lotsa pictures please!

SS
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master
    Just got back from the mornin scout. 6 under the feeder closest to the cabin (200 yards away). Biggest was about 190 or so. Smallest was around 30 pounds. Real clean, Real fat. I got within about 30 or so yards of em and then backed off. They never knew I was there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by x101airborne View Post
    ha! Oinkswithafist!!!
    lolololololol!

Can not wait to see the pictures, the wife wants to do a pig hunt bad. Gotta say though, I want to just as bad.

Jeff
    NAHC Life Member, WV Citizens Defense Lague, NRA. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    Ever consider this as a sideline business?

I have a horde of brothers, sons, and nephews who need to quit buying firearms and find a way to go use them. Don't even need a place to stay, just a place to hunt.

Boolit Master
    I have actually considered doing this full time. But out of respect to those who bid and donated I was going to wait till after this weekend to sell any hunts.

Went out a while ago. Had to set the blind up that the hogs had knocked over. Also threw a little corn on the ground where they were rooting last nite. Hopefully (my fingers crossed) they will come back to the same spots and stay long enough to stalk and pop with the nite vision.

While driving through the pasture, I jumped our resident PITA. Dang long haired HUGE yote. I have seen him a couple times before. He is the one that hung up at 200 yards in the brush and gave my wife and I about 30 minutes of lecture. Anyway, forgot my M1-A was sighted for 147 gr. milsurp and not the 168 matchkings I brought for the weekend. Two shots, both hit low. Sorriest shooting I have done in a while. I really gotta get back in the groove of open sights.

I doubt there would be any problems with this auction hunt, but before I would start selling hunts, I would check with your state on being an outfitter. They will want a cut, no doubt.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast